Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grim Dawn Updated with the Forgotten Gods Expansion - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGrim Dawn Updated with the Forgotten Gods Expansion - MMORPG.com

Grim Dawn fans looking for new adventures will want to check out today's release of the Forgotten Gods expansion. Players will find tons of new content including the Shattered Realm, a new class mastery called Oathkeeper, a "massive story chapter", new locations to explore, and much more. The expansion requires the base game and will set you back $16.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    I'll play the expansion soon, it looks like great value for 16$. The slower pace of Grim Dawn and Diablo II is more enjoyable than current PoE's clear speed, which has gone a bit out of control in my opinion. It's more fun spending some time killing mobs and have builds using several abilities.

In PoE a build is slow if you have to click more than once to kill the entire screen these days, pretty much :]
    mussoliniEvilGeekHarikenseshsesPalebanefrA6meCazriel3domNarmormikeb0817and 1 other.
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Today is a good day.
    NarmorTacticalZombeh

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Best ARPG on the market!

If you love Diablo 2 and Titans Quest...this game is amazing, like seriously the best.
    seshsesPalebaneHarikennecrolockHatefulljarsku85Narmorsnoockymikeb0817TacticalZombeh
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Would buying the dlc before I start at all a good thing?
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Game is good, but the quality is just missing. The hassle to play with others to the sheer game play ascetics. I need a game like like diablo 2 but with path of exile's customization and diablo 3's active combat.

MurderHerd

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Still a boring game to me.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I cant play it anymore without Grimarillion, once that gets updated I am in
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited March 2019

Yes, getting everything is worthwhile. You have more classes to choose from and there's a number of features you'll want that only come with the expansions. The main one being the appearance wardrobe feature.
    Cazriel
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited March 2019

Yes, getting everything is worthwhile. You have more classes to choose from and there's a number of features you'll want that only come with the expansions. The main one being the appearance wardrobe feature.
    Also Forgotten Gods requires Ashes of Malmouth anyway.
  • JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100

Syphin_B said:

Best ARPG on the market!

If you love Diablo 2 and Titans Quest...this game is amazing, like seriously the best.

Awesome for sure, but Titan Quest is the king of these types of games!
    SBFord
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

jarsku85 said:

Also Forgotten Gods requires Ashes of Malmouth anyway.

I assume ScottJeslis wanted to know if they should just buy the base game first and get the expansions when they have finished it. Which is fine and probably a good option since it's 75% off right now. I'd rather have it all though cos it's just that good.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Foncl said:

I'll play the expansion soon, it looks like great value for 16$. The slower pace of Grim Dawn and Diablo II is more enjoyable than current PoE's clear speed, which has gone a bit out of control in my opinion. It's more fun spending some time killing mobs and have builds using several abilities.

In PoE a build is slow if you have to click more than once to kill the entire screen these days, pretty much :]

I have to agree with that completely. These are the reasons why I stopped playing PoE and bought GD 2 weeks ago. Sure it's satisfying to kill whole screen with 1 button but it get's old very fast and I ended up not liking end game maps in PoE.
    I still haven't finished main campaign in GD so I'll wait a little before I buy the expansion.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its games like these that make you believe there's still hope in the industry.
    Raagnarz