Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - Hrothgar Race, Dancer Class & More - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    This thread in pointless until Wizardry drops by and explains it to y'all
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Valdheim
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318

Akulas said:

Always complain about the combat being slow and it being a walking simulator but always end up subbing. So, yeah. I'll be playing when it comes out.

It's not as slow as people might think, this is why i made the mistake of not playing till max lvl.
    [Deleted User]seshsesValdheim
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495
    Well I suppose with Bless doing so poorly I am glad the Lupus found somewhere to go. Too bad Yoshi isn't an equal opportunity employer.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Xiaoki said:
    k61977 said:

So they're not adding a healer? Awful move SE.

Also I see they're not actually evolving the game in any meaningful way still. More of the same, not interested.

I see people say this but I think there are many out there that like the reliable content format they have. I mean there is variation and they do try to make different content and hit or miss on it. I look at games like WoW that really try to change how things are done for each x-pack and it doesn't seem to work out very well.

I couldn't agree with this more. There is no need to change the entire game every time you release an xpac. That is one of the main things that drive people away from games like WoW. They love playing their class or a certain way, introduce new xpac all the sudden they hate everything about it because they change almost everything about the game.

I would rather see a company do what they do by adding in great story lines and classes every xpac instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.
    Changing things up is how WoW has stayed relevant for 15 years.

I keep coming back to FF14 when a new expansion or big update releases but my stay is shorter and shorter each time.

Do the Main Story quests, do the new dungeons and raids a few times and then .....

Seriously, after hearing that Au Ra were meant to be the last new race ever and that Hrothgar and Veira are gender locked because of lack of resources then things dont seem to be going as well as people think.
    Xiaoki said:
    k61977 said:

Also I see they're not actually evolving the game in any meaningful way still. More of the same, not interested.

I see people say this but I think there are many out there that like the reliable content format they have. I mean there is variation and they do try to make different content and hit or miss on it. I look at games like WoW that really try to change how things are done for each x-pack and it doesn't seem to work out very well.

I couldn't agree with this more. There is no need to change the entire game every time you release an xpac. That is one of the main things that drive people away from games like WoW. They love playing their class or a certain way, introduce new xpac all the sudden they hate everything about it because they change almost everything about the game.

I would rather see a company do what they do by adding in great story lines and classes every xpac instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

I keep coming back to FF14 when a new expansion or big update releases but my stay is shorter and shorter each time.

Do the Main Story quests, do the new dungeons and raids a few times and then .....

Seriously, after hearing that Au Ra were meant to be the last new race ever and that Hrothgar and Veira are gender locked because of lack of resources then things dont seem to be going as well as people think.
    Not the way I see it as for years now the only time it had a spike that lasted any long span of time was when Legion came out.(During that time changing up the game play the most on every x-pack) That was because it reminded the players of the WoW of ago. I really doubt Gender locked races will mean any real drop off in population for FFXIV. It also was done for lore purposes and honestly their resources were more than likely put to use else where in making this large new x-pack. FFXI didn't add any new races and there numbers weren't affected by it however doing a big time change up in the way the game played after Abyssea x-pack did.
    That's because it was a horrible change.  Convenient of you to completely ignore all the previous expansions that made significant changes/additions to endgame/leveling that were all great though......nice cherry-picking.

Campaign in wings of the goddess, nyzul isle and  besieged in Treasure of Aht Urghan, Promyvion in Chains of Promathia, etc.

Meanwhile FFXIV continues to stick to the same boring stat-stick gear, zero customization, exact same content-type xpack after xpack.

I have a theory on why: They are gun-shy after the initial launch and re-launch.  Too afraid to take any risks or do anything that would break the cycle of what's been working for them. 

To many people (obviously) that is a safe comfort, but the endgame formula they have today combined with the absolutely insane amount of boring fetch quests that gate content (ESPECIALLY if you're a new player, bless you) makes it a total flop for me. 

I played the hell out of the game up until HW, and it became apparent then that the game would never evolve beyond the dull gear treadmill that it was.  The background/settings change, but that's about it. 
    tadams2tone
    Signex said:

Akulas said:

Always complain about the combat being slow and it being a walking simulator but always end up subbing. So, yeah. I'll be playing when it comes out.

It's not as slow as people might think, this is why i made the mistake of not playing till max lvl.
    I get how people could come to that conclusion based on the early game but yeah man, at max level it gets intense.  Hell they're having to contend with button bloat during each expansion! 
    Valdheim
    Xiaoki said:
    k61977 said:

Xiaoki said:
    k61977 said:

Not the way I see it as for years now the only time it had a spike that lasted any long span of time was when Legion came out.(During that time changing up the game play the most on every x-pack) That was because it reminded the players of the WoW of ago. I really doubt Gender locked races will mean any real drop off in population for FFXIV. It also was done for lore purposes and honestly their resources were more than likely put to use else where in making this large new x-pack. FFXI didn't add any new races and there numbers weren't affected by it however doing a big time change up in the way the game played after Abyssea x-pack did.
    That's because it was a horrible change.  Convenient of you to completely ignore all the previous expansions that made significant changes/additions to endgame/leveling that were all great though......nice cherry-picking.

