Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disney revives Lucasfilm Games as EA flounders with 'Star Wars'

AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

Looks like Dinsey is upset with EA and is going to open their own Star Wars game studio under the Lucasfilm Games label.  If so, this would give Dinsey four years to build Star Wars games before the EA contract expires in 2023.

Let's see what becomes of this.  I hope they can build some great Star Wars games and a MMO!

Gdemami

Comments

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Ack a minute late in posting this.  If you can move this to the first  one posted.
  • johnmorgan13johnmorgan13 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Acornia said:

Looks like Dinsey is upset with EA and is going to open their own Star Wars game studio under the Lucasfilm Games label.  If so, this would give Dinsey four years to build Star Wars games before the EA contract expires in 2023.

Let's see what becomes of this.  I hope they can build some great Star Wars games and a MMO!

Let's see what happen in the next..
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Good. 
  • HenryBraxtonHenryBraxton Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited May 2019

Ok hear me out ....what if palpatine Is in episode 9 because snoke is still alive aka darth plaguies. Palpatine found out that snoke created anakin skywalker to betray him and eventually kill him. Snoke did this because he wanted revenge for palpatine killing him and betraying him also!!! Sooo in ep 9 snoke is still alive and he is pissed again because Kylo ren betray him too !!! Soo snoke sends darth bane to kill kylo ren. I chose bane because he is a a badass . Temp Mail Bane goes to kill kylo but Leia steps in and sacrifices herself to save kylo turning him good. Then kylo seeks Rey so they can team up and kill snoke and bane and destroy the evil in the galaxy. Back to palpatine.... palpatine then use his ghost force to inform Kylo and Rey how to kill snoke aka plagues... 10 Minute Mail for one last final showdown. Oh and anakin uses ghost force to tell Rey she is obi won daughter !!! And that’s why you hear palpatine evil laugh in the new Star Wars 9 trailer Lorem Ipsum

Post edited by HenryBraxton on
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    I was going to say: maybe not since a) Disney retained the right to make SW games and b) going forward when the IP deal comes up for renewal it depends on whether EA want ti renew and whether Disney and EA can agree terms and a price/

Then the story had an update:

Disney has reached out to the media to explain that this isn't a "revival" and it's definitely not anything like LucasArts. The team at Lucasfilm that oversees games relating to its IP (including Star Wars Battlefront II) has been working under that name for years. As it explained to Gameindustry.biz, Lucasfilm plans to continue its strategy of licensing IP to others.

So there you have it. No!

Gdemami
  • BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373
    I found their release schedule for Battlefront, the names are very creative and unique:

2004: Star Wars Battlefront 1
    2005: Star Wars Battlefront 2
    2015: Star Wars Battlefront 1
    2017: Star Wars Battlefront 2
    2024: Star Wars Battlefront 1
    2025: Star Wars Battlefront 2
    2035: Star Wars Battlefront 1
    2037: Star Wars Battlefront 2
    2044: Star Wars Battlefront 1
    2045: Star Wars Battlefront 2
    2055: Star Wars Battlefront 1
    2057: Star Wars Battlefront 2

rodingoScot[Deleted User]
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I'm reading some stuff about the new SW crew and I'm like, who are these people mentioned and why should I care about the new films? These are the games we're talking about, the films are a dumpster fire that need yet another reboot.
  • PhantorangPhantorang Member UncommonPosts: 6

Ok hear me out ....what if palpatine Is in episode 9 because snoke is still alive aka darth plaguies. Palpatine found out that snoke created anakin skywalker to betray him and eventually kill him. Snoke did this because he wanted revenge for palpatine killing him and betraying him also!!! Sooo in ep 9 snoke is still alive and he is pissed again because Kylo ren betray him too !!! Soo snoke sends darth bane to kill kylo ren. I chose bane because he is a a badass . Temp Mail Bane goes to kill kylo but Leia steps in and sacrifices herself to save kylo turning him good. Then kylo seeks Rey so they can team up and kill snoke and bane and destroy the evil in the galaxy. Back to palpatine.... palpatine then use his ghost force to inform Kylo and Rey how to kill snoke aka plagues... 10 Minute Mail for one last final showdown. Oh and anakin uses ghost force to tell Rey she is obi won daughter !!! And that’s why you hear palpatine evil laugh in the new Star Wars 9 trailer Lorem Ipsum

If Snoke is alive, they might have saved the sequels, because when Snoke was killed I lost all interest in the movie, it suddenly was just about Ren and Rey, boring. But my guess is that Palpatine is going to be the final boss, because right now, after the extremely disappointing Star Wars 8, there is nothing left.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    This is a big fat nothing that in no way relates to Star Wars.

EA still has the Star Wars license.

Lucasfilm Games did more than just Star Wars games. This could be about another Monkey island game.

Disney themselves has said that they will continue to work with EA when this got out.

There is NOTHING Star Wars here.
    Scot
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    That seems to be nothing new is going to happen.
    Business as usual. There is no story here.