Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMORPG has the best end game for you?

ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
Curious.  Which MMORPG, present or past, has/had the most enjoyable end game for you personally?  Whether it be PVE/PVP/Mix, Raiding, 5 man content, or solo play.  Everyone has a different preference.  So curious what everyone's favorite is, or has been in the case of a shuttered game.
Phaserlight

Comments

• MorfarothMorfaroth Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I would have to say still to this day, DAOC is in the top 3.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    EQ, raiding. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited March 2019
    Probably GW2.

The achievement hunting kept me going and points you towards all the content you probably missed while levelling... and there is a hell of a lot of it. As much as I've played it (around 2000+ hrs), I still haven't done everything and been everywhere. I've hardly ever done any WvW either so that's a whole endgame I haven't even explored properly yet.

That's proper endgame to me.. so much content that it seems endless. Repeating dungeons or raids for loot gets old with me real fast.
    Octagon7711
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    aion had when the game as around the cap of lvl 55

rfonline when it was P2P and cap was 50

hmm now I think about, both games was good till F2p hit, wonder why.....
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    My favorite game to this day for "endgame content" has to be DAOC.  Every day I logged in was something new and different.  I hope to got CU ends up feeling as good as DAOC did.  
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    The game with no end game is my preferred. 
    Sovrath
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Vanilla WOW in general, but EQ and EQ2 for raiding.
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    EQ1 for MMO, Path of Exile for ARPG.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2019
    FFXI, simply because the 'end-game' was a building of things while also being whatever the person wanted it to be to a degree. So you could focus on stuff like maybe sky/sea which had more 'controlled' things to do and could easily be planned out for future group events, or HNMs which were usually on a 21-24hr real life timer but had 'better rewards' associated with them (yeah yeah, we all know they were botted). You could also do things like dynamis/limbus/etc.

The main thing about 'gearing' in FFXI was that a lot of things weren't focused into one type of content like with wow raids, so you weren't has visually nauseous. Also things were locked out based on the individual and not so much on a server scale (exceptions being things that reset on JP midnight which was usually 7-8am pst). Also things weren't 'replaced' so the more stuff you could do the better until you just didn't want to do it anymore. It wasnt like sea was better than sky when it came out and it wasn't like the newer dynamis areas were better than the old ones when they got introduces in CoP. These things were additions to the existing things people were already doing, which I think is the core problems with many mmorpgs after wow.

The only ones that haven't made previous content obsolete in my opinion over recent years have been ESO/GW2/Archeage, but each of those have other problems that some people might find keeping them away from them. FFXIV didn't do a degree through the old relic system, but the relic was just another vanity item in the end (which turns out to be most content in the game in the end).

It would be nice if more games had expansions actually expanding all of the game, like FFXI's expansions would usually add new low level zones for people to level up in along side high level stuff. Relevant, expanding worlds always keep people engaged for longer. Its kind of sad Rift ended up in the state that it did because it had a lot of things that were nice about it, like manually scaling down or up as well as more flexibility with classes. In the end, laziness and greed killed it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    SWG, once you reached max level there was still a lot to do and all kinds of player stuff going on.  Now would be GW2 and ESO, ESO they just keep expanding.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Which is why I enjoyed EVE, it either had no end game or was all endgame, never quite sure which, but I spent 10 yrs there.
    PhaserlightKilrainCryomatrixSovrathTEKK3N

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    edited March 2019
    Vendetta Online, what I'm currently playing.  I don't think it really has an end game, but there are still things I haven't done after 15 years.  "All endgame" is a great description.
    Kilrain

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Lineage 2 until A Grade, or fine .. S = PvE & PvP

Aion until 3.0 ( until F2P that is ) = PvE & PvP

WoW Legion = One of the best PvE (Expansion!)

Offtopic : 

Kyleran said:
    Which is why I enjoyed EVE, it either had no end game or was all endgame, never quite sure which, but I spent 10 yrs there.

