Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile Launches on PlayStation 4

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile Launches on PlayStation 4

Launch day has finally arrived for Path of Exile on PlayStation 4. It's been a long time coming, but today's a big day with the launch of Grinding Gear Games' critically acclaimed ARPG. The best part? It's free to download and play and it includes all of the content that has been released, including the Synthesis expansion that launched for PC earlier this month.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Wow! Very happy for Grinding Gears!!
    mike32927TacticalZombeh
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 802
    Not seeing it on the store yet.
    jimmywolf
    I like to complain about games.
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    edited March 2019
    For a person who has never played PoE...could you tell me what the PvP is like? Details? Drop Loot? Penalty for death? Open World? Instanced? What ya got? Thanks!
  • ZiebaaZiebaa Member UncommonPosts: 19

Cuppett5 said:

For a person who has never played PoE...could you tell me what the PvP is like? Details? Drop Loot? Penalty for death? Open World? Instanced? What ya got? Thanks!

The pvp is instance based arena with 'best-of' rulings
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    how trading works? console users get AH?
  • DarkfyraDarkfyra Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Is it as confusing and unintuitive as ever or is it better with a controller
  • BitSaneBitSane Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Too bad you can't transfer the (overpriced) mtx you already bought on PC, makes it a hard pass for me. Don't understand why they can't give that service to their fans, even with sony being incredible "strict". DE managed to do it with warframe somehow, guess GGG won't stretch that far for their fans (which I guess was evident by their overpriced cosmetics, and lack of actual unlockable cosmetics through gameplay/progression).
    Arskaaa
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I play on PC only. I played a bit on xbox once and the game play is feasible on the xbox and plays well and intuitively.

The problem is that working with your inventory and trading is so goddamn slow (if you've played on PC) that it is beyond frustrating.

But if you haven't played on PC and you don't know how slow it is, you may get used to it.

Also, the PvP is non-existent at least in hardcore mode (you can't die in it) but no one really does it as there is no real incentive to doing it. They haven't figured out how to appropriately make the mechanics work in PvE vs PvP. So basically, you will likely die in less than a second or my shitty builds do.

Trading on the xbox console was just slow and tedious as you have to manually type in what you want with a controller vs just typing it in on a keyboard, so it is slow and you have to move the cursor to look at each item, you can't just scan through it quickly. I'm sure you can get used to it, but as a PC player, it is a no-go.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • MythlaMythla Member UncommonPosts: 25

BitSane said:

Too bad you can't transfer the (overpriced) mtx you already bought on PC, makes it a hard pass for me. Don't understand why they can't give that service to their fans, even with sony being incredible "strict". DE managed to do it with warframe somehow, guess GGG won't stretch that far for their fans (which I guess was evident by their overpriced cosmetics, and lack of actual unlockable cosmetics through gameplay/progression).

You are the first person I have ever heard conplain6a out PoE's MTX. Their system is the paragon of fair microtransactions, and what all games should aspire to.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Looting is my biggest problem right now, very annoying to do.

Flask consumption will be a lot less, trading as mentioned is weird.

Other than that, seems to be running really well, short loading screens.
    mike32927
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265

OhhPaigey said:

Looting is my biggest problem right now, very annoying to do.

Flask consumption will be a lot less, trading as mentioned is weird.

Other than that, seems to be running really well, short loading screens.

You can flick the right stick around to cycle through loot. Also, Console has loot filters, Use the Regular one for leveling.
    mike32927

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU