Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - Hrothgar Race, Dancer Class & More - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - Hrothgar Race, Dancer Class & More - MMORPG.com

It's Fanfest in Tokyo for Final Fantasy XIV fans and the team behind the game never disappoint. During the opening ceremonies, devs introduced the Hrothgar race, the Dancer class, Eulmore village and the Lakeland area.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I am always impressed at the amount of content they put out for an expansion. Honestly, I think they're the best MMO developers of all these days.
    ScotDragnelus[Deleted User]JeroKaneAlmostLancelotLackingMMOwingoodValentinavelimiriusAzaron_Nightbladeand 14 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

SBFord said:

I am always impressed at the amount of content they put out for an expansion. Honestly, I think they're the best MMO developers of all these days.

One of the best certainly, them and ESO to my mind seem to be the only top MMOs putting out genuine regular new content.
    [Deleted User]JeroKaneQuicksandVezlinklash2defGregorMcgregorHatefullMrMelGibson
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Getting a burn out in WoW again, playing it for a week or 2 now trying to get iron dwarves and Kul Tiran but I cant handle that its locked behind grinding rep:P Im revered in 7th legion  :(

Think im gonna finish my MSQ in ffxiv, I think im at 4.4 now and I need this emote:

• OutaiOutai Member UncommonPosts: 77
    I like the look of Hrothgar, but isn't there already a cat/feline race, Mi'qote?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Viera Dancer, looks like my new main.

Can't wait.
    SignexHatefullinfomatz

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

OG_Zorvan said:

So they're adding Ronso from FFX? Neat! I still want a Viera playable race that I can make all smexy like Fran.

Edit: Wait, are they adding Viera? Cuz if so, I'm gonna have to go with this over ESO's Elsweyr chapter.

Yes.
    [Deleted User]
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • neelneel Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Yeah I have to agree and say the are one of the beat these days. I started playing this about 2 months ago and it just a blast haven’t had as much fun in an mmo in a while as I am now. was planning on making an alt but but damn going to have to make a beast archer!
    Signex

ttp://medias.luna-atra.fr/gw2/char_tool/CT_imageGenerator.php?pseudo=Re'ir&lang=EN&code=TSwtLDMsLSwyLC0sMyw5LDE2LDE3LDE4LC0sOSwzNiw1OCw2Miw2Ng%3D%3D

• neelneel Member UncommonPosts: 9

JakeSim said:

OG_Zorvan said:

So they're adding Ronso from FFX? Neat! I still want a Viera playable race that I can make all smexy like Fran.

Edit: Wait, are they adding Viera? Cuz if so, I'm gonna have to go with this over ESO's Elsweyr chapter.

Yes.

Also it’s not a dress it’s a kilt!! Lol

ttp://medias.luna-atra.fr/gw2/char_tool/CT_imageGenerator.php?pseudo=Re'ir&lang=EN&code=TSwtLDMsLSwyLC0sMyw5LDE2LDE3LDE4LC0sOSwzNiw1OCw2Miw2Ng%3D%3D

• clansman2007clansman2007 Member UncommonPosts: 15

neel said:

JakeSim said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Yes.

Also it’s not a dress it’s a kilt!! Lol

You know why it's called a kilt? It's because I kilt the last mofo that called it a dress :P
    Valdheim
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Dragnelus said:

Getting a burn out in WoW again, playing it for a week or 2 now trying to get iron dwarves and Kul Tiran but I cant handle that its locked behind grinding rep:P Im revered in 7th legion  :(

Think im gonna finish my MSQ in ffxiv, I think im at 4.4 now and I need this emote:

If you can't handle the 7th legion rep you should move on, that is the easiest one to get.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    FFXIV....I just don't get it.
    Signex
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    So they're not adding a healer? Awful move SE.

Also I see they're not actually evolving the game in any meaningful way still. More of the same, not interested.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    so dancer is a ranged dps class? lol
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Viper482 said:

Dragnelus said:

If you can't handle the 7th legion rep you should move on, that is the easiest one to get.
    How?  Maybe im doing something wrong.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2019

Dragnelus said:

Viper482 said:

Dragnelus said:

How?  Maybe im doing something wrong.

