Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Anthem Update Allows Legendary Mission Replays, Elysian Caches & More - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLatest Anthem Update Allows Legendary Mission Replays, Elysian Caches & More - MMORPG.com

As part of BioWare's commitment to "continually update and add to the shared-world action shooter" in Anthem, a new patch has been deployed that brings a number of much-requested action items into the game. This includes the ability for players to re-experience Legendary Missions on a much higher difficulty level and the addition of new Elysian Caches that will show up at the end of Strongholds.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited March 2019
    Oddly enough after playing the latest patch I'm getting less loot than before. Stronghold bosses no longer drop a guaranteed Masterwork and other players can now pick up loot for you. That might not seem bad, but I actively tried to avoid picking up non-MW/Legendary items to save time salvaging at the end of missions. Also, even less reason to stay and kill the bosses now; more and more people are leaving at the second chest (an ongoing problem since launch).

Some of the changes are nice but it still seems like they just can't "get it right" when it comes to loot. They try to "fix" one thing but end up breaking 3-4 others.
    SBFordGdemamigunklacker3dom
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Arterius said:
    Thats cool. I will keep an eye on the game. I left a few weeks back and I don't think its ready for me to go back yet
    When you see a post saying "Loot is officially fixed" is when i would return
    [Deleted User]EponyxDamor
    Arterius said:
    Oddly enough after playing the latest patch I'm getting less loot than before. Stronghold bosses no longer drop a guaranteed Masterwork and other players can now pick up loot for you. That might not seem bad, but I actively tried to avoid picking up non-MW/Legendary items to save time salvaging at the end of missions. Also, even less reason to stay and kill the bosses now; more and more people are leaving at the second chest (an ongoing problem since launch).

Some of the changes are nice but it still seems like they just can't "get it right" when it comes to loot. They try to "fix" one thing but end up breaking 3-4 others.
    Sadly they won't fix loot for a while. I agree with people who say that they don't want to fix loot %100 but its the only thing they have for end game right now. IF they fixed the loot %100 you would get what you wanted and stop playing within a few weeks. Division 2 kind of proves this point. I played Division 2 and loot drops like crazy. Good loot too. Anthem is more than capable of doing it. They just choose to modify it little by little so people will stick around. I assume loot will be fixed in May when the Cataclysm starts
    There is a very big difference between asking for god-roll gear all the time and just requesting that the game respect the time that players put into it. Putting hours upon hours into Anthem's endgame loot-loop and coming out entirely empty handed (or getting less loot than I was before) makes me want to spend less time on the game -- plain and simple.
    GdemamigunklackerDhampir
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    A step in the right direction but still not good enough.

The Elysian strongboxes for one are inexcusably stingy and bloated with crafting materials. There was no excuse for launching them without an armor set.
    EponyxDamor
    edited March 2019
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

The Elysian strongboxes for one are inexcusably stingy and bloated with crafting materials. There was no excuse for launching them without an armor set.
    This worries me because when people asked for armor sets they didn't have to pay for they told people to wait for Elysian Strongboxes to drop.

Elysian caches are confirmed to NOT contain cosmetic armor sets. Just putting that out there. So far, all I've gotten are crafting materials.

(EDIT: Changed link to go directly to Twitter comment by Ben Irving.)
    gunklacker[Deleted User]
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    in a quote from Officer Barbady 
    • "Okay move along, move along people, there's nothing to see here!"
    EponyxDamor[Deleted User]
    edited March 2019
    Aeander said:

Piggy-backing off of this, 90 of the 162 cache drops are resource bundles, 54 are decals, 9 are material textures, 3 arrival animations, 2 victory poses, 2 emotes, 1 wrap, and 1 graphic.

Right now, you can open one cache per day, and get an additional cache for each team mate who has a key; however, that may or may not be a bug related to team mates picking up loot for you.
    3dom
    Aeander said:

Piggy-backing off of this, 90 of the 162 cache drops are resource bundles, 54 are decals, 9 are material textures, 3 arrival animations, 2 victory poses, 2 emotes, 1 wrap, and 1 graphic.

Right now, you can open one cache per day, and get an additional cache for each team mate who has a key; however, that may or may not be a bug related to team mates picking up loot for you.
    What is a wrap?
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 484

Arterius said:

Aeander said:

This worries me because when people asked for armor sets they didn't have to pay for they told people to wait for Elysian Strongboxes to drop.

