Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sea of Thieves Celebrating Year One with Goodies, New Content & More - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSea of Thieves Celebrating Year One with Goodies, New Content & More - MMORPG.com

Sea of Thieves will be turning one year old this month and Rare is pulling out all the stops to provide players with lots of in-game reasons to celebrate. Most notably, players will get some birthday goodies and will also find a new set of Mercenary Voyages "with some swish new rewards for their completion". In addition, Skeleton Fort has been repopulated and XBox One players will get mouse / keyboard support and new cosmetics abound.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Year One and maybe the last one.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Who the fuck thought this is a well thought idea? Game concept istrash to beginn with.it worked with 2d but back then wvery idea was good because new.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Good to see this game is hold strong after launching in Early Access....
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    A pretty fun game for a couple of weekends during a free introductory month of Game Pass, but that was all I could squeeze out of this one. As I start closing in on middle age, the odds get smaller and smaller that I can line up semi-regular multiplayer sessions with friends or family.

Still, in a world filled with sequels and annual iterations, I'm always in favor of any company willing to develop a new IP, and they even managed to pull off something that was unique to play.
  • AndrewTheJoyfulAndrewTheJoyful Newbie CommonPosts: 29
    I thought that this game is no more already. I think that year one = final year.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I thought that this game is no more already. I think that year one = final year.
    Irony. 
  • CTBradumsCTBradums Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    This game was a clear-cut case of overhype. It was one of the most talked-about games up until launch, and then people went out in droves and bought it only to give a collective, metaphorical shrug.

I played for a little and really forced myself to give it as much of a chance as humanly possible, there was just absolute nothing interesting about it. Devoid of weighty content, purpose, etc. When they responded to the criticisms by saying, "But we're adding content, just wait!", I wasn't betting on them living up to it. Glad I didn't, because I would've been let down. There's still nothing meaningful to do, or any reason to sink time into the game. It's rare that I regret buying a game, because I'm kind of a collector/hoarder, but this is one of the handful that I legitimately felt stupid for paying money for. There are free-to-play games with more content and care given to them.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I enjoy the game. There are plenty of people playing, will likely not be the last year. Don't know what is up with the extreme negativity on these forums (especially from new accounts) towards this game. They have added quite a bit of content since launch, and I always have plenty to do and it's always a blast to play with friends. 
    ChildoftheShadows
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I enjoy the game. There are plenty of people playing, will likely not be the last year. Don't know what is up with the extreme negativity on these forums (especially from new accounts) towards this game. They have added quite a bit of content since launch, and I always have plenty to do and it's always a blast to play with friends. 
    That’s the internet for ya. It doesn’t matter what the subject is, if it’s not something they like then it has to be destroyed rather than just walking away and ignoring it. 

I haven’t played yet tbh, but I’m going to start up my store pass trial sometime today and give this a go. If I like it I’ll play it. If I don’t I won’t. You won’t see me trying to be cool talking about how it’s going to die. 
    Panther2103
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    I really don't understand the hate I love this game, ive poured hundreds of hours into it and it just gets better and better with each update join the sea of thieves community discord find groups have fun. Sometimes I set out with goals like how much can I steal in 2 hour play session or I just want to roam around and find loot instead of do the missions. I dunno to each their own I guess I love the game.