Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Forget Tonight's Paradox Stream -- Is It Vampire: the Masquerade? World of Darkness? - MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageDon't Forget Tonight's Paradox Stream -- Is It Vampire: the Masquerade? World of Darkness? - MMORPG.com News

While the mysterious Paradox live stream doesn't start until 8:00 pm Pacific / 11:00 pm Eastern tonight, the stream channel is "live" with some changing screens. There are already over a thousand folks in the chat room speculating what may be coming, though we're certainly hoping for Vampire: the Masquerade or World of Darkness. What are YOU hoping they'll announce?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Bloodlines 2 or riot!
    spookydom
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Vampire: The Fuckparade Bloodlines

A vampire dating simulator to die for.
    SBFordeoloePhaedruslivesSamhaelMensur
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    A Werewolf MMORPG with action combat and me ripping Black Spiral Dancers a new one. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    PuReDusTraduu
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited March 2019
    Hopefully, the game will have quality of characters similar or better than those models CCP Carbon engine demonstrated 8 years ago in Incarna (and their failed WoD project). Also MMO gameplay - or instant ignore list.

edit: it's first-person view game, for children without strong personality looking to become a vampire (like I wanted to become a musketeer when I was 10yo). Ignoring...
    Post edited by 3dom on

Thank you for your time!

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited March 2019
    Aeander said:
    Vampire: The Fuckparade Bloodlines

A vampire dating simulator to die for.

I don't mind lol

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    If they make it a mobile game (after all the site is about a dating app right?) people will start burning public buildings.

Cats and Dogs, living together ...

Mass Hysteria.
    Ozmodan
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Vampire: The Masquerade 2: Electric Boogaloo
    Sovrath
  • HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
    I'm hoping for an MMO, maybe one as good and smart and eerie as The Secret World was, when it was new.
    Oyjord
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    lahnmir said:
    A Werewolf MMORPG with action combat and me ripping Black Spiral Dancers a new one.
    Give me werewolves over vampires every time.  Compared to werewolves, vampires just... "suck" >:)
    eoloe
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Lokero said:
    lahnmir said:
    Give me werewolves over vampires every time.  Compared to werewolves, vampires just... "suck" >:)
    But in the dating sim we're going to get, that's exactly what I'm counting on.  ;)
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited March 2019
    The event start a 19:00 PST as per Paradox's tweet earlier today.

Saying that, the reveal-reveal might be at 20:30 (going by the countdown on the stream). I have no idea what they are going to do for 1.5 hours, but I saw someone doing the Tender ARG suggest a 300 persons "escape room" game. lol.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDk the name seems to give something away.
    Chimera two cells,two different beings.

Could that be a Vampire idea,yeah i guess so but i don't think so lol.I am getting a feel for something like two different forms of yourself,it could be really cool or something really cheesy like some energy bar that fills up then you click it and become some evil spirit or who knows,maybe a vampire.

They seem to really be advertising the emotion idea,that again can be cool or really weak sauce depending how it is done.What i have seen from the past is these tpe of ideas usually mean very up close facials ,sort of like an instance CS that removes the rest of the game/visuals.

Know what my gut feels here,something like The Secret World,it may contain Vampires,maybe you work for some secret society that hunts vampires.Maybe that is the big building shown,a hub for attaining quests.Yeah i know but i can't help devs are not very creative,they just have to copy ideas like questing/missions but we will see,maybe something creative for once.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:

IDk the name seems to give something away.

Chimera two cells,two different beings.

They seem to really be advertising the emotion idea,that

Chimera was part of the ARG clues to find a password (Bellerophon), it's from the Iliad of Homer.

Vampire the Masquerade added a new gameplay mechanic based on emotional states in 5e, the emotional states listed on Tender are those from the manuals. It affect Disciplines (aka skills).
    Thanks for the cool information but hard for me to follow/understand since i never played MAsquerade nor do i know much about tender.

I also don't know what ARG stands for but i have never had much of any interaction with paradox so i don't much about them at all.All i found out is they were sort of known for making historical type games and now got into board games.

Ok so ARG alternate reality game but using the title Tender seems a bit lame obviously ripping off Tinder.

Also reading it seems there are a lot of hints leading to believe a new Masquerade game.I am not a huge fan of vampires but i am cool with ANY genre/design if it is done well and that is all i ask.All i basically want is when i play a game i am not shaking my head every 20 secs thinking wtf.I also do not like linear or gaited,i love open ended gaming.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited March 2019
    One thing for sure,they learned to get the bar open early ...lmao,geesh standing around a bar or out in the lobby for several hours seems painful. Ok going to play Atlas for a couple,i'll check this out later,i hope it is something interesting,do not want anything linking to their Tender idea.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Wizardry said:

Ok so ARG alternate reality game but using the title Tender seems a bit lame obviously ripping off Tinder.

lmfao! You crazy, Wiz!
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213
    An RPG with a Malkavian Protagonist where even after you finish a New Game+ you still have no idea what just happened.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

edited March 2019
    Paradox created a giant escape room game with 300 people mixed with LARPing. This is amazing!

Also, Paradox tweeted a link to a discord for: Bloodlines 2 (aka Project Fraiser). A bit too soon too...
  • linc.r1988linc.r1988 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Oh fuck no! Not the Masquerade please! C'mon, just let it die already! It's been more than a decade! We have the Requiem in its 2nd edition and it's a lot better than the fucking Masquerade!
    Sadly this is not a stream about gaming,it is just a Tender marketing stream.Checked a bit out,it is really cringeworthy WEIRD.
    AIR bar...ummm i think some people have been doing some serious drugs.Then the guy working the AIR bar,with th French talk  and ummm the well yeah you know and this ASMR ummm WEIRD.

So the lady Felix interviewed definitely convinced me they are doing some serious drugs.SO kids STAY in school,don't be a fool and don't do drugs.
    mmolou

edited March 2019
    Wizardry said:
    Sadly this is not a stream about gaming,it is just a Tender marketing stream.Checked a bit out,it is really cringeworthy WEIRD.
    AIR bar...ummm i think some people have been doing some serious drugs.Then the guy working the AIR bar,with th French talk  and ummm the well yeah you know and this ASMR ummm WEIRD.

So the lady Felix interviewed definitely convinced me they are doing some serious drugs.SO kids STAY in school,don't be a fool and don't do drugs.

It's LARPing (lots of the staff are ghouls. Felix, the host, is most probably a vampire).

The whole place is filled by NPCs, while the people invited, if they accepted to, are the players that have to solve quests (they are wearing a black band). On top of that, people doing the ARG "at home" have to solve riddles to allow high-jacking the presentation before the time is up.

Someone suggested all the people in labsuit are from Hardsuit Labs, the studio making the game.

The gaming part should be in 30 minutes.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited March 2019
    Well now ... B)

Bigger, longer sewers ... just sewers ... ;)

[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited March 2019
    God, I really hope it plays like Dying Light. It looks like it does in the trailer even though it's not gameplay footage.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The whole Tender thing was a bit cringey, TBH. The acting just wasn't really good enough to sell it. But they get an E for effort for at least trying something different.

Bloodlines 2 though... I'm psyched.
    Sovrathwingood
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED