Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen & SQ4 Roadmap (updated April 8th)

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Star Citizen roadmap was extended to end of 2014

In Q4 we should get Microtech and salvaging.

Repair is not coming this year, and server meshing is not coming this year.

Overall the roadmap looks like we'll get a lot of small new mechanisms like docking, PvP bounties, swimming, security systems for setting this private, etc. but very little large new things.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Where is my edit button?

I meant to write the roadmap was extended to the end of 2019, not 2014, and can't edit my previous post.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Vrika said:
    Star Citizen roadmap was extended to end of 2019

In Q4 we should get Microtech and salvaging.

Repair is not coming this year, and server meshing is not coming this year.

Overall the roadmap looks like we'll get a lot of small new mechanisms like docking, PvP bounties, swimming, security systems for setting this private, etc. but very little large new things.
    I’d plan for either Microtech and/or salvaging to be pushed out to 2020 as they fall behind as the focus is on SQ42.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Star Citizen & Squadron 42 Roadmap February Update

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Last updates on SC & SQ42:

Erillion
    And last weeks again:

Evocati for 3.5 should be starting soon as well.
    BabuinixErillion
    New week New RoadMap Update
    Star Citizen

SQ42

Erillion
    edited March 2019
    SQ42 roadmap finally sees progress in chapters with 4 of them completed, 2 of them late and 2 on time with 4 chapters to still catch-up on.

The Evocati phase for Alpha 3.5 has started, the initial focus being the new flight model of the game in AC. Patch notes: https://pastebin.com/hDYpMCYV

Erillion
    As the Evocati started with the new flight model that has been getting seems positive feedback, bound to please everyone but it has been simplified. AI is more OP and combat seems to be where the dogfighting playability most improved for this upcoming patch.

Some leaky stuff on digging through game files of stuff not released yet ~~

Bengal bridge corridor:

Bengal Hangar:

Female character model:

Current Arccorp (not yet implemented)

Erillion

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

On last roadmap update relevant bits

DNA Face Customization is completed and now on polish. Playable female characters stand at 92% and the mission giver at 87%.

In locations, the Arccorp planet and its moons are completed and in polish now with the landing zone itself missing at 82%.

AI ship combat improvements, AI Distress Beacons, degradation systems and groups systems improvements being feature-complete and in polish. 

Most ships moved to the polish phase, so was the new flight model, projectile and hard shader improvements, as well with the OCS stall fixes on the network front.

3.5 is still in Evocati with an aimed release at the end of this month.
    Erillion
    Star Citizen 3.5 being pushed to the PTU initially with the Arena Commander focus on the Flight Model.

The PU was just pushed to the Evocati with the core of the PU 3.5 content, initial patch notes:
    https://pastebin.com/uL6cShQx

Evocati bits, here's current Arccorp, Dna character customizer and other bits.

ErillionBabuinix
    With more updates following Evocati, Arccorp is undergoing a big polish pass (from the prints seen in the previous post) and now the female characters bits

Erillion
    Post initial lightning pass on arccorp

ErillionBabuinix
    Character Customization seems properly added now, here it in action:
    https://streamable.com/f5jpz

Almost everything can be customized such as eyebrows, ears, eyes, cheeks, nose, mouth, jaw, crown, skin color, eye color, hair and hair color.
    gervaise1
    Last roadmap update. Arccorp Landing Zone, Basic Gunship Behavior, Star Marine QoL improvements, System: Heat, AI Bounty Hunting, Vehicle Scanning Improvements, Quantum Travel Improvements, Vehicle scanning improvements, vehicle tech updates, FOIP and VOIP improvements and 2 weapons have entered the polish phase.

As for the DNA facial customization, you can pick multiple faces and then bring elements from each other in to create your character, then you can pick those individual facial elements and do the same with the heads you selected.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited March 2019
    >>>>

March 27, 2019

Greetings Citizens!

Star Citizen Alpha 3.5.0 is now available for you to play on PTU!

This round of testing introduces the new flight model along with ArcCorp, playable female characters, character customization, and the redesigned 300i.
    >>>>>

Lets see how many hours (days ?) i can spend customizing avatars ;-)

Have fun

PS:
    This is the invite for voluntary subscribers. May take a few days longer for all the rest of the playtesters.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    "Star Citizen & SQ4 Roadmap (updated March 9th)"

So I guess they eventually had to cut back on SQ42.

:p 
    edited March 2019
    Live release is to happen soon, PTU keeps getting patched with improvements and fixes especially to Arccorp. Next Friday it is set to have the Q2 2020 update schedule to release.

How it looks now after more lightning improvements

With 3.5 now released and its main Arccorp city planet & its moons now released together with female player characters, DNA character customization, new flight model and many other bits: 
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//17032-Star-Citizen-Alpha-350  .. The development moves towards Alpha 3.6, current roadmap:

3.6 is going for extended features upon current or new systems upon gameplay mechanics, some long-awaited ships and tech features aimed heavily at the network.
    Erillion
    Weekly Roadmap update:

Here is the SQ42 update.

Relevant changes, they have two completed phases for chapters that were due for Q1. Both Chapter 3 and Chapter 10 have been completed for Whitebox Playable, and there are no longer any phase behind schedule as of now.

• justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    In other words..."in a few more years." I wonder how long this excuse will work? I guess as long as they have people spending money on pixels that aren't even in the game yet they will keep going. I would keep going if I got money for concepts I guess.
    HatefullKyleran
    In other words..."in a few more years." I wonder how long this excuse will work? I guess as long as they have people spending money on pixels that aren't even in the game yet they will keep going. I would keep going if I got money for concepts I guess.
    This roadmap and quarter updates speak by themselves, there is no excuse necessary when the progress as it happens is released and playable.
    Erillion