Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shroud of the Avatar Release 64 Includes a Springtime Event & More - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageShroud of the Avatar Release 64 Includes a Springtime Event & More - MMORPG.com

Shroud of the Avatar Release 64 will be available later today and comes packed with new content for players to explore including a springtime event featuring the Arch Lapin, literally a "Deathy Bunny". Players can also stock up on Spring Equinox items like "delightful confections" and can even dye eggs for themselves. A wider array of player-made dungeon encounters are also added along with quality of life improvements and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Lot of time wasted on pixel fluff (see main picture) and not enough on the actual game.
    LeFantomeAgent_JosephScotjason523JamesGoblinEarthgirlbgzgamer
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    What a waste of time , they should work on the game instead of cashing the game as most as possible before the shut down.
    JamesGoblin

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    lol @ this game
    JamesGoblin
  • urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89
    People have been complaining for YEARS about the buggy, broken quest system, but sure, let's all have cupcakes! This game had so much potential and it was squandered by incompetent, greedy clowns.
    LeFantomeJamesGoblinbgzgamer
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    I don't want to sound misogynist, because I am totally not, but I can't find a better way to describe the way I feel about this game.
    To me SotA seems to be a bit too...girly.

The amount of fluff and 'cute' stuff is way off the chart for my taste.
    It needs a good injection of testosterone.
    For example, I have yet to see a badass looking Boss or a really nasty looking character.

Why they always showcase things like Cupcakes or people cooking, who are they trying to appeal? Masterchef audience?
    Kyleran
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    What a flop!
    JamesGoblin

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    TEKK3N said:
    I don't want to sound misogynist, because I am totally not, but I can't find a better way to describe the way I feel about this game.
    To me SotA seems to be a bit too...girly.

The amount of fluff and 'cute' stuff is way off the chart for my taste.
    It needs a good injection of testosterone.
    For example, I have yet to see a badass looking Boss or a really nasty looking character.

Why they always showcase things like Cupcakes or people cooking, who are they trying to appeal? Masterchef audience?
    Totally agree, I cringed every year when CCP gave everyone "snowball" and fireworks "launchers" for their ships.

Though I did often fit fireworks launchers on the useless high slots some haulers had just so I could celebrate a narrow escape or as a final act of defiance or futility if trapped in a gate bubble. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    To anyone who hasn't played the game, the trolling and sexist comments don't represent the game, those are from people who long ago stopped playing.

Come try it out yourself, it's free. And now you've got two houses that can be earned for free, one within a few hours of starting (finish one of the Outskirts, tell the quest giver "Deed").

See you in game.
    Sagasaintjason523JamesGoblinurinal_goosebgzgamer
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89
    edited March 2019

To anyone who hasn't played the game, the trolling and sexist comments don't represent the game, those are from people who long ago stopped playing.

Come try it out yourself, it's free. And now you've got two houses that can be earned for free, one within a few hours of starting (finish one of the Outskirts, tell the quest giver "Deed").

See you in game.

Criticism =/= trolling, no matter how many times you say it. Though I do agree that that one comment is a trifle sexist, like all comments that begin with something like, "I'm not sexist, but..."

The game is still incredibly buggy. Don't believe me? Watch Chris "Atos" Spears himself playing the game on his livestreams, and you can see the bugs he encounters.
    KyleranJamesGoblin
  • jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96

See you in game.

How many times now has it been proven that some "haters" do in fact still play the game in order to keep in contact with friends/guild? Hey, whatever feeds your agenda though. Huh?

I'd actually log in to check the changes each patch but my character is stuck in a scene with no way out while doing the love quest line. That is the worst of the crap design I had to put up with on my way through the quest system.
    JamesGoblin
  • VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100

jason523 said:

See you in game.

How many times now has it been proven that some "haters" do in fact still play the game in order to keep in contact with friends/guild? Hey, whatever feeds your agenda though. Huh?

I'd actually log in to check the changes each patch but my character is stuck in a scene with no way out while doing the love quest line. That is the worst of the crap design I had to put up with on my way through the quest system.

Start on world map.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Not gonna say greed killed this game cause that would mean it's actually a game. Rather I'll say greed prevented this ____ from ever becoming anything beyond an asset flip whaling expedition.
    JamesGoblinEarthgirlurinal_goose