Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you still play GW2? If so how often?

2»

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    DMKano said:
    Played for a month at launch - the scaling system was one of the worst things I've ever seen in a MMO, was the sole reason I quit and never went back.

To say that I hated it with every cell in my body would be putting it mildy.

GW2 was for me completely ruined by the scaling system - I would probably love the game without it, but its a core system that cannot be removed so I just removed myself from ever playing again
    Yes, playing for 6 years now...

and the scaling system is one of those things that keeps me comming back..
    espescially whne combined with the much more dynamic zones
    and the reasons the game gives me to travel back to old zones

that and the character design/combat system
    Reverielle

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    I quit playing because it has very little replay ability IMO. I feel like it's a chore to start a new character because you just kinda play through the same old stuff and do the same old thing.

The end game zergfest killed the WvWvW pvp for me. I still log on a very very rare occasion and run some structured PvP, but even that has be losing interest after a couple games.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    DMKano said:
    Played for a month at launch - the scaling system was one of the worst things I've ever seen in a MMO, was the sole reason I quit and never went back.

GW2 was for me completely ruined by the scaling system - I would probably love the game without it, but its a core system that cannot be removed so I just removed myself from ever playing again
    I don't get why it would bother you so much. When you're max level in ascended gear you steamroll all lower level content. Yeh, it's not like WoW where you just 1 shot everything and rub your ear on the keyboard to farm lower level areas.. but you're nothing like a level 5 when you are level 80 in a level 5 area.
    Reveriellesomeforumguyircaddicts
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    I play it for a few months take some time off then come back for a few months.  Been in this cycle since launch.

• ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133
    DMKano said:

It interesting isn't it; for me by far GW2 has the best level-scaling system of any mmo to date. I guess it shows you can't (nor should you try to) please everyone.
    Ungoodircaddicts
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    DMKano said:

I don't get why it would bother you so much. When you're max level in ascended gear you steamroll all lower level content. Yeh, it's not like WoW where you just 1 shot everything and rub your ear on the keyboard to farm lower level areas.. but you're nothing like a level 5 when you are level 80 in a level 5 area.
    Which works so much better for immersion, then the typicall system that makes all lower level content utterly uninteresting...  actually the GW2 system give syou the immersion that you have become hugely powerfull... witouth all the one hit kills

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    DMKano said:

It interesting isn't it; for me by far GW2 has the best level-scaling system of any mmo to date. I guess it shows you can't (nor should you try to) please everyone.
    I agree, I agree, a company really.. should not try to please everyone, it should find it's best group, and focus on them... which is why I was really let down that Anet made a massive turn with their game and tried to please some nitche' hardcore crowed.

Really brought the whole game down, from a game that fun and engaging for the casual to  mid level player, to a game that was a chore, and frustrating.

But then again, maybe they wanted to make a Hardcore game from the start and messed up, and were trying to fix that. If that was the case, then the game was never for me or my demographic.

But that is also why I quit. 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• GavyneGavyne Member UncommonPosts: 116
    edited December 2018
    Just started playing GW2 again after 1 year break, having fun.  I won't be playing hardcore like I was a year ago due to work.  But I'm happy to be back.  It's a beautiful game with one of the better action combat systems out there that is smooth and responsive.

The lack of having to level to catch up was a big deciding factor for me.  I was choosing between GW2, WoW, and BDO.  WoW would've been fun but I grew tired of WoW's combat systems.  BDO would've been beautiful and it has very fun action combat, but I don't have the time to endless grind and play the harsh RNG game.  So GW2 it is.
    Post edited by Gavyne on

Played: EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-LOTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO-BDO
    Waiting For: CU & Vanilla WoW

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301
    Came back for POF and HOT and super happy with the game , now i play everyday again.

• ZalissaZalissa Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I actually Got back into PC gaming, and my bf got me into GW2. I LOVE it. I even created a guild, we have our Discord and we stream on Twitch. My bf has been playing since 2004 from GW, but he doesn't play AS much these days. He's active, just not as much. The warclaw came out though and some neat stuff in Gem store, and so he made sure to come back for that lol
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited March 2019
    I still play it from time to time. I love the combat and how diverse the classes are. Also how easy it is to switch specs. There are so many great quality of life mechanics in this game. You simply get spoiled with the many things that are unlocked account wide, so a new toon will never feel like a chore because you have to repeat the same stuff (like masteries, mounts, glider and certain currencies).

I also still hate its crafting. Every time I plan to continue my ascended crafting, but looking at the recipes, it just pisses me off :p But fortunately for most activities, especially open world, exotics is all you need.

One side note for ppl who like to play melee. I hope you don't suffer from epilepsy attacks and are willing to learn to distinguish between boss tells and the spell effect shitshow. Seriously, fighting large bosses during busy events can be a pain as melee. Ranged is easy, just spam whatever AOE, everyone does it. It is also why ranged outnumbers melee probably tenfold in open world. This game really needs a simple setting to town down unnecessary spell effects and particles.

Oh and the mounts. Funnest mounts in any MMO I played so far and I played a lot.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    I play off and on since launch. I haven't played in a couple of years until just recently. Still such a good game. PvP is action packed and it is a lot of fun to jump in and do some sPvP and some WvWvW PvP at times. I can't seem to get back into the PvE content much, but I do love the PvP.
    [Deleted User]
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 542
    Guild Wars 2 is my favorite game of all time. I've never put so many hours into a single game in my life. I've gotten several friends into the game and everyone of my girlfriends over the years into it as well lol.

In fact my current girlfriend is playing it right now even as I write this. I'm very knowledgeable about it, so when it comes to introducing people to it and getting them to stay I believe I do a good job at it.

I know the game isn't for everyone, but it feels pretty good knowing you've always got something to hop back on to and play whenever you feel bored or not sure what to do in your freetime.