Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: 9 Things I Didn’t Know - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Unaware enemies react to deployable equipment based on an LoS cone in front of them, much like you see in many stealth games.  Try not to land equipment in front of an enemy if you're opening an encounter with such equipment.  If say, your seeker mines approach the enemy from outside their LoS cone, the enemy will literally never know what hit 'em.  I like to put my seeker mines on the other side of an obstacle, such as a car, and let it ambush enemies on the opposite side nearby.
    EponyxDamorRed_ThomasOctagon7711

• xybedoutxybedout Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Love the exploration. Actually found a door, in building, which looked like it could be opened but, no command to do lock to shoot. I ran around and noticed, through slits in fancy dividing wall, the lock hanging on the door. Took a few tries to shoot it through one of these slits but once it was off I could open that door and grab the loot.
    Octagon7711
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I just got the Chatterbox exotic last night, i'm never changing weapons again lol.
    Red_ThomasOctagon7711
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I've been playing solo and think the content should be a little more dynamic when it comes to single play. Organized groups can blaze through anything and some people even have all their specializations maxed out. I've got about a third of Sharpshooter done.

The good news is with decent weapons and going for things like max health and armor you can burn through almost anything fairly easily. Don't worry about finished builds until end game but save gear with good talents in your stash.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• laxibalaxiba Member UncommonPosts: 6

Riqqy82 said:

game is good except the recalibration system, world t4 cap, armor and health are underpowered

Dude, i think this change it's part of the "let's not let them be bullet sponges" decision of the devs, because it was the most irritating thing in TD1 PVP.
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Some good tips here, however a couple of them if followed will actually make the game harder for people.

Brands matter, yes they do, but not as much as the stats and perks on armour, get the right stats first to balance out your character (a few blue points and a few red points) then get those stats with the right armour / weapon perks for your play style ONLY Then do you look for set bonuses with those combinations on. Doing it the other way around will really make it hard for you to get decent kills.

I highly recommend 2 or 3 crit chance stat buffs, 2 armour 2 health and 2 of any other blue then a couple of weapon damage or crit damage stats. After that you want hard hitting on a couple of parts atleast this should give you a decent foundation for melting yellow / boss mobs.

Secondly printer filament.

There is a "known problem" where the high level skill mods require way too much skill power to use (Skill power builds are currently considered under powered in WT3 and WT4 for some reason). Deconstructing your low level mods will leave you modless at high level due to these requirements you are better off saving any mods you get between 10 and 20 for now until the devs address this (They have said they will)
    One thing someone suggested which has worked out well for me is doing as few side missions as possible until you get past level thirty. They give 33% xp no matter your level and are usually shorter and easier then black tusk missions.
    Red_Thomas

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    Wizardry said:
    I see a common theme in these 9 ideas,one that reaffirms why people are playing these poorly designed games.

"LOOT"

What happened to playing a game because it was engaging and fun,why do we need loot ideas to have any fun?A shooter game should be fun.
    The problem for me with the TD2 is it's core game play makes it another copy cat ho hum boring game.Walk through a hall,walk through a street and even that is often a narrow lane,it almost never feels open ended.
    People have been playing Counterstrike for almost 20 years now,grab a gun,shoot stuff,we have had so many spinoffs of military style gun shooters it is at the point of very boring and extremely repeated all we have is new skins.

To me that is why when a game like Half Life came around it was creative...different and for me at least was fun and engaging and did actually feel immersive.TD2 just feels/looks like a VERY generic sequel to TD1,a very cheap cost effective way to make a lot pf profit selling a modded TD1.

Just because you don't like a game, doesn't mean it was poorly designed.  You always seem to feel that you're the arbiter of what's good or not.  Everyone must like precisely the same things you do, or they're wrong.

Fact is, a lot of people like looter-shooters.  Not my favorite genre, but just because I prefer strategy doesn't mean I can't look at a well-put-together game and appreciate it.

