Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic to Feature Alterac Valley v1.12 - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    The old AV was hands down the most fun pvp I ever had in the game. Yeah it might have taken hours and sometimes almost a day to play through but that was the fun part. It wasn't a oh we lost the tower might as well let them win now like it is now. It is sad that they removed the summoned guy as that was part of the fun. Having the pve part of summoning him mixed in was part of what made it fun.

I do have to wonder though how long it will be before the players rose tinted glasses come off when they get tired because nothing new is being added to the game at all. That kinda is the point though that it doesn't change.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Galadourn said:

The more I read the more intrigued I am by this, I never really played much of WoW but this sounds like it could be fun.

Edit: Then again maybe not, watched some videos of the demo and the animations/combat makes my eye twitch lol.

the animations are still top notch 14 years on, what are you talking about?

You're messing with me right? Watch towards the end and tell me that those rogue animations are "top notch". Actually don't bother because even if you do you're delusional.

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Without full LOOT this is a fucking kids game. I owned this game back then, no need to relive the past.
    laseritHatefull
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Wizbuiz said:
    Without full LOOT this is a fucking kids game. I owned this game back then, no need to relive the past.
    lol

They're all kids games and most immature players I've ever encountered are in full loot games. 
    HatefullPalebane

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I thought would be a good thread to post that i just watched ....again for the third time the Warcraft movie.I thoroughly enjoyed it a lot even after 3x,if only Blizzard could deliver such an experience.
    You know how many people make excuses about Art style,well the Warcraft movie uses the EXACT same Art style but it looks a hell of a lot better,to the point Wow looks awful and imo always did even back in 2005.

The story within the movie delivered a pretty good feel for the ORC clan,family,passion even love and sacrifice.When you or i played Wow it has ZERO feeling,i never once felt like i was part of something,it just feels like computer code ,walking through yellow markers and warpoing to dungeons to get loot.

How much LOOT was talked about within the Warcraft movie?>>NONE,it was there to deliver a story and background into the Warcraft lore.Sure not perfect or even fully done,remember it is a movie with a budget,it can't be a week long movieso it had to pick parts using GulDan..Medihv,the humans ..and some Orcs.
    When you play Wow,you VEE LINE right for a npc with a yellow marker over it's head,how many markers in the Warcraft movie?NONE,you see the movie did a great job of delivering a story/lore weather you think it is done accurately does not matter because when you play Wow you get no feel for anything,it is like you are running around doing errands and you don't follow any clan or leader,you follow those yellow markers.

To be a really good video game,you have to deliver the "experience"and the keyword i always use is immersion,i felt that watching the movie,i never once felt it playing Wow.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Amathe said:
    I miss the very old days when WoW PvP consisted of gathering at Southshore/Tarren Mill and beating the crap out of each other, for no reward other than the fun of beating the crap out of each other. No battleground. No structure. Just raw malice, muhahahahahaha. 
    I think the focus on rewards really killed the pvp in this game and has been fairly detrimental to the genre in general.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.