Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gorgon plays follow the leader and adds micro transaction cash shop with stuff not in game yet

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
edited March 2019 in Project Gorgon
https://shop.projectgorgon.com/

Now I have always been a fan of P:G (even if I think they went overboard with playable animal stuff)... but fair is fair.  They just launched a cash shop based around a riding skill and VIP membership. Neither is in game yet.  Here is an example:

Project: Gorgon Package - Horseback Explorer II $50

·         Receive a free horse mount with basic Riding skill.

·         Plus special Saddlebags for extra storage capacity.

·         9 months VIP membership.

Notice: Some features, including Riding, are not yet implemented at this time. Your account will receive these benefits when the features become available. In addition, your VIP membership will not start until VIP benefits are available. Stay tuned to ProjectGorgon.com for specific announcements.

Or:

Project: Gorgon Package - Thoroughbred Breeder

·         Receive a free horse mount with basic Riding skill.

·         Plus special Saddlebags for extra storage capacity.

·         Receive a second free horse for breeding, along with basic Animal Husbandry skill.

·         Plus a pair of breeding tigers of high genetic quality.

·         12 months VIP membership.

Notice: Some features, including Riding and Animal Husbandry, are not yet implemented at this time. Your account will receive these benefits when the features become available. In addition, your VIP membership will not start until VIP benefits are available. Stay tuned to ProjectGorgon.com for specific announcements.

Or:

Project: Gorgon Package - Horse Lord $500

·         Includes the exclusive benefits from the Thoroughbred Breeder package.

·         Custom in-game title with the ability to bestow this title on anyone you see fit. (Note: Title must be game appropriate.)

·         The ability to spontaneously create special snack cakes (20 per week).

·         Staff of Leadership: this unique item helps you command the respect of those around you.

·         Player House! One basic, instanced, in-game house.

·         5 YEARS VIP membership.

Notice:  Some features, including Riding and Animal Husbandry, are not yet implemented at this time. Your account will receive these benefits when the features become available. In addition, your VIP membership will not start until VIP benefits are available.  Stay tuned to ProjectGorgon.com for specific announcements.

/sigh

One thing I will say is that at least P:G is a playable game that people can get in and decide for themselves.  

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

MadFrenchieOctagon7711HatefullScotThupli

Comments

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Coming soon !

Mystery Fun Box ! From Funstuff !

Mystery Fun Box !, the excitement will build and grow !

Mystery Fun Box !, the anticipation will drive you crazy !

Here's how it works!

You pay a mere 75$ now for your Mystery Fun Box !

Then over a mere 5-7* years of care and excitement your Mystery Fun Box will grow and change!

Finally you will receive a FREE random game !

Mystery Fun Box !

From Funstuff !

* Mystery Fun Box does not actually grow and change. 5-7 years is an estimate and may be extended. Game may or may not be FREE or random. No returns.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I detest cash shops,perhaps the main reason i play the games i do..FFXI had no cash shop.,Atlas has no cash shop.
    The game i played for about 6 months,it grew on me and i would say i had a decently fun time playing.However soon he started making changes they felt flat out wrong,i lost interest.
    At that point i felt like he should have left the structure alone and focus on the graphics and content in the map that was already there.Even the optimisation was awful,low end graphics in an instance dropping down to 5/6/7/8 frames per second.

I feel about Gorgon similar to how i feel about Atlas right now,games with mega ton of potential but the vision,the guy running the ship is screwing it up.

So this is just one of the many reasons cash shops suck>>ALL the effort goes into the shop and not on polishing fixing the game bugs.Old content gets forgot and all the focus moves in a direction to sell items.

Does he need to live...survive,yep for certain but it's not my problem,if you couldn't afford to do your game justice,then shouldn't even start it.IDk Eric's mindset maybe he had hoped an offer from an investor would have come along and he could go grandeur style,as is,way more than 1-3 people can handle.
    [Deleted User]Ungood

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I played this game years ago and remember no cash shop was almost a commandment, but I always said it was a matter of time.   :)

Octagon7711
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I mean, the game is pretty lame anyway.  It tries very hard to be EQ-like without any of the best parts of EQ.  That plus the unacceptably bad optimization of a game that looks like someone made the models for in a weekend.

