Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warp Nexus is the Spiritual Successor to Jumpgate & Coming to Multiple Platforms in 2019 - MMORPG.c

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWarp Nexus is the Spiritual Successor to Jumpgate & Coming to Multiple Platforms in 2019 - MMORPG.com News

Wyrmbyte has announced that Warp Nexus, considered the spiritual successor to Jumpgate, is coming to multiple platforms later in 2019. The game will head to Steam Early Access this summer and will be crossplay compatible between consoles and mobile. "Be whatever kind of pilot you want to be, take whatever kind of job you want, and reap the rewards in a space-flight MMO that takes the emptiness out of space by making sure your next job is just a quick warp away."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    That ship at the end reminds me of the Warrior from Earth & Beyond....also this looks really meh. :'(

Was looking forward to Jumpgate Evolution, but this looks like ass imo. (Sorry to those who like this)
    Asm0deus
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    It does look like ass.....

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    The explosion effects are terrible, and why is everything so shiny? Absolutely terrible trailer.
    Maurgrim

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Asm0deus said:

It does look like ass.....

The explosion effects are terrible, and why is everything so shiny? Absolutely terrible trailer.

You guys do realise this is pre-Alpha footage, as it says at the bottom left of the video? What exactly are you expecting?
    HarikenSinsaiSpottyGekko
  • WyrmbyteWyrmbyte Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Ouch, we are a tiny team but feedback is always welcome. We will make it better. Right now we have just begun testing and getting feedback on things like controls, AI, missions, etc.
    VezlinitchmonHarikenSinsaiMadFrenchie[Deleted User]
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    edited March 2019

Wyrmbyte said:

Ouch, we are a tiny team but feedback is always welcome. We will make it better. Right now we have just begun testing and getting feedback on things like controls, AI, missions, etc.

I think we're all still bitter about JG:E. I for one appreciate your teams hard work, but compared to JG:E, this looks pretty bad. Just one guys opinion.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Space games must have nice explosions It's a must.
    itchmon
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    not impressed.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Mobile...

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Wyrmbyte said:

Will this be another space sim pvp gank box or is pvp optional?
    Gdemami

Will this be another space sim pvp gank box or is pvp optional?

You play how you want, its completely instanced. Single player, co-op or PvP. However you play though you are changing the same universe. A ship carrying titanium getting destroyed in single player still pulls that item from the same universe as players playing PvP.
    There seems to be a negative reaction to mobile. Why? Unreal runs on multiple platforms so we are making sure it runs there as well. We are not changing game play or adding mobile like features or anything.
    Ozmodan
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Was Jumpgate Evolution suppose to be the Spiritual Successor to the SPG Freelancer?  Or was that a different one.   All I remember from the Ad was ships buzzing around a space station for it, and that it never happened.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I would love a successor to Earth and Beyond. I can't forgive EA for killing it.

Mobile means it will be scaled back to be able to run on lesser hardware. Makes it less of a game than what it could have been if mobile wasn't there.

As a mobile title I know I will be skipping it. The mobile scaled down is most likely why it looks like it does, and will probably never reach the graphic level of something like EvE.
    We are cross platform similar to fortnite or PUBG, not sure anything is missing from those games just because it runs on mobile. Something we obviously need to address.
    Ozmodan
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Wyrmbyte said:
    There seems to be a negative reaction to mobile. Why? Unreal runs on multiple platforms so we are making sure it runs there as well. We are not changing game play or adding mobile like features or anything.
    Mobiphobia.

Good luck, I'll look forward to checking it out on launch!  You may also be interested in reaching out to the "Space Game Junkie" podcast; they are huge Jumpgate fans and I guarantee they would love to do an interview.
    Valdheim

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• sythraelsythrael Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I'm not sure what everyone else is expecting from Pre-Alpha, but in my mind that puts it just a step away from concept art. Can't really expect AAA development from that. I'm looking forward to watching the evolution of it.
    Valdheim

May the Chaos forever bind you to it's glory.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Soon as you include mobile it self defines itself as a poor game.  
    Interesting. Do you think less of Fortnite or PUBG because they have mobile versions? Was there something they left out that would have been there if not?
    HarikenOzmodan
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Wyrmbyte said:
    Interesting. Do you think less of Fortnite or PUBG because they have mobile versions? Was there something they left out that would have been there if not?
    When you add mobile it puts the game into trash category

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Mobile has a massive stigma on it and rightly so, but as hardware evolves people do not mobile games are still laden with crappy micro transactions and pay walls everywhere and that what attracts lazy game devs trying to "get rich quick" what ever happened to buy a game play a game? its none existent anymore really because game devs like to factor in investor earnings into their final product so gate what comes out (chopping the final product into a game thats only 50% of what it really is with paid DLC to unlock the rest) and then say it was expensive to develop rather than making a decent game.

Game devs think mobile is a saviour for their game because it means that they can put in little effort for maximum reward! This means it is less work on fidelity of in game models downscaling everything to fit on a smaller screen (making it look like complete garbage), giving it gimmicky controls like using accelerometer and touch screen (good on paper but when realised its the worst and people opt for a gamepad anyway), gating the product in a way that u actually need to buy product from an online store to progress meaningfully

Mobile works for PUBG and Fortnite because the game's in question are simple and addictive if you are not gonna add mobile features to ur mobile version of the game whats the point its wasted dev time which could go back into the investor pot and actually work on some decent looking stuff because that trailer was far too shiney! just because u polish a turd its still a piece of crap just saying (not that ur game is crap mind its only pre alpha)
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Margrave said:
    I would love a successor to Earth and Beyond. I can't forgive EA for killing it.

Mobile means it will be scaled back to be able to run on lesser hardware. Makes it less of a game than what it could have been if mobile wasn't there.

As a mobile title I know I will be skipping it. The mobile scaled down is most likely why it looks like it does, and will probably never reach the graphic level of something like EvE.
    Man Earth & Beyond was so fun. I really do hate EA.
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    edited March 2019
    This website is skewed, I hate mobile games like maybe others here however the world and the economy disagree and mobile games are making more than regular games Ie look at ncsofts quarterly reports. To the developers keep going with your vision! People will find it interesting and hopefully the critisicm you get is more constructive than above from here on out.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• OmbwahOmbwah Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    To those that mention E&B, I'm pretty certain that we've got a comparable feature set in WN. WRT mobile vs other platforms, Unreal engine is more or less platform agnostic and that is what WN is being developed in so we can release a cross-platform "living" mmo that is accessible from wherever, whenever.
    Thanks for the feedback, I need to work on how we are presenting the game to make sure its clear that nothing about it is mobile centric in design or features. Its just that newer mobile phones are powerful enough to also run the client so why not allow it as well. It seems fun to me that while at home I can play with maxed out settings on a VR machine but if I wanted at lunch I could fly some missions on my phone as well.