Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So when is the soft launch, and is this playable right now?

stickman1979stickman1979 Member UncommonPosts: 59
I have been keeping a real close eye on this. 
If I buy the 2016 Bronze Bundle, I will be able to play right away, correct?

What can I expect? Is the game fun right now? Should I wait for the soft launch? Any news on when that is coming?

Comments

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    edited May 2016
    I have been keeping a real close eye on this. 
    If I buy the 2016 Bronze Bundle, I will be able to play right away, correct?

What can I expect? Is the game fun right now? Should I wait for the soft launch? Any news on when that is coming?
    The game is in Pre-Alpha so there are tons of features that need to get added, new archetypes, powers, optimization on client and server, etc. We can expect it to be laggy (very low frame rate on most machines) until they focus on client optimization. What the backers are testing currently is combat, character advancement (skills), physics, wall destruction, siege weapons. It's not yet a MMO: the "matches" usually support 50-90 testers.

Here's the playtest schedule (new sessions are usually added to it regularly): http://crowfall.com/en/playtest-schedule/

If you buy the Bronze bundle now, you should in theory be able to get invited in the next test, but they're inviting people manually and by batch so you may need to contact ACE directly to get the invite in time: [email protected]

I suggest to take a look at gameplay videos to see if it's something that you could find interesting to test:

They've talked about reducing the frequency of the tests soon though so there may be weeks without any testing.
    JamesGoblin
  • stickman1979stickman1979 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Thanks. Just bought it. Sent them an email, hopefully I'll be in on time. See you in game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    This is a 2+ year old necro thread and its amazing how the status of the game is still pretty much the same, always making tons of changes with another 2 years to go.

Weird.

JamesGoblinConstantineMerusAlexander.BNordicApache

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Kyleran said:
    This is a 2+ year old necro thread and its amazing how the status of the game is still pretty much the same, always making tons of changes with another 2 years to go.

Weird.

I thought they were having a soft launch soon?  I think I was told September, but it could have been Oct/Nov.  Definitely this year.  Was I given bad information?
    NordicApache
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    blamo2000 said:
    Kyleran said:

Weird.

I thought they were having a soft launch soon?  I think I was told September, but it could have been Oct/Nov.  Definitely this year.  Was I given bad information?
    Soft launch is pushed to 2019 couple months ago; BTW the image Torval gave is three years old and inaccurate in many ways. Say, they stopped selling these years ago, even if you wanted to spend money on something as "important" as instanced housing.
     W...aaagh?
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Kyleran said:

Weird.

don't you hate it when someone uses the search option, as opposed to making a new topic? :)
    Quizzical
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Ah, so you knew it's dated and still linked it as a response to "...they are not selling...", without any explanation or even a basic check - speaking of which, anyone can go to Crowfall store and see what they are actually selling; feel free to compare it to any other MMO.
     W...aaagh?
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

Weird.

don't you hate it when someone uses the search option, as opposed to making a new topic? :)
    As usual you are spouting clueless nonsense.
    The thread was bumped by a bot to provide a dubious link.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Torval said:
    blamo2000 said:
    Kyleran said:

Weird.

Soft launch is pushed to 2019 couple months ago; BTW the image Torval gave is three years old and inaccurate in many ways. Say, they stopped selling these years ago, even if you wanted to spend money on something as "important" as instanced housing.
    It's not inaccurate. It's outdated. That's two different things. That poster implied this game didn't sell big packages like every other crowd funded indie mmo. I just posted a chart of it's previous funding tiers. There is also a google doc spreadsheet showing what each tier covered, when it started, ended, etc. It's easy to find if someone googles crowfall pledge tiers.

I think @Kyleran 's observation is the damning statement. Mine just brought up all that transparency people go on about. I'm just keepin it real as the harbingers like to say.
    Well, it is inaccurate BECAUSE its outdated, not the same but definitely connected. Still, the info is wrong  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lhnmir
    JamesGoblin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

Weird.

As usual you are spouting clueless nonsense.
    The thread was bumped by a bot to provide a dubious link.
    It's called a joke.. pull the stick out of your ass and chill the fuck out.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Nasir07Nasir07 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Yes it is very playable. If you enjoyed ShadowBane SWG , or even Darkfall, this game is what you want. Will it be niche.. probably... will it get hate from here... just like all the others sure. 
    JamesGoblin
  • SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Nasir07 said:
    Yes it is very playable. If you enjoyed ShadowBane SWG , or even Darkfall, this game is what you want. Will it be niche.. probably... will it get hate from here... just like all the others sure. 
    Bullshit, I loved Shadowbane and this game is pure crap and nothing but a money grab.  I requested mine back from paypal and talked to them on the phone, the rep told they have had lots of the same requests.
    Whiskeydust
  • Blazzen_LoDBlazzen_LoD Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Beta coming around March. Launch could be as soon as a few months after that. Should be in 2020 though.