Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: 9 Things I Didn’t Know - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageTom Clancy’s The Division 2: 9 Things I Didn’t Know - MMORPG.com

Top Ten lists are for plebs, so Red Thomas offers nine tips for The Division 2 players drawing on his own experience in the game. If you’re a new player or returning from the first game, Red lists things he didn’t know until later that may help in maximizing your gaming experience.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Riqqy82Riqqy82 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    game is good except the recalibration system, world t4 cap, armor and health are underpowered

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Riqqy82 said:
    game is good except the recalibration system, world t4 cap, armor and health are underpowered
    I absolutely agree on armor/health. It's amazing how easy it is to get hosed by enemies 3+ levels beneath if caught offguard. :D I'm looking at those fekking flamethrower jerks. :D
    Whiskeydustmcrippinsinfomatzjonp200Octagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• blbetablbeta Member UncommonPosts: 144

Extra armor kits and grenades can be handy, but you should prioritize the accolades first. It’s a series of five perks for one point each that increase the amount of experience you gain for various actions while killing enemies.

The result is a noticeable increase in experience gain and should be your first investment. This allows you to level a bit more quickly, and you should soon find yourself leveling just a little faster than the pace of the story missions.

That is exactly the opposite from me. Those were the last perks I picked up. I grew up on slow leveling and it is already too fast for my taste. It is great they give one the option of when to take it though.

The fast leveling doesn't bother me either in this game. After playing The Division I realized the getting to level 30 is almost like a long tutorial. The game opened up a lot at level 30 in the first one, so I am excited to see how it comes together in part 2. Part 2 already feels better and I am only lv 17 or so.
    Red_Thomas
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    So loving the game so far, there is definitely a difference in the gameplay from the first game, Soloing was pretty tough in the first game but its great now, still challenging but doable if friends are not on. Also Im not sure about match making its like a glorified PUG, the couple times ive done it the guys just want to run through and complete the mission where I want to find everything in the building on each level.

There is a ton of gamelay and character enhancements that open up at level 30 so keep going ...
    SBFord
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    A lot of people think the turret is useless for leveling up but it has saved me so many times from getting flanked, especially in events like supply drops where enemies frequently spawn right behind me.
    bartoni33SBFord[Deleted User]Red_ThomasinfomatzOctagon7711
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    A lot of people think the turret is useless for leveling up but it has saved me so many times from getting flanked, especially in events like supply drops where enemies frequently spawn right behind me.
    There's only really 3 abilities while leveling that can delay the high armored enemies, and one of them is the flame turret.  Placement is key though.

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    I am having a blast so far. Really enjoying to game, playing mostly solo, except for main missions. So much to do around each map. Still playing with weapon combos and gear sets. I see this game keeping me busy for some time to come. 
    momintim
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Some thing to know, Lots of Load screens, lots of disconnects and lots of scaling problems. at least on xbox one. With that said , l love the tactics of the game
  • Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666

I actually switched to flame turret because you can turn it off and on to prolong it's life and it's pretty effective and causing even elite enemies to panic. Has saved my bacon a few times.

blbeta said:

Extra armor kits and grenades can be handy, but you should prioritize the accolades first. It’s a series of five perks for one point each that increase the amount of experience you gain for various actions while killing enemies.

The result is a noticeable increase in experience gain and should be your first investment. This allows you to level a bit more quickly, and you should soon find yourself leveling just a little faster than the pace of the story missions.

That is exactly the opposite from me. Those were the last perks I picked up. I grew up on slow leveling and it is already too fast for my taste. It is great they give one the option of when to take it though.

The fast leveling doesn't bother me either in this game. After playing The Division I realized the getting to level 30 is almost like a long tutorial. The game opened up a lot at level 30 in the first one, so I am excited to see how it comes together in part 2. Part 2 already feels better and I am only lv 17 or so.

Whatever suits you is always fine. Like you said, I'm finding the game gets better as I get higher level, so I'm really just rushing that end-game. Plus, I'm trying to keep pace with me nephew who has much more time to spend in the game than I do. =)

Some thing to know, Lots of Load screens, lots of disconnects and lots of scaling problems. at least on xbox one. With that said , l love the tactics of the game

I'm PC-Master-Race, so been playing PC only. I haven't had any of those issues since beta. Kind of surprised XBox is since it's effectively a Windows 10 PC.
    MadFrenchieSignex
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Music and customization are awesome aswell. You can mod weapons and even mod your skills. The sountracks get me pumped as well when im about to have a battle.