Point of fact, Div2 IS a very well developed game.   I'm not crazy about the score, but the rest of the sound design is well done.  The environment is very well textured and interestingly laid out with a lot of explorable nooks and crannies.  Progression is one of the better systems I've seen in the genre and general game-play is very entertaining.

I would suspect that you don't have a single tangible example of poor development decisions for the entire game other than what basically boils down to that you just don't like it.
    I've been playing solo and think the content should be a little more dynamic when it comes to single play. Organized groups can blaze through anything and some people even have all their specializations maxed out. I've got about a third of Sharpshooter done.

The good news is with decent weapons and going for things like max health and armor you can burn through almost anything fairly easily. Don't worry about finished builds until end game but save gear with good talents in your stash.
    How far have you gotten?

I made it to 20+ last night and got into a mission that has consistently been kicking my ass.  Hoping to try it again today with a buddy.  I think my problem is that I need to cover two directions and that's just hard to do, even with deployed assets and time to prepare the battlefield.

It seems like all the enemies have gotten a lot harder and more diverse and even random encounters are getting more interesting.
    Octagon7711
    Kothoses said:
    Some good tips here, however a couple of them if followed will actually make the game harder for people.

Brands matter, yes they do, but not as much as the stats and perks on armour, get the right stats first to balance out your character (a few blue points and a few red points) then get those stats with the right armour / weapon perks for your play style ONLY Then do you look for set bonuses with those combinations on. Doing it the other way around will really make it hard for you to get decent kills.

I highly recommend 2 or 3 crit chance stat buffs, 2 armour 2 health and 2 of any other blue then a couple of weapon damage or crit damage stats. After that you want hard hitting on a couple of parts atleast this should give you a decent foundation for melting yellow / boss mobs.

You definitely don't want to take a step backwards, but I think you need to pay attention to what you're swapping out.   If you have +10% skill from a set, and you swap out for something that gives you +5 Skill, you may be losing in that exchange.

I think you need to look at it holistically.  For instance, I've been doing the sniper/turret/hive thing, which has worked well for me.   Crit counts for a lot, so I look for a lot of crit stuff, but I also look for skill-buffing stuff, too.
    Octagon7711

How far have you gotten?

I made it to 20+ last night and got into a mission that has consistently been kicking my ass.  Hoping to try it again today with a buddy.  I think my problem is that I need to cover two directions and that's just hard to do, even with deployed assets and time to prepare the battlefield.

It seems like all the enemies have gotten a lot harder and more diverse and even random encounters are getting more interesting.

I'm at power level 350 and will do the next tier level missions when I hit 400. Playing solo I do a lot of backing up or straight out running to avoid being surrounded. I always check out the area first when possible for good safe spots and try to let them come to me, plus the turret is great and can be modded for more dps, longer duration, and health, it's like having a partner. Once you get past 30 the map really gets full with firefights all over the place.
    Red_Thomas

Kothoses said:

You definitely don't want to take a step backwards, but I think you need to pay attention to what you're swapping out.   If you have +10% skill from a set, and you swap out for something that gives you +5 Skill, you may be losing in that exchange.

I think you need to look at it holistically.  For instance, I've been doing the sniper/turret/hive thing, which has worked well for me.   Crit counts for a lot, so I look for a lot of crit stuff, but I also look for skill-buffing stuff, too.
    I started out trying to put sets together but ended up going with what was strongest and it worked as gear level changed too rapidly to stick with a type of set.  Will do that when maxed.  I also put a lot of crit into weapons and go with the ones that are fast and hold lots of ammo.  Also remember to put those mods in your gear, weps, and skills.
    Red_Thomas

Tital Basin Stronghold hits tomorrow along with T5 and a bunch of buffs and nerfs. A major update on a weekend, this should be interesting.
    Red_Thomas

• RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    The other thing that's being fixed tomorrow is the skill system generally. As it stands now, you can't get enough skill power to run some of the best skill mods. That's going to change, and skills are supposed to get some loving. I'm seriously looking forward to that.
    Red_ThomasMadFrenchie

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes