Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic to Feature Alterac Valley v1.12 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Classic to Feature Alterac Valley v1.12 - MMORPG.com

The World of Warcraft Classic forum has a new post from community manager Kalvax to let players know that Alterac Valley, a PvP battleground, will be included when PvP is ready to launch. The v1.12 version of Alterac is "before the introduction of reinforcements, and before the removal of Commanders and Lieutenants. There will be a single way to win: Defeating the opposing faction's leader.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Will there be a time limit? AV back then would literally take days to end one match sometimes. You could log out in the match, come back later, log back in and have it still going.
    Seelinnikoimike32927matsuzinjimmywolfHatefull
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited March 2019
    Does 1.12 still contain Korrack? If not I'm disappointed

edit: Shit he was removed in 1.10 :(

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Will there be a time limit? AV back then would literally take days to end one match sometimes. You could log out in the match, come back later, log back in and have it still going.
    If they're going strictly by 1.12, then there will be no time limit. Better lay in the supplies!
    [Deleted User]SeelinnikoiHatefull

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited March 2019

laserit said:

In the article itself and on the WoW forum, it reads, "Korak the Bloodrager was removed, and killing opposing players no longer drops items like Dwarf Spines, Orc Teeth, or Human Bone Chips. Gross."
    Seelinnikoi

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Korrak is not part of 1.12, the quest now involves winning a match.

I'm puzzled as to why this is even newsworthy. Did the players think that AV would have worked like retail? Also what do they mean by "launched when the game launches" are we to understand that the honor system will be in place on day 1?
    Seelinnikoi
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SBFord said:

laserit said:

In the article itself and on the WoW forum, it reads, "Korak the Bloodrager was removed, and killing opposing players no longer drops items like Dwarf Spines, Orc Teeth, or Human Bone Chips. Gross."
    IMHO this bit of news really sucks.

I was so looking forward to old school Alterac Valley :(
    SeelinnikoiHatefullManWithNoTan

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
    AV will be open on Day 1?! Normally, I stubbornly avoid power-leveling, but to be involved in the earliest (and likely silliest) AV matches, I just might go power-level for this one!
    BruceYeeSeelinnikoijimmywolf
    edited March 2019
    Halibrand said:
    AV will be open on Day 1?! Normally, I stubbornly avoid power-leveling, but to be involved in the earliest (and likely silliest) AV matches, I just might go power-level for this one!
    Honestly, that's my interpretation based on the post not saying otherwise. I'll remove that particular language to avoid confusion and pending developer statements on when it will launch.

Totally my fault, btw. They have said in a post linked on the forum that PvP details aren't quite ready and the timeline for its inclusion in Classic isn't nailed down.
    Seelinnikoi

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:

Halibrand said:

Honestly, that's my interpretation based on the post not saying otherwise. I'll remove that particular language to avoid confusion and pending developer statements on when it will launch.

Totally my fault, btw. They have said in a post linked on the forum that PvP details aren't quite ready and the timeline for its inclusion in Classic isn't nailed down.

Manchild sad :(
    Seelinnikoi
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited March 2019
    Those 4-12 hours long Alterac battles were the most fun PvP experience in my life. Despite me having ~2000ms ping while playing through satellite dish in the winter of 2006 (or 2005?)
    ArskaaaBruceYeeSeelinnikoimike32927Psym0nHatefull

Thank you for your time!

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Damn I'm really excited about classic... not really sure what that says about games in the last few years. Even if there are good games that can catch my attention they can't keep it(talking about MMORPG's only)
    Seelinnikoi
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419

Halibrand said:

I'm curious. Since this will be a brand new server with everyone starting at Level 1, who will power level you?
    Seelinnikoi
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited March 2019
    so much for vanilla :)

vanilla didn't have BGs, knew it.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]SeelinnikoimcrippinsGaladournjimmywolfPsym0nThupliManWithNoTan

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Cazriel said:

Halibrand said:

I'm curious. Since this will be a brand new server with everyone starting at Level 1, who will power level you?

There's a difference between playing twelve hours a day, trying to level as fast as possible and ignoring everything that slows you down, and playing three hours a day, finishing zones before you move on, staring at the auction house, crafting/gathering and socializing. I normally do the latter.

Being carried by someone else is a good way to power-level, but it mostly certainly is not the only way. As for WoW Classic, I expect the server first level 60 will be part of an aoe-Mage grind team.

I likely won't be playing a Mage or Hunter, and likely won't be part of a grind team. But I could get to 60 on my own by day five if I wanted to, instead of the two-four months it would normally take me. Call it what you will, but to me, that's power-leveling.
    [Deleted User]mallettjtSeelinnikoimike32927
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Fan-freaking-tastic!
    Seelinnikoi
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102

SBFord said:

Halibrand said:

It's not your fault suzie. It's metzen's for not staying. WHY DID YOU LEAVE CYBER DAD!
    Seelinnikoi
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited March 2019
    I miss the very old days when WoW PvP consisted of gathering at Southshore/Tarren Mill and beating the crap out of each other, for no reward other than the fun of beating the crap out of each other. No battleground. No structure. Just raw malice, muhahahahahaha. 
    Seelinnikoimike32927BeezerbeezHatefullPalebane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Amathe said:
    I miss the very old days when WoW PvP consisted of gathering at Southshore/Tarren Mill and beating the crap out of each other, for no reward other than the fun of beating the crap out of each other. No battleground. No structure. Just raw malice, muhahahahahaha. 
    so you liked being in a blob of people spamming aoe pushing back and forth between 2 points for hours on end? GW2 offers that if you need to get your fix.
    SeelinnikoijimmywolfThupli
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Thane said:

Ok you lost me. What?
    SeelinnikoiThupli

You stay sassy!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    DrunkWolf said:
    Amathe said:
    so you liked being in a blob of people spamming aoe pushing back and forth between 2 points for hours on end? GW2 offers that if you need to get your fix.
    In those days you were often fighting against people you knew. It was just the folks on your server - not a sea of nameless strangers like modern WoW and GW2. So yes there was some fun in that. 
    mike32927Palebane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited March 2019
    The more I read the more intrigued I am by this, I never really played much of WoW but this sounds like it could be fun.

Edit: Then again maybe not, watched some videos of the demo and the animations/combat makes my eye twitch lol.
  • DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37

Amathe said:

DrunkWolf said:

Amathe said:

In those days you were often fighting against people you knew. It was just the folks on your server - not a sea of nameless strangers like modern WoW and GW2. So yes there was some fun in that. 

Over time you got to know the opposing players and respect was earned in a lot of cases. SS/TM was always fun, but don't forget us Hordies ganking Goldshire, or Ally paying Cross Roads a visit. And on the PvP server fighting over summoning stones. :)

Not sure how long the fun will last on the classic server, but it should be fun for a bit. At least for me anyway.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Who else can't wait for the raid geared tank and his 3 raid geared pocket healers in BG's?
    Palebane
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Thane said:

Yes it did.
    Hatefull
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

The more I read the more intrigued I am by this, I never really played much of WoW but this sounds like it could be fun.

Edit: Then again maybe not, watched some videos of the demo and the animations/combat makes my eye twitch lol.

the animations are still top notch 14 years on, what are you talking about?