Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Elder Scrolls: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for Free TODAY ONLY (March 25th) - MMORPG.com

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    ChildoftheShadowsSovrathSBFordOzmodanCoolmer[Deleted User]wingood
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Already had the launcher because not scared. And Legends. Logged straight in, entered key no problem, downloaded straight away. 

Good luck Steamers
    SBFordTacticalZombeh
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193

frostymug said:

Already had the launcher because not scared. And Legends. Logged straight in, entered key no problem, downloaded straight away. 

Good luck Steamers

went to https://bethesda.net/en/game/bethesda-launcher downloaded the launcher and was able to log in. BUT now it's saying the TES25TH-MORROWIND code is invalid :(
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645

went to https://bethesda.net/en/game/bethesda-launcher downloaded the launcher and was able to log in. BUT now it's saying the TES25TH-MORROWIND code is invalid :(
    Hit the little arrows above the game list to slide out the menu then go down to Morrowind and see if the install button is there. Mine added right out the gate, but it might have thrown the error for you and still worked. Some reports of that
    bartoni33
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

frostymug said:

Good luck Steamers

Same says code is invalid for me as well.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

frostymug said:

Hit the little arrows above the game list to slide out the menu then go down to Morrowind and see if the install button is there. Mine added right out the gate, but it might have thrown the error for you and still worked. Some reports of that
    Sadly no. I'll keep trying though, been a long time since I've owned a copy :D
  • uriel_mafessuriel_mafess Member UncommonPosts: 148
    edited March 2019
    The twitter thread is hilarious. Bethesda never disappoints disappointing.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Pass -  have to use Bethesda launcher - 
    ChildoftheShadows

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Tokken said:
    Of all the silly things people whine about. 
    sschrupp
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited March 2019
    What I had to do for the launcher to recognise the code had been entered was to find Morrowind and click the buy button. After clicking, the button changed to install.

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134
    NOPE :( still showing invalid code and Buy ... no DL yet
    immodium said:
    What I had to do for the launcher to recognise the code had been entered was to find Morrowind and click the buy button. After clicking, the button changed to install.
    Just sent me to the store :( thanks though
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Now it says the redeem code feature is temporarily unavailable, GG bethesda.
  • CoolmerCoolmer Member UncommonPosts: 14

immodium said:

Well I blindly followed your nonsense and it opens me web page to buy it for 7,49€ (what is expected)
  • jshackleford8314jshackleford8314 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Trying to redeem this offer is liking trying to contact a human with customer service. Looping from website to website. Even tried using Bethesda launcher with exact code cut and pasted from their website and it still says invalid code. Dag Nabbit! You have to work your keister off to try and get something free these days!
    Grunty
    Tokken said:
    And yet here you are whining about people whining about being forced to install and use a completely unnecessary piece of software in order to play a 25 year old game. Pot meet kettle. Some people don't mind launchers, some people hate them, its down to the individual's choice. So maybe get over yourselves.
    It's always nice when someone who has nothing else to say tries this claim. Stawwwwwwwwwwwwman.
    [Deleted User]
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Not working for me either. Tried the workarounds. No joy. Have it on Steam but thought I would redeem it here as well. Back to Steam.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Tokken said:
    And yet here you are whining about people whining about being forced to install and use a completely unnecessary piece of software in order to play a 25 year old game. Pot meet kettle. Some people don't mind launchers, some people hate them, its down to the individual's choice. So maybe get over yourselves.
    Is it the same though, when people are complaining about it on a site whose namesake is a genre where you literally can't play a single title without using a game-specific launcher? :D 

MMORPG gamers have been dealing with multiple launchers for the entirety of the genre's life, right?  Yet, the crying en masse started only recently.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Tokken said:
    Is it the same though, when people are complaining about it on a site whose namesake is a genre where you literally can't play a single title without using a game-specific launcher? :D 

MMORPG gamers have been dealing with multiple launchers for the entirety of the genre's life, right?  Yet, the crying en masse started only recently.
    25 years ago you launched Morrowind from ..... an icon!
    MadFrenchierojoArcueidsaker
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    gervaise1 said:
    Tokken said:

25 years ago you launched Morrowind from ..... an icon!
    Yea, but that's the ONLY game I could launch with that icon.  How terrifying!

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Code doesn't work btw );.
    Renoaku said:
    Code doesn't work btw );.
    Yeah. Hoping they resolve it before their deadline. 
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    edited March 2019
    PSA: You can add other launchers to Steam with "Add a non-Steam game to my library" if you want to launch all your games via Steam. Then set a category called 'Launchers' or whatever, to have them all grouped up in your library.

Edit: It worked for me to redeem in the Bethesda launcher now, didn't work earlier.
    Post edited by Foncl on
  • tomhellboundtomhellbound Member CommonPosts: 6

Get Elder Scrolls: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for Free TODAY ONLY (March 25th) NVM mayb on the 50th anniversary they will have the code working :(
    bartoni33
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Loggin is failing. I guess the servers are getting swamped a bit.

I wonder how they are feeling when morrowind fans are crashing their servers and not FO76

:D
    [Deleted User]ChildoftheShadowsSovrath