I agree with you! I still come back here and there to play Eve , but .. why did you quit after 10 years?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    The end game raids in EQ1 were pretty fun...They just took a long, long time.
    edited March 2019
    BobVa said:
    Lineage 2 until A Grade, or fine .. S = PvE & PvP

Aion until 3.0 ( until F2P that is ) = PvE & PvP

WoW Legion = One of the best PvE (Expansion!)

Offtopic : 

Kyleran said:

I agree with you! I still come back here and there to play Eve , but .. why did you quit after 10 years?

Petulance, principal, a bit of butthurt I suppose.   CCPs off grid boosting changes a few years back negatively impacted my mining efforts which I had been enjoying for several years.

Biggest sticking point was I felt the changes made it not practical to fly a Rorquel, which I was willing to adapt to however I asked CCP for a refund of the skill points I trained up specifically to fly it on two pilots but they have twice declined.

I may one day return,  depends if they introduce new content of interest,  nothing of late has really done so.

Post edited by Kyleran on

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    BDO for me currently, i just never get tired of sailing, travelling the world in my shiny new Forest Path Wagon the life of a trader is rather pleasant, it certainly helps that the game world is not 'zoned' instances, and has some of the best in game scenery that is comparable to the level of detail you get often only get with single player games :)
    Sovrath
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Everquest. Nothing to this day has even become close to comparing.
    There are a few other mmos that I like/liked for specific things, and that I found reasonably fun; just nothing to reach the same overall level as eq.
    Honorable mentions, WoW for its simplicity and smoothness .. kill time without effort or consequence, GW2 for its beauty, Neverwinter for the only action combat with roles (that works), Warframe because SPACE NINJA and depth (hidden), Eq2 for the crafting system (as it once was).
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    GW1 for having the "whole game = endgame" formular. (+PvP)

All PvP/Sandbox games where the endgame is done by players.

While I really like PvE it gets pretty boring after running the same few dungeons a dozen times, which is sadly the common thing in most games out there.
    That's what I like about ESO. Even the first dungeons are worth it, if you need that set item.

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• killswitch.tvkillswitch.tv Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    There is a game I've played the past 18 years. It was my first MMO, even if massive for it is 50-100 people. Its called Xenimus (www.xenimus.com V1.2 not 2.0 its beta and not as fun) and the reason I've played it on and off for so long is because even once you hit the level cap you can always become better (changing your stats around to see what fits in best for PVP or PVE). The dev continually adds new content and does balancing based on community feedback, and it has such a unique feel to it.

All that said It is very challenging (a bit grindy but if you like Diablo style games its basically an MMO Diablo with slightly improved Runescape graphics) but very fun to play and that age bracket is prime for the playerbase.
    Kyleran
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited April 2019
    My local ragnarok 1 . When the end game happen , the publisher give out lots of gift for us loyal player to move to another game under them . I think that's best end game a game can have when a game end .

Normally they just close down .
    There is a game I've played the past 18 years. It was my first MMO, even if massive for it is 50-100 people. Its called Xenimus (www.xenimus.com V1.2 not 2.0 its beta and not as fun) and the reason I've played it on and off for so long is because even once you hit the level cap you can always become better (changing your stats around to see what fits in best for PVP or PVE). The dev continually adds new content and does balancing based on community feedback, and it has such a unique feel to it.

All that said It is very challenging (a bit grindy but if you like Diablo style games its basically an MMO Diablo with slightly improved Runescape graphics) but very fun to play and that age bracket isprime for the playerbase.
    I would have sworn this was an April fools joke being I had never heard of it.

After researching it some, I'm still not convinced it isn't. 

The Fandom "Uncyclopedia" on the game further drove my conviction home, but it's a filthy sort of site I can't recommend anyone visit.

I suspect the game is much the same. 

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    EQ, because you had the raiding and gear farming as well as the Alternate Advancement farming, and the group content was really good with tons of contested/open world stuff in the zones.  Other games feel really, really small compared to that; and they don't feel like they give you nearly as much to do - especially in the realm of connecting and socializing with other players.

But I couldn't play it these days.  Cause I don't see a material benefit in sinking that much time into a game.  Prefer a bit more of real life :-P