Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Returning & Potential Players Can Play for Free This Weekend - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    can almost feel how they add microstore to classic server :D
    Seelinnikoi
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Want people to buy the sale I'm guessing.
    Seelinnikoi

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

Grunty said:

I left Asheron's Call because I was bored after four years of daily play.  I left WOW after maybe six months because I as bored.

So you never liked WoW.....cool story bro.
    Seelinnikoi
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    edited March 2019
    time to go back and do some story content

btw if u dont have BFA

"The Battle for Azeroth trial experience ends after three hours of game play in Battle for Azeroth, or after the quest "We Need Each Other" (for Horde) or "A Nation Divided" (for Alliance), whichever comes first"
    Seelinnikoigervaise1
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Viper482 said:

Grunty said:

I left Asheron's Call because I was bored after four years of daily play.  I left WOW after maybe six months because I as bored.

So you never liked WoW.....cool story bro.
    Better to say he never liked it than storm the forums demanding change. Too many people these days go beyond giving their impressions and instead pour their hatred for it all over place and cry that things don’t change. This is how niche games end up alienating their faithful players and go under. If a game doesn’t suit you it wasn’t designed for you in mind. ESO, and FF14 are examples of games that changed to fit their target audience so in the end it worked out. The unfortunately it’s that same crowd that bombards indie niche games and ruin them. 

Sorry, rant over. 
    SeelinnikoiGrunty
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Blizzard is realizing that Players stopped asking them nicely and are now letting their Wallets do the talking. We warned you Blizzard.
    I will not be playing the Free Weekend nor subscribing. Enjoying Division 2 so much.
    If Vanilla WoW is not Vanilla when the time comes, Blizzard will be in deeper perils.
    SeelinnikoiGaladourn

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• RadakillRadakill Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Real question here is... do I really want to spend all that download time, setup, plugins etc just for a weekend?

Um.... no. I dont.

This multi BILLION dollar company can afford to let people play for a month free, anything less, waste of time.
  • informativezinformativez Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    Why is the download like 35 gig? Wont be done downloading until AFTER the free weekend so FTS
  • informativezinformativez Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    No wait it's 55 GB!
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Agreed, cant wait to download 20-30 gb just to play for 2 days. It should have been a free week at least...
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Just in time for the free weekend! 

Which category are YOU in? :D

rojoArcueidThupli[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    SBFord said:

I'm in the JoJo category <3

Blizz can keep their free weekend. My WoW sub ends in 10 days and will stay that way until next expansion. My next sub is for XIV.
    SBFord[Deleted User]

• nfacatriusnfacatrius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    They only do this because ffxiv hosts their tokyo fan fest with all info about shadowbringers.

Wouldnt be the first time as i can remember that wow patch 7m1 hit live "just as" ffxiv stormblood launched. Yea it isnt obvious *rolls eyes

I for myself wont even play classic on retail servers.

They have not changed anything fundamental which led to the name beta for azeroth and yet said "rejoin us"
    I had a few friends who bought Beta for Azeroth and asked me to resub with them. They all quit after only 1-2 weeks and none resubbed...
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited March 2019
    So....logged in today to say "hi" to my Blood Death Knight. Of the three Emissary Quests, one gives gold, 2 give Azerite Power. Of ALL the available world quests, not a single one gives an item above 355. Now, I haven't played for 3 months so I'm a bit behind gear-wise so this just struck me as so funny. :D

I did get one 400 iLevel item from doing the Darkshore Warfront so at least there's that. Also, I finished the Zandalari unlock quest line, but to be honest? It feels exactly the same as it did when I left. After this free weekend, I'm going to stay out until 8.2 when at least there's a new zone to explore and new features added (including flying, I'm pretty sure).

Just FYI! :D
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I found out that my other comp got the game still installed, I just downloaded a 2-3gb patch and was ready to go. Did 2-3 dungeons, 1-2 battlegrounds and then found myself sitting in ogrimmar doing nothing.... Well at least I know now if i resubbed I wouldnt have played more than 1-2 days...

Also all my friend list was empty, or they were playing destiny or hearthstone...
    I actually felt quite sad about the state of WOW... but i must admit it is still more polished then all these new sandbox games that are popping up.
    SBFord
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Can't even be bothered to install it. It'd take longer than this weekend just to get all my addons in working order.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    SBFord said:

Jooooojooooo

Omg Joseph

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I haven't played Wow in years so I tried this free weekend trial. After one hour I uninstalled it. I just couldn't get into it again. I ran around and thought about what a waste of time from the games I play.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited March 2019
    Hariken said:
    I haven't played Wow in years so I tried this free weekend trial. After one hour I uninstalled it. I just couldn't get into it again. I ran around and thought about what a waste of time from the games I play.
    Yeah, I think free weekends only work on multiplayer games like Call of Duty and similar games. There you can jump into a few matches real quick and decide if it's worth buying.

In mmorpgs where you have to dedicate a lot of time to grow a character, engage in the story, and put much effort to get gear ready for group content, a free weekend is not enough time to make any decision other than getting bored and deleting the game.

They would have to give at least a week or 14 day of unrestricted trial.

My thoughts.
    cagan

Hariken said:
    Yeah, I think free weekends only work on multiplayer games like Call of Duty and similar games. There you can jump into a few matches real quick and decide if it's worth buying.

In mmorpgs where you have to dedicate a lot of time to grow a character, engage in the story, and put much effort to get gear ready for group content, a free weekend is not enough time to make any decision other than getting bored and deleting the game.

They would have to give at least a week or 14 day of unrestricted trial.

My thoughts.
    Also BFA was very restricted, i wasnt able to get access to it other than the trial character you create... I spent a few hours on my legion characters, got bored and that was it...
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Logged in for 3 hours, leveled from 110 - 120. Logged out. Didn't worry about gear since I probably won't be sticking around. Still got time to decide if I want to grind gold for a sub or never play again.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.