Campaign in wings of the goddess, nyzul isle and  besieged in Treasure of Aht Urghan, Promyvion in Chains of Promathia, etc.

Meanwhile FFXIV continues to stick to the same boring stat-stick gear, zero customization, exact same content-type xpack after xpack.

I have a theory on why: They are gun-shy after the initial launch and re-launch.  Too afraid to take any risks or do anything that would break the cycle of what's been working for them. 

To many people (obviously) that is a safe comfort, but the endgame formula they have today combined with the absolutely insane amount of boring fetch quests that gate content (ESPECIALLY if you're a new player, bless you) makes it a total flop for me. 

I played the hell out of the game up until HW, and it became apparent then that the game would never evolve beyond the dull gear treadmill that it was.  The background/settings change, but that's about it. 
    Sure, but this is a modern theme park not an old one like XI. XI was more open for those ideas. Try to sell that to the modern players. The XIV players would say it was boring, tedious and want  something that was fun but fits the convenience of a more modern MMO. I mean how would you change it up for XIV? Make dungeons not straight lines bet that won't go over well. I mean believe me I like the old MMO's better but this game has it's fan base that likes the way it's handled and changing that now would just kill the game if you ask me. It say's a lot that over on XIV reddit the thing that people are bitching about is gender lock and no healer class. Mean while about how content is rolled out silence for the most part. 
    I mean, those are both two big fuck ups....don't know why they thought either of those were good ideas. 

My comments about the gameplay loop were based on my own opinion of it, never mentioned anyone else having an issue with it.  If you're trying to prove the point that the player-base doesn't care, I'm well aware...they wouldn't be playing in droves if that was the case.  Doesn't mean I have to think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and an expansion is the prime place to look for a potential shake-up.  The fact that they aren't is disappointing to me, could not care less whether the subreddit is up in arms about it or not.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

Dragnelus said:

Viper482 said:

Dragnelus said:

Getting a burn out in WoW again, playing it for a week or 2 now trying to get iron dwarves and Kul Tiran but I cant handle that its locked behind grinding rep:P Im revered in 7th legion  :(

Think im gonna finish my MSQ in ffxiv, I think im at 4.4 now and I need this emote:

If you can't handle the 7th legion rep you should move on, that is the easiest one to get.

How?  Maybe im doing something wrong.

Assaults, WQ's Zandalar, the campaign. I typically get 7th legion/honorbound on my alts before all others.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Getting a total Thunder Cat vibe
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited March 2019
    FFxv event

[Deleted User]

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566

Warlyx said:

so dancer is a ranged dps class? lol

The lack of support jobs in FFXIV has been a struggle for me, specifically when I've already experienced the jobs in FFXI. That being said, I've really enjoyed the implementation of RDM in FFXIV. Also, chakram users? Yes please.
    tadams2tone
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852
    You wont be able to display head gear on Hrothgar and Viera at launch.

They have to go through all head gear models are re-customize them for the new races head types and that will take them longer than expected. They did the same for Au Ra but they had planned on the Au Ra as a new race from the beginning of the expansion.

They didnt have plans to add a new race after Au Ra and what they went through with it so after this debacle I wouldnt count on a new race in FF14 ever again.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited March 2019
    Sadly, this game is filled and riddled with fanservice. Like every xpack, this one gets hyped- but the game is dull to the core. The insane amount of dumb and braindead fetchquest are proof, that the company is implementing forced time consuming quests, as gametime enlargement. The only good thing is the music and the whole esthetic of the final fantasy universe. FF14 is certainly one of these games that dont need braincells to play-wich is sad. It could have been a good game but now its showing those fake and manipulativ footages, trying to lure you into buying it- even you know the past 3 x-packs had the same formula and nothing changed: its plain and boring- soundtrack wise, praisworthy though.
    Asch126tadams2tone
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Fanservice is best service :)
    tadams2tone
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Oh lord, the extreme idiocy from the forums and reddit has spread here.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Asch126 said:
    Oh lord, the extreme idiocy from the forums and reddit has spread here.
    That's a whole chicken- egg issue to be honest.
    [Deleted User]Hatefull
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263
    What fun, more Trials! :(

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    The altoholic in me hates the one character plays every class system. It's my biggest gripe in this game. I like several races in this game and wish I could make a couple alts. But there is no reason to do that with this system. I honestly like almost every aspect of this game. I just can't for the life of me get into it. I'm at the end of the heavensward story quests but can't manage to keep myself playing. Every expansion at some point gets me to come back. But I never last more than a week or two tops.