Can easily cap it by doing the campaign since they added more rep per quest in 8.1 or 8.1.5 one of those 2. As for FFXIV, I think people judge this game from 1 of 2 perspectives when they see 'content' in this game: 1) haven't played the game and/or 2) haven't played it to cap. Do they have updates? Sure. Does it contain stuff to do? Yes. But honestly its no different than wow, even though oddly WoW has a better illusion than FFXIV imo. There's 'alot' if you dont play the game often but after I'd say a month or 2 you're bored, which of course is 'good enough' for people. Unfortunately, that mindset is what is making lower quality games feel 'okay' instead of having standards. But I digress.
    Kajidourden
  • handheldhandheld Member UncommonPosts: 120
    edited March 2019

Zenislav said:

Outai said:

I like the look of Hrothgar, but isn't there already a cat/feline race, Mi'qote?

Miqote are literaly just like humans but with small cat ears and tail. Now Hrothgar on other side look like proper beast humanoid race for people who like this kind of stuff

Hrothgar are basically just reskinned Roegadynns with a lion face. The only difference physically is that they have claws and a lion face. That is it. Everything else is pretty much exactly the same as Roegadynns right down to the running animation.
  • derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I really wish the Ronso looked more like Kimahri and less like Roegadyn. I guess that was probably a decision to save money and time? idk.

Also, Why are they wearing what looks like corsets and miniskirts?...
    [Deleted User]

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Dancer class looks fun...very unique. Would love to see something like that in ESO.
    [Deleted User]
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited March 2019
    Teala said:
    Dancer class looks fun...very unique. Would love to see something like that in ESO.
    A class in ESO? naw.  Would be pointless in ESO. Might work for FF, but not since SWG has there been a need for it in any other MMO. You can always try https://secondlife.com/

Viper482
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

Arterius said:

Was hoping to get a new healer class. Oh well. Maybe next expansion

Same, and at this point I'm just hoping Dancer isn't discount Bard v2.

Also hoping that with no new healer they at least make WHM more interesting (i.e. scrap / re-work lilies) and re-mix AST to be a bit more unique... and better Fairy abilities for SCH.

The lore for Shadowbringers looks really awesome though, so maybe that will be enough, but I'm not sure I can stick it out for another expansion of the same re-wallpapered content and most of classes being so clunky / dull.
    SignexValdheim
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Always complain about the combat being slow and it being a walking simulator but always end up subbing. So, yeah. I'll be playing when it comes out.
    Ridelynn

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I always admire how consistently this game works at becoming better.
    [Deleted User]Sovrath

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

Also I see they're not actually evolving the game in any meaningful way still. More of the same, not interested.

I see people say this but I think there are many out there that like the reliable content format they have. I mean there is variation and they do try to make different content and hit or miss on it. I look at games like WoW that really try to change how things are done for each x-pack and it doesn't seem to work out very well.

I couldn't agree with this more. There is no need to change the entire game every time you release an xpac. That is one of the main things that drive people away from games like WoW. They love playing their class or a certain way, introduce new xpac all the sudden they hate everything about it because they change almost everything about the game.

I would rather see a company do what they do by adding in great story lines and classes every xpac instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.
    [Deleted User]Valdheim
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    I'm always amazed at how insanely good the Expansion trailers for FFXIV. This last one in particular is absolutely fantastic, and the music is on point. The remake of Eternal Wind is the best!

As for the lack of healers, I'm still holding some hopes that Yoshi-P is just hiding some content from us to be revealed in the near future. He did previously joke about a Hammer-wielding Healer (Green Mage), and Dancer was originally hinted at in a similar fashion by one of the developers in a previous FanFest.

The original requirements for Green Mage from FF Tactics A2 was the Viera race, and hammers. Now we've got the Viera, and Yoshi-P throwing "random" ideas in the air so....maybe... I really hope so... :P
    Valdheim
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    k61977 said:

I see people say this but I think there are many out there that like the reliable content format they have. I mean there is variation and they do try to make different content and hit or miss on it. I look at games like WoW that really try to change how things are done for each x-pack and it doesn't seem to work out very well.

I couldn't agree with this more. There is no need to change the entire game every time you release an xpac. That is one of the main things that drive people away from games like WoW. They love playing their class or a certain way, introduce new xpac all the sudden they hate everything about it because they change almost everything about the game.

I would rather see a company do what they do by adding in great story lines and classes every xpac instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.
    Changing things up is how WoW has stayed relevant for 15 years.

I keep coming back to FF14 when a new expansion or big update releases but my stay is shorter and shorter each time.

Do the Main Story quests, do the new dungeons and raids a few times and then .....

Seriously, after hearing that Au Ra were meant to be the last new race ever and that Hrothgar and Veira are gender locked because of lack of resources then things dont seem to be going as well as people think.
    Paraknoxia