Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Returning & Potential Players Can Play for Free This Weekend - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Returning & Potential Players Can Play for Free This Weekend - MMORPG.com

From March 21st to March 24th, potential and lapsed World of Warcraft players are invited to a 'Welcome Back' weekend with the entire game made available for the duration. Even those who do not own the Battle for Azeroth expansion can try out the trial experience.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I'll go back for free to say hi to my favorite character, but I'm not resubbing when it's over. :D
    [Deleted User]BruceYeeSamhaelDhamon99klash2defArskaaaMensurMargraveWhiskeydustSeelinnikoiand 1 other.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    3 days sounds about right since that's usually around the time someone who hasn't resubbed for a while starts to regret re-subbing and counting the days left on said sub.
    Leguma11[Deleted User]gervaise1Dhamon99klash2defViterzgirSeelinnikoiApridiseGhavrigg
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 490
    For every 1 change they do right, they get 2 wrong. The game has become too big for them to handle.
    OhhPaigeyWhiskeydustSeelinnikoiGhavrigg
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    I've returned to WoW for free weekend couple years ago - just to realize how far the game design and gameplay dynamic went forward from ideas of games from past decade.
    Leguma11SamhaelDhamon99ThupliViterzgirSeelinnikoiVitaminK

Thank you for your time!

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I left Asheron's Call because I was bored after four years of daily play.  I left WOW after maybe six months because I as bored.
    ThupliWhiskeydustViper482Seelinnikoi
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Holst86Holst86 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    The customization options(armors, dyeing/unify color, character appearance...) in WoW is lacking and no real player housing for my RP needs. I have to say no.
    WhiskeydustSeelinnikoi
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited March 2019
    Have they still not let players fly in BfA? I got bored w the game trying to get Pathfinder in Legion. Do you still have to do a raid instance to earn that?
    Seelinnikoi

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• FreelancerNDFreelancerND Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Heh, originally quit WoW after WoTLK and haven't touched it till Legion. Well, Legion was even fun and kept me for whole three months in total. BfA? Was done with it before my sub month ended and have totally no clue why one needs to go back to that boring place.
    Seelinnikoi
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Obligatory:     C    L    A    S    S   I   C
    ThupliViterzgirWhiskeydustSeelinnikoi

You stay sassy!

• foufoufunfoufoufun Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Can we play Classic yet?
    WhiskeydustSeelinnikoiVitaminK
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    hard pass playing better games, enjoy the decline Activision this is what happens when you go full mobile.
    Tuor7ThupliSeelinnikoi
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Seeing how i never really liked it on day 1,then to play through a game made even worse,says i could probably just delete it off my HD and not care what they Blizzard says.My only other Blizzard game left standing is or maybe was hearthstone,have only played 6 games of that in last 2 months.I see that game dying out as well,Blizzard is losing a lot of it's customer base and seems very quickly.

Remove linear questing
    remove gear scores and gaited content
    remove the terrible auto aggro range deployment used in generating mobs
    Remove yellow and ALL hand holding markers
    Make combat fun"now this would take a LOT of work"
    Make classes fun and with more selection instead of choice.

This alone would make a huge difference at least for myself oh yes and remove AUTO dungeon finder,remove anything that is non immersive.Well i guess in a nutshell the game is just poorly designed,need to remake the entire game to get it right.
    Seelinnikoi

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited March 2019

Honestly, I think BFA was a filler expansion. Kinda like WoD was. 

Vanilla, BC, WOTLK...major expansions

Cataclysm kinda felt like a filler expansion, though did overhaul the known pre-expansion world, but I'd label it a filler expansion

MoP most didn't like for some reason, probably cause lol kung-fu-panda memes, but it was really good

WoD obvious filler

Legion major expansion, and one of the best

BFA obvious filler expansion

Old gods or lich king 2.0, lich king 2.0 feels like it also be a filler though since we already did WOTLK...honestly not as likely to me

So that leads to, Old Gods.

Tons of old god teasers in BFA. Either old gods are gonna be built up one more expansion and its gonna be lich king ...AGAIN..., or the REAL expansion they've been working on is old gods.

People who say MoP wasn't a good expansion are insane. I had a ridiculous amount of /played time between my characters for MoP. Well over 220 days played, and for the expansions since then, probably closer to 10 or less. MoP also was one of if not the highest skill cap expansion WoW has ever seen.
    etlarSBFordNephethSeelinnikoiPhaserlightklash2def
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I could add survival ideas,building,housing weather effects,etc etc,just too many missing pieces to a good rpg.Even within the actual dungeons,they look like a Baldur's gate dungeon,1990's type design,i guess this is from being a Diablo designer,making bad dungeons.
    Do ther games have great dungeons,pretty much nope,good reason to get rid of the idea then.
    Seelinnikoi

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    nah i'm good actually.
    PhaserlightRidelynnSBFordSeelinnikoi[Deleted User]
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Headcount for investors, they always are.
    Seelinnikoi
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

OhhPaigey said:

Cataclysm kinda felt like a filler expansion, though did overhaul the known pre-expansion world, but I'd label it a filler expansion

MoP most didn't like for some reason, probably cause lol kung-fu-panda memes, but it was really good

WoD obvious filler

Old gods or lich king 2.0, lich king 2.0 feels like it also be a filler though since we already did WOTLK...honestly not as likely to me

Tons of old god teasers in BFA. Either old gods are gonna be built up one more expansion and its gonna be lich king ...AGAIN..., or the REAL expansion they've been working on is old gods.

People who say MoP wasn't a good expansion are insane. I had a ridiculous amount of /played time between my characters for MoP. Well over 220 days played, and for the expansions since then, probably closer to 10 or less.

MoP also was one of if not the highest skill cap expansion WoW has ever seen.

Wow, that starter zone story was so bad in MOP I couldn't make it past it. After cataclysm I thought they would have learns, but they doubled down on mindless linear questing. Literally the worst intro to a game I have ever played. Just my 2C.
    Seelinnikoi
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

WoD obvious filler

I think this idea of a "filler expansion" may be correct.
    What it might be is that they have figured out that after a good expansion they can put out a shitty one right after and still make a decent profit.
    To teach them otherwise people would have to not buy the expansion at all though. With a cheap expansion the base price plus the 1-6 months of subs they get is enough to make them do it again I'm sure.
    Seelinnikoi
  • dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    AS i said befor........all good things must come to an end
    Seelinnikoi
    gammer 4 life
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Hmm I will check this out also, But purely for some nostalgia. I haven't been subscribed properly since Legion. I really loved Legion. I even enjoyed the artifact grind honestly. Battle for Azeroth just couldn't keep me. I don't even know why :(
    Seelinnikoi
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    WoW is still very croud. In Boralus its hard for me too walk with that many ppl around. When I come from work, there are always ppl around world quests, fast dungeon, bg, raids ques.

I switch between wow and ffxiv.. but I havent seen an mmo that can beat wow raiding or dungeon mechanics, ffxiv mechanics feels the same after a while, avoid red, glide, hide etc but I like the story and my ast.
    Seelinnikoi

• KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79
    If you think you can compete with Sekiro, you are gravely mistaken.
    SBFordSeelinnikoi
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257

BDO is the most expensive MMO I played, and ignoring cash shop, its still expensive cause gotta leave pc on for a long time to do anything so you pay for it in electric bill

Can you say more about this?
    ===
    And I'm waiting patiently for WoW going 100% F2P.
    Seelinnikoi