Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There May Yet Be Another Entry in the EverQuest Franchise According to Holly Longdale - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I don't think DBG have enough competent people to even try another EQ title. MMO or not.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    if i could pick a studio to do my EQ true sequel it wouldnt be DBG.

Paragon gets my first choice, then it gets a little thin. My next fav RPG def is SqEnix but i don't want anime EQ. Maybe Bethesda?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• lbeavisclbeavisc Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Well, a little while back they said something about a mobile EverQuest
  • LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Best IP from all games. Just get McQuaid back and merge Pantheon to EQ3

• MuddahMuddah Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Yeah a new EQ1 would rock AA's are great once max lvl to keep you busy. But FFS quit making 100 activated abilities the sheer number of button's on an EQ1 or EQ2 UI @ max level is astounding.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    A dead series in an increasingly niche genre. Yeah, no.

Also Everquest: Next. #neverforget

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KellerLokero
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

lahnmir said:

A dead series in an increasingly niche genre. Yeah, no.

Also Everquest: Next. #neverforget

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Landmark was good on its own! Made such good friends by simply visiting other peoples claims.
    Thupli
  • colera1333colera1333 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Because the world is clamoring for a mobile or "coop" Everquest experience. Do it justice or let it die with dignity.
    craftseeker
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    CJ72 said:
    How about champions of Norrath 3.I would love to see that. Barrow a little from Diablo, some from Grim Dawn, boom!! Mega Hit AAA game. ( unless they screw it up). It must be 4 player local though, love's me some couch co-op.
    Welcome to our boards! :)
  • AutobotVuAutobotVu Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Eq VR or riot 2019
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    SBFord said:
    Mendel said:
    Sorry, any references in the Variety article to any future project were covered with conditionals.  'It there were to be another EQ game' sort of statements.  This really shouldn't be interpreted as any hint or announcement to any work in progress.

Did you not catch the title? "MAY yet be another title in the EQ series"? Pretty ambiguous title for us that mirrored her vagueness. ;)
    I did.  I was trying to head off the swarm of EQ3/4/Next 2 threads based off of nothing.  Time will tell how effective that was.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ZakhyraZakhyra Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 8
    original box cover art (pic at top) by Larry Elmore
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Zakhyra said:
    original box cover art (pic at top) by Larry Elmore
    @Zakhyra That was Keith Parkinson actually who did those old EQ works. KP was the EQ guy, but he ended up dying so didn't do the later stuff.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I never had a problem with EQ art,story,lore,graphics,perhaps some displeasure with poor performance of the game but mostly i enjoyed their games.However even when i enjoy a game,i look for and EXPECT a dev team to LEARN over time and i expect to see positive changes.

What i saw over the years was a team that did NOT learn but instead looked to be making the game worse.I remember hearing some positive bragging about some new chick who was taking over a section of the  game that involved the crafting and i thought omg great ,maybe we can improve this shallow design...nope.

So then Brad breaks off and makes Vanguard.yet again nothing learned,if anything some new positives but some bad ones as well.Like i do NOT like clicking a sign/board to get a quest ok,not ever.The ideas of utilizing rares is sort of ok but not when you allow rmt to ruin the entire system,crafting,auction house etc etc.So then their entire designs through all the games was the same,pretty much boils down to a GEAR score game,yet again a design i detest.Wow does it FFXIV does it,EQ series VG all did it and then eventually FFXI also did it,all of it turned me off.

So even if by some magical miracle,let's just say they put on their best performance ever,i still do not believe we would get anything unique/creative or improved.How many games are they going to make with OOC food/drink,i bet Pantheon will have it as well,but yeah you know food and drink only work OOC lol.When ideas completely make NO SENSE,it gives me bad vibes about how a developer thinks.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I forget the terms used because haven't played any EQ game or VG for years but the gear that gets bound to a player was ABUSED,the system ABUSED,yet the team never acted on it even once.

Players groups would get drops then sit on them and spam chat with taking offers on the drops.Thyose drops were NOT meant to be sold or traded yet they got around the system and nothing done about it.Was it possibly damage control,just let everything fly because they were hurting for money,idk maybe but even if that was the case it is another negative.

Then since DBG took over...lol ,is there anyone on the forums or outside the forums that has good vibes about the EQ series anymore?If you can't tell,i truly wish it could all turn around but imo it won't ever again,the franchise is done unless a SERIOUS developer buys it from DBG and NOBODY named Smedley involved.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.