Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Towers Open World Survival Game Takes Inspiration from Ghibli Films, Breath of the Wild & More - MM

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageTowers Open World Survival Game Takes Inspiration from Ghibli Films, Breath of the Wild & More - MMORPG.com News

A new game has surfaced with its first prototype trailer. Called "Towers", the game is said to take inspiration from Breath of the Wild, Studio Ghibli, Harvest Moon and more. Towers features gliders, climbing, farming, town building and cooperative multiplayer. The team at Dreamlit Entertainment consists of just six developers, the "core founders and developers of Hawken, a mech shooter from 2012, according to IGN.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    Here is a prototype trailer that they shared as it looks really cool:
    3domFlyByKnightHatefull
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Hopefully the Ghibli film it takes inspiration from is the incredible, breathtaking Princess Mononoke, and not the obnoxious, overrated Spirited Away.
    jarsku85sausagemix
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This was me before the trailer:

After the trailer:

[Deleted User][Deleted User]bobbymcswansonSovrath[Deleted User]TokkenCyberFrogTacticalZombehValdheimbcbullyand 2 others.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    edited March 2019
    @suzieford they also have a legit weebsite instead of facebook: https://www.dreamlit.games/ there's not much on it though, other than the video and a link to their FB page ;)
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Masks created by "My face is tired" devs.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    What a setting for a MMORPG...survival game...sigh.

Nasa said:

Masks created by "My face is tired" devs.

Is that what they call the core guys from Hawken?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    We got some Lord of the Flies, Lost Boys, anime stuff going on here....I can dig this
    Valdheim
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Aeander said:

Hopefully the Ghibli film it takes inspiration from is the incredible, breathtaking Princess Mononoke, and not the obnoxious, overrated Spirited Away.

They are both great in their own ways.
    [Deleted User]CyberFrog
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited March 2019
    Aeander said:
    It's not overrated at all. It's a great film. On topic the game looks amazing. Let's hope they finish it as I don't recall them having great luck withHawken. Did they even have a proper release or was it always in beta? Well, "eternal beta?"
    [Deleted User]Panther2103NephethCyberFrogValdheimHatefullsausagemix
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Aeander said:

https://www.facebook.com/294912217821627/photos/a.300125173966998/300412433938272/?type=3&theater

google is your friend, no food ;)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Looks almost like surrealism.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    i literally cant stop watching this trailer, looks amazing. very excited except its most likely year or years from launch
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I'm very sceptical when it comes to survival games... BUT! I gotta admit, the trailer looked dope.
    SovrathFlyByKnightTacticalZombeh

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited March 2019
    Uh .... yeah. Just because the game has a great prototype trailer doesn't mean it will be worth a shit. Or has everyone already forgotten the Atlas fiasco?

Well now I remember it, I was trying to forget it, thx.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Uh .... yeah. Just because the game has a great prototype trailer doesn't mean it will be worth a shit. Or has everyone already forgotten the Atlas fiasco?

Shut up and enjoy the fantasy until the day comes. :D
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]TacticalZombehKyleranSovrath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    If the game is half as good as the trailer here.... Holy moly.
    Kyleran
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Thats the first thing that popped in my head when watching this.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I'm a huge Khang Le fan.  His art is just amazing.  It's nice to see him pop up again.
    Seeing his work is probably the main thing that got me interested in visual arts.

Some beautiful design work in that trailer.
    Valdheim
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Scot said:

What a setting for a MMORPG...survival game...sigh.

Since labels mean almost nothing, why don't we look at the actual game play elements?
    "This looks like a possibility of mixed genres something in lines of rts, third person exploration, possible rpg elements, story driven, with side quests etc......mix of TES series and settlers mixed with avatarian world like creatures and afkors nothing without evil LOTR uprising.... can't wait to see more?."
    That sounds like an interesting game no matter what.
    Scot
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2019

TimEisen said:

I was in until it was 6 devs and survival. The heart wants but the minds says not again!

Agreed, not sure why people believe six devs with a questionable record can deliver an amazing game in any sort of reasonable time frame, but hope springs eternal I guess.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited March 2019
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Aeander said:
    It's not overrated at all. It's a great film.
    Both of them are for different reasons. I love most all of their films. I'll keep an eye on this game for sure. The trailer is amazing like trailers can be.
    Whoa! Overrated? You need get out of your "wolf princess" costume more. :)

Anyway they are both great films but the music for me in SA is better.
    [Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited March 2019
    Scot said:
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Aeander said:
    It's not overrated at all. It's a great film.
    Both of them are for different reasons. I love most all of their films. I'll keep an eye on this game for sure. The trailer is amazing like trailers can be.
    Whoa! Overrated? You need get out of your "wolf princess" costume more. :)

Anyway they are both great films but the music for me in SA is better.
    Me too I love all of the movies especially  My Neighbour Totoro. Who doesn't love the catbus?
    [Deleted User]Scot
    Chamber of Chains