Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2 Players Reporting Stuttering Issues & Nvidia Patch Problems - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Division 2 Players Reporting Stuttering Issues & Nvidia Patch Problems - MMORPG.com

While The Division 2 has seemingly gotten off to a relatively smooth start, there are some issues that have cropped up since Friday's release. Some players are reporting graphical issues including stuttering and Nvidia-specific problems with the game entering a game client restart cycle. Others complained that co-op level scaling was broken, however, Ubisoft is already at work on a solution.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I have a core i7, 16gb ram and a GTX 1070, and the game crashes for me after 10 seconds of playing. Every time.
    SBFord

Joined - July 2004

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Yeah I think it was ACG (Angry Centaur Gaming) review i watched yesterday that mentioned stuttering issues happening on all platforms.

At least it isn't bricking platforms so this shouldn't be too hard to fix.
    SBFordHatefull

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 484
    Well you shut me up, Suzie. :(
    SBFordRhygarth
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Laughing out loud. The admins here are actually a good bunch, and genuinely do report actual stories when they see them.
    HatefullSBFordlaserit
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    DON'T! I'm just one person trying to cover the news and I always appreciate tips!
    Pher0ciousScot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 484
    And I retract my previous statements. I'm sorry Suzie.
    SBFordlaserit
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited March 2019
    Idk, its always something, i have no interest in this game since it feels like they had console controller in mind when they made the combat system. But the game just released and by now people should be expecting there to be problems around release, just hang in there and it will be fixed and then it doesn't matter anymore. So patience Daniel-San
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Jippiijoo said:
    Idk, its always something, i have no interest in this game since it feels like they had console controller in mind when they made the combat system. 
    In what way?
    I don't feel encumbered playing with k&m at all.. to the contrary I can be very precise and it's a game that rewards it.
    bartoni33

..Cake..

edited March 2019

sgel said:

Jippiijoo said:

Idk, its always something, i have no interest in this game since it feels like they had console controller in mind when they made the combat system. 

In what way?
    I don't feel encumbered playing with k&m at all.. to the contrary I can be very precise and it's a game that rewards it.

Its the duck&cover system that makes it feel so awkward in PC, to me it feels its made for consoles, its so awkward and not smooth movement which keyboard & mouse can offer over console controller.
    But like you said the aiming can be rewarding and thats why i hope division 2 will do great, i love aim based combat in mmorpgs, thats the most immersive thing for me and i hope division 2 will encourage people to make mmorpg's with aim based combat (i dont mean TERA and ESO style combat where no one actually misses any shots ever.)

But yea, my problems is only the "hit X to duck and your character will automatically run behind a cover and be safe" i'd much rather press CTRL and crouch manually if you want to take cover, it would give players more freedom in movement.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Jippiijoo said:

sgel said:

Jippiijoo said:

In what way?

Its the duck&cover system that makes it feel so awkward in PC, to me it feels its made for consoles, its so awkward and not smooth movement which keyboard & mouse can offer over console controller.
    But like you said the aiming can be rewarding and thats why i hope division 2 will do great, i love aim based combat in mmorpgs, thats the most immersive thing for me and i hope division 2 will encourage people to make mmorpg's with aim based combat (i dont mean TERA and ESO style combat where no one actually misses any shots ever.)

But yea, my problems is only the "hit X to duck and your character will automatically run behind a cover and be safe" i'd much rather press CTRL and crouch manually if you want to take cover, it would give players more freedom in movement.
    You can remap the buttons. 

Personally I enjoy using a controller, because movement feels more fluid with it, but aiming is difficult for some weapons.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

She got your number
    she know your game
    She put you under
    It's so insane
    Pher0ciousRoin

Jippiijoo said:

sgel said:

Jippiijoo said:

In what way?

You can remap the buttons. 

Personally I enjoy using a controller, because movement feels more fluid with it, but aiming is difficult for some weapons.

It has nothing to do with remapping the keys, no matter where you remap it, it will still be lock on target to the cover and your character will then proceed to run into the cover, if i remember correct if you are close enough to a cover and click the cover button your character will automatically run to the cover and go crouch and stay there, wish that stuff would stay out of PC.
    Rhygarth
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

I have a core i7, 16gb ram and a GTX 1070, and the game crashes for me after 10 seconds of playing. Every time.

I have the same set up and I haven't crashed yet but I know that doesn't matter when it's happening to you. Hopefully the patch will fix things for you.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Ginaz said:

I have the same set up and I haven't crashed yet but I know that doesn't matter when it's happening to you. Hopefully the patch will fix things for you.

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I opened up a support case, but don't expect much. We'll see. :)

Luckily I got this game for free after a gfx card purchase, so....meh.

Joined - July 2004

Ginaz said:

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I opened up a support case, but don't expect much. We'll see. :)

Luckily I got this game for free after a gfx card purchase, so....meh.
    Sorry, I misread what you posted.  I have an i5 8400, not an i7.  The rest is the same.

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    uhg and I was gonna pick this up tomorrow and I have an I7700K - 16GB Ram - GTX 1070....
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I've had the odd stuttering hiccup that lasts for a split second with my 1080ti. I haven't updated my drivers in about three months though, think I'll do that when I get home ;)

Other than that I haven't experienced any other problems yet :) 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    I managed to fix my stuttering and crashes myself.(obv. might not work for everyone.) But for stuttering what i did was turned on frame cap limit and put it below the refresh rate. and for the crashes i went to the folder where the 3 executable's are and went to the properties of them and ticked the box that said "Run as Admin". And i haven't crashed since.
    laserit
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Datastar said:
    uhg and I was gonna pick this up tomorrow and I have an I7700K - 16GB Ram - GTX 1070....
    I have a 7700k, no issues except for what I reported above.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• drsinisterdrsinister Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I have been doing fine, running High settings with Volumetric Fog and Extra Streaming Distance turned down. But I run DSR on my 1080p to 1440p. I run with an old i5 4460, 16 Gb ram, 1080ti SC2, game installed on HDD. I have not had any stuttering. I may get a few hiccups here and there but that because my CPU is sitting anywhere from 95%-100% Usage with the game itself wanting 85-95% alone. Granted I do not stream, just use Discord, XoC and my Internet Suite.
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191

Datastar said:

7700K, 16GB ram n 1070, no crashes suffered, been playing on n off since Friday.

Biggest issue for me currently is the cooldown bug with skills, mainly turret and seeker drone instant despawning then going on 15 second cooldown.
    Datastar said:
    I have over 15 hours played so far and I haven't come across any of the problems mentioned with the same set up as yourself, except I have an i5 8400.  YMMV.

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318

Are you running DX12? i used to have that problem in the beta but DX12 runs good for me now.

If you get crashes with both DX11 and DX12 then i don't know.
    But i've also heard disabling overlays might help, even uplay's overlay.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    i7 6700k, 16gb ram and RTX 2060 with latest drivers here and no issues. Runs smooth as buttah and looks as gorgeous.

Not bragging (well kinda) but I rarely ever experience issues with games. It might be because I run a lean mean clean rig and don't use it as a one-stop do all machine. Having a dedicated gaming computer has its rewards.
    laserit

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259

bartoni33 said:

i7 6700k, 16gb ram and RTX 2060 with latest drivers here and no issues. Runs smooth as buttah and looks as gorgeous.

Not bragging (well kinda) but I rarely ever experience issues with games. It might be because I run a lean mean clean rig and don't use it as a one-stop do all machine. Having a dedicated gaming computer has its rewards.

Nothing like running games on a fesh windows install :)
    bartoni33