Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foxbat Returns to Champions Online with New Rewards! - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFoxbat Returns to Champions Online with New Rewards! - MMORPG.com

From now through April 12th, Champions Online players can "put on some Googly Eyes and a Beanie Hat" thanks to the return of Foxbat. Players can take part in gambling, costume contests and scout around for ten action figures hidden throughout the event. These figures can be earned by "performing secret tasks". How's that for nebulous!?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ParagonianParagonian Member UncommonPosts: 39
    For anyone that's wondering: Yes, there are still a few people that are playing this game. That said, Foxbat isn't one of the better events that CO runs.
    AlverantnomurahPo_ggBlaze_Rocker
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    That's true, maybe this new "secret" part can shake things up a bit. Besides that FoxbatCon has mostly just the comic relief... the Foxbat costumes and the other rewards are nice though.
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    PW is trash for how theyve treated this game. It makes me sick.
    No real expansions
    No new power sets
    We should have had entire villain campaign by now.

Disgusting.
    rkip
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited April 2019
    Second week with the follow-up (and some additional cosmetics) has arrived https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11130283
    Turns out Foxbat was kidnapped, apparently that's why you can only find cosplayer lookalikes everywhere... :smiley:   It's only a short story snippet, as Paragonian said FoxbatCon ain't one of the better events. The bag, the AT and Foxbat's jet are nice enough rewards.

edit: they used to do movie references in CO, and turned out I just overlooked this latest one. It felt a bit odd to put a new vendor in ("There's a new store, where you can get your Magical Unicorn on"), even with the costume parts are good for themed heroes...

What I missed was the Netflix launch of Brie Larson's movie on the same day, which they acquired after Captain Marvel, and the title is Unicorn store :smiley:
    (Also the vendor, Emma, looks like the protagonist of the movie.)
    I doubt it is a paid cross-promotion, probably just a reference like many others in the game.
    Post edited by Po_gg on