Also i like that its not easy. Ai is good at taking cover and advancing on you with different units if you camp. Ive found myself many times stuck reloading only to get a shotty in the back lol.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

I'm PC-Master-Race, so been playing PC only. I haven't had any of those issues since beta. Kind of surprised XBox is since it's effectively a Windows 10 PC.

with premade hardware, which the game obviously wasn't optimized for...

good thing someone keeps developing games for PCs, and doesn't just port em :P
    Red_Thomas

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    There's only really 3 abilities while leveling that can delay the high armored enemies, and one of them is the flame turret.  Placement is key though.
    That's why I like to keep an LMG or extended mag on my ARs.  You can charge me, heavily-armored enemy, but by God you better take me out by the time you get to me, because I'll be unloading 60-100 round magazines at you as you do. :D 
    maskedweaselRed_Thomasdragonlee66

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Excellent article.
    Red_ThomasMadFrenchie

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
    It's been a long while since a game has kept me just as excited to play as I was on the first day.
    I'm lvl 16 at the moment and loving every minute of it.
    I find myself easily getting side tracked by exploring when I originally meant to be running to the start of a side mission.

Yesterday I grouped up with 3 other people. No one said a word as no one had a mic hooked up. We completed the main mission we grouped up for and then spent a few hours just running everywhere together, knocking out SHD caches and side missions and control points and anything else.
    Although no one spoke, I had a blast doing all of it.
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I was trying to figure out for at least half an hour how to get into this fenced-in area near the starting area. I was trying every nook and cranny trying to jump, crawl, etc. into that damned fenced area. Then I saw the orange lock and started bashing it. Then I shot it and it unlocked the gate. I guess persistence was rewarded. lol
    Red_Thomas
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Load screens in The Division?.. :D
    I've had zero disconnects since I started playing and the scaling problems when you teamup have been addressed and they're working on tuning them.

My only "issue" is how harder the game is compared to the first... but it's an issue I like.
    It's refreshing to have a challenging game that punishes you for mistakes.
    boris20Red_Thomas

..Cake..

• CitizenX007CitizenX007 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    edited March 2019
    The first two things I look at when evaluating a game are: 1) character creation, and 2) the support sub-forum. I watched a few videos on character creation...OMG! Why did Ubisoft deliberately make the females so ugly? I mean, they are hideous...beast-like in their appearance! WHY? Lots of SJW scum at Ubisoft?

Next, I went to check out the support sub-forum...Wow! Lots and lots of complaints...hundreds of pages of complaints against a game that just launched!

Thanks, but no thanks...I'll pass on this one.
    maskedweaselGdemami
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    sgel said:

Load screens in The Division?.. :D
    I've had zero disconnects since I started playing and the scaling problems when you teamup have been addressed and they're working on tuning them.

My only "issue" is how harder the game is compared to the first... but it's an issue I like.
    It's refreshing to have a challenging game that punishes you for mistakes.
    Yes Load screens, honeymoon,s over sorry bro
    Gdemami
    Yes Load screens, honeymoon,s over sorry bro
    I haven't seen any load screens except the first one to get in.   When you fast travel you get something like a load screen, but if you run there you don't...   Where are you seeing load screens?
    maskedweaselacidbloodMadFrenchie
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

blbeta said:

You won't be disappointed then, a whole bunch of stuff happens after you finish the 'final mission' at level 30, not the least of which is the map becoming a whole lot more dynamic and busy. And if you're like me and did a fair few world activities while levelling you'll still have a bunch of side missions to do and SHD caches to find. It's really quite well done and gives The Division 2 a lot more life than just its 1-30 journey.

Good tips Red, especially about exploring everywhere and going down into the sewers, they have done an amazing job at making the whole game world feel rewarding.
    Two bonus tips:
    - Kind of obvious but do Control Points; not only do you get a room full of sweet loot when you capture them, they also act as fast-travel locations and respawn points.
    - Most loot in the game world, including Control Point loot rooms, respawns about every real-world day (haven't tested exact hours, or if it is at a certain time), so if you haven't played since yesterday and some of your gear is getting a bit under-level a good tip can be to fast-travel to your captured Control Points, re-visit underground areas, and re-explore known locations to get some up-to-level gear.

gunklackerRed_Thomas
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I see a common theme in these 9 ideas,one that reaffirms why people are playing these poorly designed games.

"LOOT"

What happened to playing a game because it was engaging and fun,why do we need loot ideas to have any fun?A shooter game should be fun.
    The problem for me with the TD2 is it's core game play makes it another copy cat ho hum boring game.Walk through a hall,walk through a street and even that is often a narrow lane,it almost never feels open ended.
    People have been playing Counterstrike for almost 20 years now,grab a gun,shoot stuff,we have had so many spinoffs of military style gun shooters it is at the point of very boring and extremely repeated all we have is new skins.

To me that is why when a game like Half Life came around it was creative...different and for me at least was fun and engaging and did actually feel immersive.TD2 just feels/looks like a VERY generic sequel to TD1,a very cheap cost effective way to make a lot pf profit selling a modded TD1.

gunklacker

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    To continue with the LOOT focus of this thread.  Look for parachutes up high.  Instead of surveillance drones with pictures they contain LOOT if you shoot the suspended package.  Then you get the fun of trying to figure out how to get to that LOOT.
    Red_ThomasKilrane
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams