Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Enters Beta Phase & Celebrates with New Trailer - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWolcen: Lords of Mayhem Enters Beta Phase & Celebrates with New Trailer - MMORPG.com

The Wolcen team has announced that the game has officially entered its beta phase of development. For the past year, the team has been hard at work completely redesigning the game from the ground up to adhere to higher standards and to provide players with "years of regular content updates". Everything has been retooled including art direction, monsters, skills, animations, levels, visual effects and much more. Most notably, Wolcen now has co-op multiplayer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    No traditional mankini plate armor? Literally unplayable.

Actually great graphics and animations. Though female characters aren't implemented yet.

Thank you for your time!

• ShaihubyShaihuby Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I feel a big Warhammer/WH40K vibe
    black_islewonkerz
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Time to look into it again i think. Nice to see them making Progress after that long somewhat "Silent Period".
    SeelinnikoiNaitakal
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    DMKano said:
    Much better than Torchlight Frontiers
    I'm not loving the Frontier system either and considering it is in the title I doubt it will change all that much. 
    Seelinnikoi
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    DMKano said:
    I am glad that you seem to have a good opinion on it. I have been eyeing Wolcen for a while and hoping it could be the next great leap for this genre.
    Seelinnikoinycplayboy78
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited March 2019
    Aeander said:
    DMKano said:
    I am glad that you seem to have a good opinion on it. I have been eyeing Wolcen for a while and hoping it could be the next great leap for this genre.
    It isnt the next great leap by any stretch but it plays solid and looks good. Which honestly is ok for a fine night of gaming or two. 
    Well, I don't recall Path of Exile immediately setting the world on fire. It did that after the content updates started dropping. 

Right now, there are a lot of upcoming ARPGs which look fun but lack ambition. I'm thinking that Wolcen and Last Epoch have the most potential (but I would say Last Epoch is more likely to be the next genre leader).
    [Deleted User]SeelinnikoiSlyLoK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Glad to see Wolcen moving along. Backed it ages ago and for a bit it seemed to have gotten stuck in Alpha limbo. Will check progress soon, it definitely has potential.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]Seelinnikoinycplayboy78Truvidien88
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MalaclypsetyMalaclypsety Member UncommonPosts: 8
    so most important for me, do they have a campaign until endgame now?
    Seelinnikoi
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I’ve been a Kickstarter backer since day one but haven't given this a go yet lol.
    louis.imbrognoSBFordRoin[Deleted User]Seelinnikoinycplayboy78gastovski1
  • Wolv3Wolv3 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    FINALLY
    Seelinnikoi
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    I bought this a few years ago on steam. I hop on about every 6 months and give it a spin for a few hours. This game will be good. It may not have enough content on launch, but if sales are good and they can afford to do what Path Of Exile did adding more content and dev team, it should go far.
    Seelinnikoi
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looks good for an ARPG too bad it's an ARPG,to the dumpster with ya.Not into gaming where i am destroying weak fodder and a boss here and there doesn't make up for the rest of the game.

Puny player,you can't see any detail on the player,why give me a player then?Just so i can see where the attacks come from?
    Overhead camera,again not something i can enjoy.
    To me Arpg's are like 1/10th of an actual game,i guess for some they say this is all i want to do,not me,i want a full game.
    AeanderarBishopSeelinnikoinycplayboy78ceh430TacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Looks good for an ARPG too bad it's an ARPG,to the dumpster with ya.Not into gaming where i am destroying weak fodder and a boss here and there doesn't make up for the rest of the game.

Puny player,you can't see any detail on the player,why give me a player then?Just so i can see where the attacks come from?
    To me Arpg's are like 1/10th of an actual game,i guess for some they say this is all i want to do,not me,i want a full game.
    Go stay in Atlas if it's so good. 
    boris20[Deleted User]SeelinnikoiTacticalZombehAlteiir
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Wizardry said:

I'm seriously wondering if you are just saying this about every game on purpose at this point. It could be the greatest looking game ever but you will say something about how you watched 3 minutes of a twitch stream complain that a streamer was playing it, talk about how devs are all bad and want money and then talk about how great FFXI or Atlas is. It's insanity dude.

