Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Borderlands 3 Official Developer Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Borderlands 3 Official Developer Trailer

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Looks awesome! :)
    SaltyDog79[Deleted User]wingooddragonlee66TacticalZombehValdheiminfomatzGaladourn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    So much joypuke...
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited March 2019
    It's funny how the clip about FPS game has only 10 seconds (out of 220) of FPS gameplay - i.e. less than 5%. Even the devs understand how third person view is much (~19x) more superior. And then they offer FPS product anyway. Hypocrisy at its best.
    FlyByKnightelveoneZenJellyesc-joconnorbartoni33skeaserScotArskaaa

Thank you for your time!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2019
    Does the first one remaster have a free window like games such as Darksiders and Skyrim did when they did their remasters if you already owned the original? I think bioshock 1 and 2 upraded for free as well. As an aside: Who else remembers that time when steam goofed and put the Pre-Sequel up for $2 instead of $20?
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Looks....like a looter shooter. When Boarderlands was lonely in the genre, it was good. It was great. Now it is coming up with a 3rd game after we already have a few MMO looter shooters (Destiny 1 & 2, Division 1 & 2, Anthem), and a few other games in it too. Outerworlds looks like it could kick Boarderlands 3's butt easily (the graphics and aesthetics look more appeasing).
    skeaserGobstopper3D

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    Nerdgasm!
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300

Arterius said:

Looks good, will be picking up Borderlands GOTY edition. However that was the most cringe worthy stream I have ever watched. Just terrible.

Would you say it was a “streaming” pile of garbage???

I agree though. At least it ended on a high note unlike Blizzcon.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited March 2019
    They should have worked out a crossplay feature. I'd love to have the whole collection physically on PS4 but my borderland friends play it on PC. I guess i'll play them alone.
    [Deleted User]

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The live stream was a technical disaster and cringy AF, but the pay off was worth it.

I'll take that over a well coordinated show where everything works perfect and a guy walks out saying "Do you guys not have phones?"

I think they played it extra safe for Borderlands 3, considering all the cool ideas fans of the game came up with on BL2 (16 players at a time).

Definitely staying tuned!
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

3dom said:

It's funny how the clip about FPS game has only 10 seconds (out of 220) of FPS gameplay - i.e. less than 5%. Even the devs understand how third person view is much (~19x) more superior. And then they offer FPS product anyway. Hypocrisy at its best.

huh? They "understand how third person view is superior? Because ... ? They said this?

What are you on about?
    SaltyDog79
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited March 2019

Siphaed said:

Looks....like a looter shooter. When Boarderlands was lonely in the genre, it was good. It was great. Now it is coming up with a 3rd game after we already have a few MMO looter shooters (Destiny 1 & 2, Division 1 & 2, Anthem), and a few other games in it too. Outerworlds looks like it could kick Boarderlands 3's butt easily (the graphics and aesthetics look more appeasing).

You crazy. Borderlands is king and created the genre, nothing else has come close to it's type of gameplay. Shadow Warrior 2 was the only real contender but it's simply not as good and didn't have the lootz.

You're completely wrong about Outerworlds, it's not the type of game you think it is. It'll be awesome, no doubt, but it's not even the same genre.
    SaltyDog79WhiteLantern[Deleted User][Deleted User]TacticalZombehinfomatz
    Still waiting for news about how loot works in multiplayer. It needs to be personal.

It's so important.
    [Deleted User]RexKushman
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Trailer looks good.

Here's hoping they keep the spirit of the series and don't try to get too "creative". Had some really good times playing these games.
    WhiteLanternbartoni33TacticalZombeh
  • SiysrrilSiysrril Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I hope it won't have BR mode.
    bartoni33infomatz
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Haven't digested the trailer yet, but I'm glad my inferences seem to have been wrong.
    The only thing I need to know now is: can I play iy offline, by myself?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

edited March 2019
    100 Golden Keys code for Borderlands 2:

C3W33-RZ6ZJ-TFJ6C-TTJ33-RFHX5

Works on any platform
    [Deleted User]infomatz
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Epic Games Store Exclusive!!! Sorry, someone had to say it. :p

Please don't be true.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

3dom said:

Exactly what I was thinking! But have they actually stated this one will also only be FPS? From that trailer I was thinking it may not be.
    skeaser
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited March 2019

The live stream was a technical disaster and cringy AF, but the pay off was worth it.

I'll take that over a well coordinated show where everything works perfect and a guy walks out saying "Do you guys not have phones?"

I think they played it extra safe for Borderlands 3, considering all the cool ideas fans of the game came up with on BL2 (16 players at a time).

Definitely staying tuned!

Randy Pitchford - Game developer and Magician.

Now, i've seen it all...

On a more serious note. I find it interesting that they haven't mention on which platform their pc version is going to be in, perhaps the rumor of being an Epic exclusive might be true.

In such case, i better get my popcorn ready for the fireworks!

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Borderlands has never been that interesting to me... Played the first and a few sequels or dlcs and crap.
    Sabrac
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    That Brick sax solo
  • mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102
    As a psvr owner I have to say gearbox has been amazing with feedback. With one of the biggest gripes being lack of aim support. And for a device they ahd no plans for they implemented full support within a few months. alot of people were worried that they would resell dlc, so the fact its all free over summer is amazing.
  • staticmousestaticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Needless to say, but I will anyway! Can't wait!
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited March 2019

I have only heard positive things about Borderlands, but I personally could never deal with the graphics. 

wow- the graphics for this game WAS what got me to learn fps -I just had to play it= well worth it, now i can play other fps games...
    edited March 2019
    Nyctelios said:
    Pre Sequel is kinda garbage in my opinion which shows how the people who left the company after Border 2 were actually the talents behind both first and second titles.

I don't have any kind of hope for this one. I'll place my bet on "more of the same" pile.

As much I love the series and played every single one to it's fullest extent since the very first and leveled every character... I just don't see it happening without the OGs who made it what it was on it's peak.
    Pre-sequel was developed by 2K Australia, not Gearbox.

I mean, they say Gearbox 'assisted'.. but it was 2K. There's a reason most of the voice actors were Australian; Gearbox weren't even in the same country.

So, you should probably get your hopes up again.
    Sabrac