Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare's Casey Hudson Acknowledges that the Anthem Launch Was 'Rougher Than Expected' - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    Ah. Thanks for the link. I thought I was being helpful here. 
    You are! I just knew the article was set for publication at 9 so I figured it would be good to put it here too! Information is power and from all available sources. <3

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    Gos to show you thay still dont get it...
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    In what way? I think all of the changes here are positive and a significant step in the right direction. No, the changes won't even come close to fixing all of the games major issues, but they will improve loot quantity and variety, add to visual customization, reduce quickplay issues, and increase the variety and quantity of endgame content.

It's not that any of these changes are bad, unimportant, or out if touch. It's just not a miracle patch that fixes everything wrong with the game in a mere month.
    Sovrath
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    In what way? I think all of the changes here are positive and a significant step in the right direction. No, the changes won't even come close to fixing all of the games major issues, but they will improve loot quantity and variety, add to visual customization, reduce quickplay issues, and increase the variety and quantity of endgame content.

It's not that any of these changes are bad, unimportant, or out if touch. It's just not a miracle patch that fixes everything wrong with the game in a mere month.
    Played since Launch, 22th i think, after 5 days i was level 30, after 7th day i had all the masterworks i needed, since then i got 1 drop i can use ! in borderlands 2 there badass points to grind, in Diablo 3 there Paragon points you grind for. i agree with you the changes are ok, but its not the major problem.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    edited March 2019
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:

Played since Launch, 22th i think, after 5 days i was level 30, after 7th day i had all the masterworks i needed, since then i got 1 drop i can use ! in borderlands 2 there badass points to grind, in Diablo 3 there Paragon points you grind for. i agree with you the changes are ok, but its not the major problem.

I would disagree. Most of these are major problems. And some of them are stepping stones to addressing your major problem. In order to address your major problem, multiple changes will be needed:

*Improved drop rates.

*Increased variety of masterwork/legendary items.

*Greater/easier stat transparency on UI.

*The complete removal of the upscaling system. 

*Optionally, the addition of a minor long term account progression system (like Paragon Points).

These changes do at least partially address the first two points.
    gunklacker