Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players Can Unlock a Free Guild Wars 2 Episode This Week - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlayers Can Unlock a Free Guild Wars 2 Episode This Week - MMORPG.com

As part of the "Welcome Back to Guild Wars 2" campaign over the coming weeks, players will be able to check out a variety of live streams and unlock in-game content. This week, for instance, players can unlock the Daybreak episode. All that is required is to log into the game, head to the Gem Store and unlock the episode for free. This promotion will last through April 1st.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I loved the Living Story 4, it was full of GW1 nostalgia.
    AeanderSBFord

• Clutch586Clutch586 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Wow! Thanks for the info. I just recently came back to the game and bought the expansions. Now my wife wants to play.....so because of you I got them for half price.
    SBFordwingood

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    They are trying hard to get old players back.
  • DarkfyraDarkfyra Member UncommonPosts: 21
    but..I will never get Path of Fire because no one thought putting canadian price was a good idea so I don't know how it really cost..and also I want to know for Path of Fire,is there a way to get it without buying base again because they are packaged together or if I already have and buy Path of Fire anyway,will I be able to install even with a base already there,I don't really know how to get it.
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 542
    I've been following the guild wars story since guild wars 1. Living story 3, Path of fire, to living story 4, is some of the best story telling they have ever done in my opinion.

I still wish they would give us living story 1, as its kinda confusing to play and see the current characters and not know or experience what led you to know them in the first place.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I used to log in everyday to kill the dragons and get my reward boxes... got old after a month or so, since there was nothing more to do.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    They're trying so hard to bring people back without giving them even a single reason to actually remain.
  • ciupagaciupaga Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    Anyone knows why their 50% off code doesn't work??
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Must own the paid expansion first.

Little missing disclaimer on this news article.
    Can someone tell me how to get Path of Fire in Canada in a way that does not force buying a base game again?
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Shame I just uninstalled it.
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    How? I don't see it in the Gem store.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Hariken said:
    They are trying hard to get old players back.
    with is funny if anyone would come back because of the story they had to open all story since they stoped, too bad I will still not even bother to look
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited March 2019

Darkfyra said:

Can someone tell me how to get Path of Fire in Canada in a way that does not force buying a base game again?

The core game's been free since the launch of the first expansion, Heart of Thorns. The store doesn't charge you extra for the core game. There are two separate and independent expansions, HoT and PoF. You can buy both as a bundle at a discount price (you get an offer before checkout) or just buy PoF alone and play the core game + the second expansion without touching HoT.

Note that both epxansions have their own unique styles in world map design, story telling, Masteries, Elite Specializations for all classes, raid content, etc. PoF story and world progression revolves around using different mount mechanics while HoT is an expansion that focuses on group challenges and tricky exploration and it shows as soons as you enter its first map. In a lot of ways (combat mechanics, new class builds, loot systems, world events, map design) both expansions are very different from the core game too. Their basic selling points are Elite Specializations (both expansions have their own class options), glider (HoT), mounts (PoF), world maps, stories.
    I have a physical from EB Games base and Heart of Thorns...and when I tried to get Path of Fire,they claimed I could not get POF without base even thought they freaking do have POF but refused to sell it.
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Ppiper said:

rertez said:

Darkfyra said:

The core game's been free since the launch of the first expansion, Heart of Thorns. The store doesn't charge you extra for the core game. There are two separate and independent expansions, HoT and PoF. You can buy both as a bundle at a discount price (you get an offer before checkout) or just buy PoF alone and play the core game + the second expansion without touching HoT.

Note that both epxansions have their own unique styles in world map design, story telling, Masteries, Elite Specializations for all classes, raid content, etc. PoF story and world progression revolves around using different mount mechanics while HoT is an expansion that focuses on group challenges and tricky exploration and it shows as soons as you enter its first map. In a lot of ways (combat mechanics, new class builds, loot systems, world events, map design) both expansions are very different from the core game too. Their basic selling points are Elite Specializations (both expansions have their own class options), glider (HoT), mounts (PoF), world maps, stories.

Is HOT worth playing? I have Path of FIre and a level 80.

HoT is really a unique take on world events, exploration and story telling besides some really good and viable Elite Specializations and the account wide Glider Mastery that can be used basically everywhere in the game. There are still a lot of players playing on HoT maps so you shouldn't worry about map population if you need folks to do meta events with. Note that HoT comes with a lvl80 boost too.

Here's the official HoT site where you can buy the expansion separately and use the key to unlock HoT on your account.

There is no canadian price for Path of Fire only the US one