Honestly though, I don't know why devs who KNOW they don't have the resources keep trying to do 3-D that looks like dog shit.  I'd rather play a game that runs smoothly and looks good with 2/2.5D than half-assed attempts at 3D
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    As long as EA doesn't buy it they can sell whatever they want.  Last I played the game was fun and all that stuff I can do without.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Another (seemingly) little known factoid. It costs an exuberant amount of money to create a game. It's costs more to create an online game and more to create an MMO.

For those of you who think an indie team can produce a game without some kind of backing are absolutely lost. Mental.

Indie developers are looking for ways to fund their game development and those include crowd funding, donations, finding backers and cash shops.

DO NOT confuse independent developers looking for ways to continue development and AAA studios trying to suck money from their players. While the methods of acquiring the money could be the same, the reasoning behind it are profoundly different.
    [Deleted User]SovrathThupliUngood
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
     People in the forums asked for ways to support and get things for their support and none of the stuff offered is pay to win or can't be earned in the game. There was a discussion about it in fact that are pages long.
    sos upport now is ripping people off? good to know
    [Deleted User]Thupli
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

With attribution to the readers at Massively.
    They named the file:  Pay_to_whinny.gif

I found it humorous.
    ScotKyleranUngood

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited March 2019
    paulytheb said:
    Coming soon !

Mystery Fun Box !, the excitement will build and grow !

Mystery Fun Box !, the anticipation will drive you crazy !

Here's how it works!

You pay a mere 75$ now for your Mystery Fun Box !

Then over a mere 5-7* years of care and excitement your Mystery Fun Box will grow and change!

Finally you will receive a FREE random game !

Mystery Fun Box !

From Funstuff !

* Mystery Fun Box does not actually grow and change. 5-7 years is an estimate and may be extended. Game may or may not be FREE or random. No returns.

You do realize you are not even in the realm of realistic? You have no clue what you are even on about, comparing apples and dogs.

People in the forums asked for ways to support and get things for their support and none of the stuff offered is pay to win or can't be earned in the game. There was a discussion about it in fact that are pages long.
    sos upport now is ripping people off? good to know
    [mod edit]
    100% agree. 
    Post edited by Vaross on

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited March 2019
    A little calm please, name calling is for Twitter we have higher standards here.

Every MMO goes this way, no matter how they start, no matter what developers say. There are only two things you can me sure of in MMO life, respawns and cash shops. It is just how long the MMO will take to get a cash shop and then how long before dodgy and P2W items end up in it.

Crowd funded MMOs have issues which may mean the problems start before the game is launched, but that said how many mainstream MMOs launch with a P2W cash shop? You can't win this one only ride it out, by which I mean play until the cash shop issues become too much for you. What I am seeing above would not make me move on but it would be an indicator of what is to come and how long it is going to take to arrive in the cash shop.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I mean, the game is pretty lame anyway.  It tries very hard to be EQ-like without any of the best parts of EQ.  That plus the unacceptably bad optimization of a game that looks like someone made the models for in a weekend.

Honestly though, I don't know why devs who KNOW they don't have the resources keep trying to do 3-D that looks like dog shit.  I'd rather play a game that runs smoothly and looks good with 2/2.5D than half-assed attempts at 3D

It tries to be an Asheron's Call-like not an EQ but true enough regardless. 
    Also.......Unity. Again with the Unity mmorpgs. smh 
    Right, much better comparison thanks.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Scot said:
    A little calm please, name calling is for Twitter we have higher standards here.

Every MMO goes this way, no matter how they start, no matter what developers say. There are only two things you can me sure of in MMO life, respawns and cash shops. It is just how long the MMO will take to get a cash shop and then how long before dodgy and P2W items end up in it.

Crowd funded MMOs have issues which may mean the problems start before the game is launched, but that said how many mainstream MMOs launch with a P2W cash shop? You can't win this one only ride it out, by which I mean play until the cash shop issues become too much for you. What I am seeing above would not make me move on but it would be an indicator of what is to come and how long it is going to take to arrive in the cash shop.
    Name? Description. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Scot said:

Name? Description. 
    Totally lost me there.