Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Game Store and Prices Leaked

2»

Comments

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    the $20 thing is just speculation from some random who decided 100 shards = 1 dollar or some crap and people have been running wild with it.

now would it surprise me if they did that? no. it's not really as outrageous as some would make it seem. it's not that uncommon to see pixels being sold for 10-20 bucks in other games.  but in this one since it's being published by EA it's the  equivalent of asking for your soul for an outfit according to some.

It's no random speculation. Bioware themselves tweeted (or posted on reddit) about it and didn't deny it. They said those prices are "an iteration" of the pricing.

EDIT: the post is right on the OP link.
    it is random speculation.. spin it however you want. they've not released the final product yet.
    if it turns out to be true then congrats on being a fortuneteller i guess?

anyway people crying foul about this better not play pretty much any modern game or they're total hypocrites.

also if they let you earn in game currency to buy the damn thing with that then what's the problem?

instant gratification not being met?

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Arterius said:
    Mykell said:
    My guess is they will have limited special sales every few days. So a $20 skin will be 10$ for the next 24hrs to entice people who haven't saved up enough currency to spend real cash to buy it.

They will have multiple sales every week but will only allow you to earn enough currency playing casually to buy maybe 1 or 2 items.

The trick will be to keep adding enough content to keep people happy and spending.

I wouldn't mind this. IF they keep there word on all story content being free for the entire life of the game. Again that is the thing justifying these prices. I would rather spend $10 every four months or so than paying $30-40 every few months.
    I think they will stick to the story content being free, it's the main thing they will have as an advantage over Destiny.. and one of their primary agendas will be to get Destiny players into their game.

But sometimes, I would prefer a big, well developed and content rich expansion that I can pay for over tiny bits of DLC for free. Diablo 3 is an example of where I'd like to have seen that. Destiny fails on both accounts.. it's tiny amounts of content you have to pay for.

The content they release for free in Anthem might be excellent, though. We'll have to wait and see.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Arterius said:
    Albatroes said:
    MikeB said:

What does everyone think?
    I don't think there's really anything to think just yet. The pricing isn't final, as BioWare's Chris Schmidt explained in that thread:

"Hey there! One thing to keep in mind is these don't represent final, stamped for all of eternity pricing. We are iterating on our economy design and balance almost daily, so you're seeing a snapshot of one iteration. This is why we tend to not discuss things like pricing, because it's one of those iterative things that's sure to change frequently right up until the day you play the game."

Personally, $20-25 is probably my upper limit for a cosmetic. It depends on what it includes and how cool it looks to me. I wouldn't pay $20 for those two examples, I know that much. Hopefully there's a range of options available to players on the shop. It would also be nice if you could pick out pieces in a set to buy individually. Maybe you just want the chest piece or something, that sort of thing. Either way, all the cosmetics (except for Legion of Dawn edition) can be earned in game.

I know I'm probably in the minority for thinking this, but....maybe they should release the game first and then in a month after releasing, slow roll out these 'cosmetics' so people have a feel for the actual economy after they've played and if they feel the pricing is 'fair.' I know its crazy.....but, hey it used to work....
    Would never work thanks to activision . They added  MTX after the launch of Black Ops 4 and the internet went nuts and blamed them for doing it so they could get good reviews. The same would happen to Anthem. Its better, now a days, to put MTX in the game from the start and be open with what your cash shop is going to be like. I think if MTX are going to be in your game than don't be ashamed by it because if that is the case. Don't put them in.
    People weren't upset at Activision for delaying the mtx, they were mad and how the process was at 'earning' these pass things, which had you pretty much needing to play insane hours in order to 'unlock' certain things. Coming out of the gate and saying that your 60$ title already has a line of things ready to sell will only raise the questions of why those things aren't just unlockables in game only, like through....idk....playing the game and getting rewarded. I forgot that today's market is more excited about getting ingame currency so they can 'pick' the cosmetics they want to buy so they can be reminded that only in 10 more hours at the rate of earning this currency I can get the one I want vs dropping EA 20$ and getting it right away.
    [Deleted User]
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    my guess is they'll do it similar to swtor without the boxes.
    sell currency for fixed amounts and have the items priced so that you'll have to get more than 1 of the currency bundles.

the ones you earn from playing the game will probably meet the lowest currency bundle you can buy at a decent pace.  

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    "I'm not really surprised by this but no loot boxes and a way to earn them without paying real money is a step in the right direction to me."

LOLZ   

What? This isnt f2p game. Also there wasnt lootboxes in the beggining in teso either. 

"Bioware responded on the topic saying this:"
    We are desperate, please help us!
    Now you can start orgy for $10. Or disable all gay romance...just for $20  :P

P.S. Did they added loot boxes to swtor?

This is so awfull..thats why they all go online, to "sell" you nothing and and make big money.

Look at TESO store they just added new apex rewards. New outfits are just newbie gear...  >.>

And isnt whole point of F76 was to do the same? 

P.S.https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/albk29/gamestop_germany_is_giving_out_fallout_76_for/
    [Deleted User]
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Bananable said:
    "I'm not really surprised by this but no loot boxes and a way to earn them without paying real money is a step in the right direction to me."

LOLZ   

What? This isnt f2p game. Also there wasnt lootboxes in the beggining in teso either. 

"Bioware responded on the topic saying this:"
    We are desperate, please help us!
    Now you can start orgy for $10. Or disable all gay romance...just for $20  :P

P.S. Did they added loot boxes to swtor?

This is so awfull..thats why they all go online, to "sell" you nothing and and make big money.

Look at TESO store they just added new apex rewards. New outfits are just newbie gear...  >.>

And isnt whole point of F76 was to do the same? 

P.S.https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/albk29/gamestop_germany_is_giving_out_fallout_76_for/
    I did say "a step in the right direction" and not "it's a perfect result for us gamers". Pretty big difference.

Microtransactions are a part of gaming now. I wish that had never happened, just like you, but it's the way things are now and it probably isn't ever going to go away. This is much better than what they tried with Battlefront II so.. it's progress, for us, and it's better than what they did with their last online game; "a step in the right direction".
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    I think the secondary question about was this really a leak or a marketing ploy has become the real question now compared to those prices.  I think it is safe to state most will think those prices are inflated.  EA's & Bioware's pricing practices is what killed swtor for me long long ago.  I think the leak was intentional as a feeler to test the waters of consumers' reactions.
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    edited January 2019
    bleh... NVM...
    [Deleted User]
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    You'd surely never get this in a subscription game ... <cough> .... WoW ...."Hogrus, Swine of Good Fortune" $25.
    [Deleted User]MauroDiogo
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    If you can only buy skins and they are locked to your account (are they?) that's a much better cash shop than you will see elsewhere.
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Arterius said:
    I am fine with it as long as they keep there promise that all DLC and expansions are free. If I do end up liking Anthem and I do throw them money here and there to help development and than they charge $40 for an expansion a year from now I am going to be pissed.
    You don't buy things from EA to help development. That's not how it works. EA & other mega game publishers already have the funding they need. They simply spend the least amount to get the product out the door in order to make a profit. Now for smaller indie devs your idea of buying to support is just fine.
    [Deleted User]