WTF are you talking about? All the armors can be bought with gold. Everything you do in game rewards gold. How stupid do you have to be to think the only way to get armor is with real money?
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')

Arterius said:

Aeander said:

WTF are you talking about? All the armors can be bought with gold. Everything you do in game rewards gold. How stupid do you have to be to think the only way to get armor is with real money?
    I think there is a valid point to be made for both sides here.

At the current prices (note, we don't know the price points for the currently non-existent masterwork or legendary armors), everything can be reasonably obtained through endgame grind.

However, the complete lack of any cosmetic armor pieces that drop from enemies or direct mission rewards is both uninteresting and unimmersive. The way that gear is obtained matters. Currently, there is no excitement in obtaining a new armor, because it is simply something that you work up currency to obtain through transaction. But having even one set in a elysian strongbox would have allowed for exciting, unpredictable drops that could have made for a long term hook. 

And this is especially important for a player like me, who values cosmetics over power.
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 484
    edited March 2019
    Aeander said:
    I think there is a valid point to be made for both sides here.

At the current prices (note, we don't know the price points for the currently non-existent masterwork or legendary armors), everything can be reasonably obtained through endgame grind.

However, the complete lack of any cosmetic armor pieces that drop from enemies or direct mission rewards is both uninteresting and unimmersive. The way that gear is obtained matters. Currently, there is no excitement in obtaining a new armor, because it is simply something that you work up currency to obtain through transaction. But having even one set in a elysian strongbox would have allowed for exciting, unpredictable drops that could have made for a long term hook. 

And this is especially important for a player like me, who values cosmetics over power.
    The RNG aspects in this game is bad enough, don't need more RNG. I rather they increase the amount of gold rewarded and have all armor sets available to be purchased whenever I wish. 

Aeander said:
    exciting, unpredictable drops that could have made for a long term hook.

In 2005, world of warcraft, I grinded Scholomance 100 times for Lightforge Helm, never dropped once in 100 runs. 

Not exciting, no thanks. 
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • axulthrullaxulthrull Member UncommonPosts: 42

Aeander said:

Armor was included first and then it was removed.

Aeander said:

Armor was included first and then it was removed.
    Oh, I know. It's patently obvious that this occurred from their own PR statements. That makes it worse, if anything.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    I think we will see things like this in future. The fact is the game is bare bones atm. The end game is non-existent etc. I'm playing Warframe and celebrating their 6th anniversary rather than beating my head against the wall in Anthem.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    wait it all these elysians strongbox is RL money pay box, you have a chance for gear?

you guys are idiots, you complain the game is crap, with crap loot, but permit such game sell such thing and even worse some spend money on it?

later you guys cry a damn river the devs make crap games, they don't need to make good games if fools toss then money for crap.

looks like players are all childrens incapable of being reponsable for they choices, and like to play the victim card, that explain why gamming is like these today
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    wait it all these elysians strongbox is RL money pay box, you have a chance for gear?

you guys are idiots, you complain the game is crap, with crap loot, but permit such game sell such thing and even worse some spend money on it?

later you guys cry a damn river the devs make crap games, they don't need to make good games if fools toss then money for crap.

looks like players are all childrens incapable of being reponsable for they choices, and like to play the victim card, that explain why gamming is like these today
    Elysian Strongboxes are NOT paid lootboxes. They are strictly obtained for free at the end of strongholds and opened for your entire party using keys gained for free through daily missions.

(Also, if these were paid lootboxes, you bet your ass that they would contain cosmetic armor sets.)
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    womp womp

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2019
    I think the funniest thing about EA in general is that firestorm battle royale mode came out for BFV a couple of days ago yet crickets, plus its buggy and poorly designed. I'm so happy that "Great games will continue to be at the core of everything we do, and we are thinking differently about how to amaze and inspire our players." Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/news/electronic-arts-is-laying-off-350-staff-members-1000051948#gWyzFSqwlRjfbIi6.99
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Way too little and horrendously too late. I'm afraid nothing is going to "fix" this mess, it's flawed at its core.

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

So, I logged in, did my dailies, opened an elyssian strongbox.

Queue a disconnect at the rewards screen (yes, they STILL haven't fixed those). Searched my forge for any of the rewards. Didn't see anything from the stronghold run - not even the two masterworks I'd earned. The update broke the News/Mail board, so there is no missing reward notification.

Incredibly frustrated in general. I didn't expect a miracle patch, but something as basic as their frequent, random post-mission disconnects should have been fixed within the first week. It's unacceptable and unprofessional 1 month in.
    Gdemami