Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Larian Studios Announces Tactical RPG Divinity: Fallen Heroes with New Trailer - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLarian Studios Announces Tactical RPG Divinity: Fallen Heroes with New Trailer - MMORPG.com News

Larian Studios has announced a new tactical RPG called Divinity: Fallen Heroes that is set in the same overall world as Divinity: Original Sin 2. D:FH can be played solo or cooperatively and will be released for multiple platforms later in 2019. "Fallen Heroes marries rich tactical gameplay with RPG choices and consequences, and introduces a wealth of new features and mechanics to the D:OS2 engine".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Why do I get an uneasy "mobile" feel from this trailer and the fact that the official site points me at a Facebook page for it? :/
    [Deleted User]WaanPanther2103[Deleted User]ElvocScottJeslisThaharArskaaagastovski1Thupliand 3 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    This has me excited! I love tactical rpgs, and I've had fun with the original Divinity games.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Can't watch the trailer while at work. By "tactical RPG" is this something akin to the Fire Emblem series? If so, then yes please!

Also, real time or turn-based? Turn-based is my preference for strategy games.
  • druezdruez Member UncommonPosts: 120
    As long as it isn't mobile, I'm all in. This sounds awesome.
    SBFord
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Turn based strategy RPG's actually adapt extremely well to mobile, so that in itself isn't a concern. It comes down to business model, and Larian have thus far shown themselves to be trustworthy. Thus far.
    [Deleted User]Thupliwingoodkikoodutroa8
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    hoping for a ogre battle: lets cling it together is too much....
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

hoping for a ogre battle: lets cling it together is too much....

Probably...

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    The FB page announcement says:

It will be released on multiple platforms later in the year. 

[Deleted User]
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited March 2019
    Forgrimm said:

Absolutely, as noted in the article here as well. Mobile will be one of the platforms, I'm sure. I  believe that games developed with mobile in mind aren't the quality I'd like most times. We'll see, I guess.

[Deleted User]gastovski1caganinfomatzTacticalZombeh

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     That looks nice so far , look forward to more info and vids , I really like Tactical RP games and with Larian experience and IP i think they can deliver a good one ..
    Thupli
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

SBFord said:

Why do I get an uneasy "mobile" feel from this trailer and the fact that the official site points me at a Facebook page for it? :/

I think an alpha build of it was shown at GDC from what i read about the reviews it plays like D:OS2. No mention of mobile dumbing down.

That said im super excited for this had alot of fun with D:OS2.
  • LiljnaLiljna Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Logic Artist is the team behind Expeditions: Conquistador and Expedition: Viking. Both games have been well received. They are also turn-based strategic games, where the choices you make have an effect on the game you play.
    Personally I'm looking forward to what could come from this. I think it's a very interesting idea.
    [Deleted User]Thupli
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I want them to remake the original Divinity.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited March 2019

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

The folks over at Game Informer seem to have a bit more info than you do, Suzie. Not much, but some blanks filled in.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It looks just like their other Divinity games.. not sure where this mobile thing is even coming from.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    They are an automatic buy.

Let's hope for the best about the mobile part not infecting the type of game this is nor how it is played.... one can hope can't they.
    Chamber of Chains
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    I enjoyed the other RTS (Divinity: Dragon Commander) so I'll put this one on my list to check out unless it ends up with some sort of mobile deal.
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99

SBFord said:

Forgrimm said:

Absolutely, as noted in the article here as well. Mobile will be one of the platforms, I'm sure. I  believe that games developed with mobile in mind aren't the quality I'd like most times. We'll see, I guess.

sames goes for ESO mess. they have designed for consoles in mind and it showed how combat and animations shallow as it is.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    edited March 2019

SBFord said:

Forgrimm said:

I thought the Android version of Shadowrun: Dragonfall was done well for tablets. This War of Mine and SteamWorld Heist play well on my phone, too, but I understand people's hesitation when anything is announced for "mobile". Compromises have to be made and it doesn't always end well, not to mention the whole micro-transaction hot garbage. At least we'll have Diablo Immortal, right.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited March 2019
    It should be "*Mobile game* will be released for multiple platforms later in 2019"

Thank you for your time!

• TisfimTisfim Member UncommonPosts: 9
    edited March 2019
    Divinity: Fallen Heroes does not have a release date yet. Right now, it’s set to come to PC, but Larian said it isn’t closing the door for a release on consoles. The game will be playable at PAX East this weekend, so stay tuned for impressions coming soon.

It is being developed the same as D:OS2 was, and will be as far from a mobile game as possible. The game will be a bit different, with not having parties and instead 1 hero and some soldiers(which makes me curious how coop works) but it is first and foremost a PC game. Not sure if Suzie has had the pleasure of playing the first 2 Original Sins games( i recommend them, especially the second one - one of the best rpgs I have played in years)