On topic, this game is fun as hell. 
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Seelinnikoinycplayboy78TacticalZombehValdheim
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Jeez. Finally. I almost gave up.

By the way if they ever finish it ( and its starting to look hopeful ) it is potentially best ARPG , even surpassing POE with gameplay and complexity.
    [Deleted User]Seelinnikoi

Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    DMKano said:
    It isnt the next great leap by any stretch but it plays solid and looks good. Which honestly is ok for a fine night of gaming or two. 
    Well, I don't recall Path of Exile immediately setting the world on fire. It did that after the content updates started dropping. 

Right now, there are a lot of upcoming ARPGs which look fun but lack ambition. I'm thinking that Wolcen and Last Epoch have the most potential (but I would say Last Epoch is more likely to be the next genre leader).
    There is one in particular in closed alpha being made by a surprise studio that will surprise people look for it in early 2020 
    Ha. I'll take your word for it. Remind me in early 2020. 

Anyone want to start placing guesses?
    Seelinnikoi
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Wolv3 said:

FINALLY

This. Good to see it evolve, thought the devs forgot about the game.
    Seelinnikoi

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    The combat in this game is amazing but sadly , after playing the *beta* , i seriously doubt this will be finished soon.. more like 1 year.
    Seelinnikoi
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

Wizardry said:

This is a "full game". Your opinion in no way "defines" anything
    SeelinnikoiTacticalZombeh
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    5 days ago you could fire up Wolcen, create a female char, and play through the Story and the Acts.
    Now you can Only play a default Male, and do repeat-instance dungeon "tasks". No Story, no exploring, just one dungeon run after another.

In other words, Alpha was a complete game, Beta is a very limited testing environment that will tire quickly.
    Seelinnikoi
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Finvega said:
    5 days ago you could fire up Wolcen, create a female char, and play through the Story and the Acts.
    Now you can Only play a default Male, and do repeat-instance dungeon "tasks". No Story, no exploring, just one dungeon run after another.

In other words, Alpha was a complete game, Beta is a very limited testing environment that will tire quickly.
    You aren't supposed to be "playing a game" with the idea of an experience that continues your enjoyment. You are supposed to be testing.

If you are playing thinking you are supposed to be having an enjoyable "gaming" experience you need to stop. Why does this need to be said?

They very well might want to concentrate on various aspects of the game now that it is feature complete in order to polish/alter them.

Seelinnikoi[Deleted User]nycplayboy78boris20TacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260

Sovrath said:

Finvega said:

You aren't supposed to be "playing a game" with the idea of an experience that continues your enjoyment. You are supposed to be testing.

If you are playing thinking you are supposed to be having an enjoyable "gaming" experience you need to stop. Why does this need to be said?

They very well might want to concentrate on various aspects of the game now that it is feature complete in order to polish/alter them.

Yes.. no fun for you, Tester! Work I say... work for us the Dev's! And PAY us for the work, damnit! What the hell is wrong with you complaining?
    nycplayboy78boris20
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Finvega said:

Sovrath said:

Finvega said:

Yes.. no fun for you, Tester! Work I say... work for us the Dev's! And PAY us for the work, damnit! What the hell is wrong with you complaining?
    Did it ever occur to you that testing is actually fun for people?

There is a huge difference between playing a game and testing a game. You aren't being given the game as a finished product that will "hopefully" not tire you quickly. You are being given the game, parts of a game, maybe even just pvp or maybe just crafting or in some cases just logging in, in order to test. There are people who love being a part of that process.

If you don't love/like being a part of that process then why do it? Sounds to me like you just want to play the game NOW!
    [Deleted User]Panther2103
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo