Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: 7 More Things I Didn’t Know - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageTom Clancy’s The Division 2: 7 More Things I Didn’t Know - MMORPG.com

Hey, Agents! We have something special for you over here. Red Thomas returns to Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 with more tips for players. Enhance your calm, John Spartan, and let Red make a few more suggestions on also how to enhance your in-game experience, as well.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Sweet tips! Thanks!
    infomatzRed_Thomas
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited March 2019
    Good assessment of what makes Div2 a great game- it decided to be a looter shooter, and it never takes you away from that.

The narrow scope is surprisingly deep, and the armor system has truly helped even the spongiest of enemies feel like just another puzzle to solve- usually, such enemies have weakpoints you can exploit to quickly remove bits of armor and get to the fleshy parts underneath.

Solid game is solid, and had Anthem been so laser focused and polished, it would've likely been a GotY contender.
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on
    DhampirviddsterLackingMMOPhryinfomatzWhiskeydustRed_ThomasOctagon7711

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    been busy with work but one of the last times I played I accidentally went to a higher lvl zone and got 1 shoted. It was right on the border, next to a control point so I respawned there, somehow still had agro after death, trained them to my control point where I was rekilled and they proceeded to destroy everyone there, those 2 enemies kicked our asses lol and then the control point was unclaimed which aloud me to reclaim it and im pretty sure I got some loot again, don't remember if I got exp though.

Fun game.
    Red_Thomas
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Good assessment of what makes Div2 a great game- it decided to be a looter shooter, and it never takes you away from that.

The narrow scope is surprisingly deep, and the armor system has truly helped even the spongiest of enemies feel like just another puzzle to solve- usually, such enemies have weakpoints you can exploit to quickly remove bits of arm and get to the fleshy parts underneath.

Solid game is solid, and had Anthem been so laser focused and polished, it would've likely been a GotY contender.
    The difference between Anthem and the Division 2 is like night and day, Anthem has virtually no content and some pretty damning loot issues in addition to the technical issues with the game and the Division 2 does not. Its almost as if the people making Division 2 knew what they were doing, something that when it comes to Anthem that seems to stagger from one disaster to the next, does not appear to be the case  :p
    Red_ThomasMadFrenchieOctagon7711
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Destroying deployables early for faster turn around was brought over from The Division.
    infomatzRed_Thomas
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    Grunty said:
    Destroying deployables early for faster turn around was brought over from The Division.
    Shows you how much I played the original.  =)

Actually, I'd probably done it and just didn't remember.  I think I maxed out my level, but it was really early.  I didn't stay with it long because the idea of how the Division was created and what they were doing didn't sit well with me.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    TD2 is the first looter shooter I've really spent time with - I generally don't like shooters and games built around loot generally don't interest me either.

But, TD2 is pretty awesome! The world is just beautiful, it may be post-apoc but its not dark and depressing. The combat is also pretty great. The cover system initially lulled me into a false sense of security - sit behind cover, pop some shots and win. Then, the enemies start flanking. Then, later, they start bombarding you with grenades and molotov cocktails. Then, they start using more turrets and snipers, so even when you pop your head out, someone takes it off!

I'm currently at world tier 3 and combat is now extremely fast paced with tons of movement. I'm constantly on the move because if I don't, I die! I often struggle to take control points first time now because it's actually challenging! Before level 30, every CP was pretty straight forwards.

My advice from ~40h of gameplay:

1) The game resets when you complete the story. All those control points you took? Yeh, not yours any more. So, don't wait til level 30 to take them all, take them as soon as possible and loot them once every 24 hours. This was my main source of loot whilst leveling, especially 20-30. Also, once you hit world tier 1, control points don't stay yours once you take them. the enemy regularly takes them back and most days when I log in, I don't have a single CP under my control.

2) Don't worry about the loot! Seriously, I think the longest I've held onto a piece of loot has been about 90 minutes. Everything gets replaced so quickly that there is absolutely no point in worrying about good builds until you hit the cap (i.e. world tier 4, soon to be 5 iirc). Just keep your armour and health up, then find weapons that you like. Everything else is just a temporary bonus that you likely won't even notice because your gear changes so often.

3) Skill power is pointless whilst leveling. The mods that will noticeably improve your skills require so much skill power that you won't be able to use them until endgame, so just sack them off whilst leveling and focus on other bonuses.

4) Do more multiplayer! I can't say i noticed any difference in XP or loot, but the experience of having 4 agents in a firing line with automatic weapons is brilliant! Some levels are just designed for you all to spread out in a line of cover and just drown the enemy in a hail of bullets! So much noise and chaos! Really enjoyed that aspect of it, unfortunately I didn't start doing multiplayer until I was lvl23 or so, wish I'd started earlier.

5) If you like exploring, don't ignore crafting. If you explore a lot, you'll end up with lots of crafting materials. It's worth upgrading your crafting bench and acquiring blueprints so that you can fill the occasional hole in your equipment. I've always loved my assault rifles but there have been times when I haven't seen a drop in a few levels so the ability to craft my own was good. Also, all the weapon mods really allow you to customise your weapon, well worth it.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited April 2019
    Love the exploration and the challenge of soloing content. Needs much more inventory space and storage space. Needs a deeper story.

When I enjoy a game I usually play alts through the story line but not with this one. You never really get a feel for anyone in the game, so will probably be sticking with just one character. Tons of stuff to do in the game and I'm loving it. Looking forward to working on tier 5.

You feel a lot more powerful after hitting max and putting together a decent build. I've got two exotic weapons, one I've crafted and the other I will probably wait for tier 5 and craft it then.

Good times. :) If you bought the package which contains the two level one exotics, you can keep Ruthless holstered and it gives a 5% chance to shoot an exploding round for 20% damage, from your other weapons. I still use it sometimes and I'm at t4. It will drop your gear score by about 150 points but it doesn't appear to make a difference.
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey