Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Check Out 3+ Minutes of Battlefield V: Firestorm

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Check Out 3+ Minutes of Battlefield V: Firestorm

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Looks awesome
    SBFordRain_DeathravenAsch126Vexiusx
  • Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    EPIC!
    SBFordAsch126Vexiusx
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    yawn
    Alomar
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Fairly steep system requirements imo. Also, screw scavenging lol.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• G3NexisG3Nexis Member UncommonPosts: 84

Palebane said:

Fairly steep system requirements imo. Also, screw scavenging lol.

The system requirements shown in this article are basically the recommended specs given by EA for DXR. Not sure those are the actual required specs tbh.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Possibly one of the better BR titles on the market in terms of precision gameplay and destructible environments. That said the tired old "oh noes the circle is coming in!" is getting old. There has got to be a way to reinvent the formula of getting players more compact as the match goes on.
    ZenJelly
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    edited March 2019

Hashbrick said:

Possibly one of the better BR titles on the market in terms of precision gameplay and destructible environments. That said the tired old "oh noes the circle is coming in!" is getting old. There has got to be a way to reinvent the formula of getting players more compact as the match goes on.

Not that I disagree, but this "circle" seems to actually be terrifying in itself, which it is not in other games of the genre (people often use it to their advantage to stay hidden a bit more,etc.). This one literally destroys everything (buildings, etc.) and your vision is changed when you are stuck in it, as if you are suffocating from the smoke/heat, etc. which really look like you will not want to be caught in it volontarily. But I do agree that they ought to find some other way.

Could have been interesting to see them use a pseudo-conquest mechanic to force people to get close to some conquest points that pops randomly around the map, reducing the amount of points available as the game goes, until there is only a single one left for the survivors? Not sure how it would work in practice though. I'm not really knowledgeable as far as BR goes..
    Hashbrick
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    It's just a BR on a market beyond saturated by them, why is everyone so excited?
    ZenJellyRain_Deathraven
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Holy shit this might actually be the first Battle royale game i will want to give a go.

Looks so much better then whats out at the moment.
    ZenJellyRain_Deathraven
  • ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    ;)
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Hashbrick said:

Not that I disagree, but this "circle" seems to actually be terrifying in itself, which it is not in other games of the genre (people often use it to their advantage to stay hidden a bit more,etc.). This one literally destroys everything (buildings, etc.) and your vision is changed when you are stuck in it, as if you are suffocating from the smoke/heat, etc. which really look like you will not want to be caught in it volontarily. But I do agree that they ought to find some other way.

Could have been interesting to see them use a pseudo-conquest mechanic to force people to get close to some conquest points that pops randomly around the map, reducing the amount of points available as the game goes, until there is only a single one left for the survivors? Not sure how it would work in practice though. I'm not really knowledgeable as far as BR goes..

Good points here. You are right this circle is more brutal and that adds flair to what is stale. The pseudo-conquest type mechanic is what I was kind of hoping for but to do it right would take time and I'm sure they are just "DO FORTNITE BUT BETTER!" mode right now.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I've been playing BF4 and BF1 pretty much every day for the last week and having a blast while waiting for amazon to ship my copy of BFV on PS4. I might try this Firestorm mode but i doubt i'll stick to it. I love Battlefield, not Battleroyalefield.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Looks fun. not playing BR games. They should make battlefield BR to be free if they want it be popular.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Not going to last unless they make this a standalone game. Right now it is only for those work BF5.
  • MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 143
    LMFAO...."This world is a sandbox" WOT

Real talk, I cannot wait for this trend to shove off.....