Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam

ZdarcZdarc Member UncommonPosts: 23
So I got an email this morning "Report for duty porkpie - Steam is coming!"

[quote]

Cornered Rat Software is pleased to announce that we are about to release World War II Online on STEAM! Thousands of new users will be joining our ranks and we are calling YOU our veteran soldiers back to the frontlines!

Steam Release Plan

Starting on September 1st (through November 31st) you will be eligible to unlock your personal thirty (30) day PREMIUM ACCESS to WWII Online! You will be able to play absolutely free and all users both veteran and new Steam users will be placed into the same Campaign server, creating a very populated environment all across the globe.

Our Production team is preparing new vehicles and weapons for the game and our development team actively knocking out bugs, there has never been a better time to return to the WORLD AT WAR!

We are calling all of our troops back to the greatest online re-creation of WWII ever created! Population will rise dramatically, new content is underway, and CRS is under completely new leadership.

Grab your gear and report to your Squad headquarters. Check in on the forums and inform your fellow squad mates of this event! The beginning of a new chapter in WWII Online's history is about to be written, you do not want to miss this.

This Welcome Back Soldier offer will be available September 1. Stay tuned for how to activate your Welcome Back Soldier time! Get ready to report for duty!

***END OF TRANSMISSION***

[/quote]

Any old timers going back?

Was interesting to see "CRS is under completely new leadership." 

Comments

• SartoriussSartoriuss Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Well, now I'm temporarily awake and read some news about WWIIOL. Some references about wwiiol on Steam ..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251950/WWII_Online/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/251950/discussions/

http://steamcommunity.com/games/251950

http://steamcharts.com/app/251950

.....and some news about WWIIOL 2.0

We're planning consistent development of WWII Online in all forms possible and we're going to continue down this road of improving our game bringing you fixes and content where possible.

It is my personal mission that we always succeed as best as we can and that means looking at the future. I am starting to put together a plan of what our future will look like and our pathway to modernizing the game. As I've mentioned in the past, it is my intention to put together a second development wing at Cornered Rat Software that focuses on newer tech to help drive our forward progress. This is beginning very soon and we will be getting a group together to start developing newer gen assets and learn how to use the Unreal Engine (4).

Our primary wing (1) will be dedicated to WWII Online as we know it today. We understand it is vital for us to make sure we're giving you the best service possible. The goal in bringing this information forward is to make clear our intentions to ensure that we have a strong future ahead of us. To do so we must move seriously in the modernization of things in all ways possible.

In terms of a WWII Online 2.0, we're putting together a plan to achieve that. This will include a multiple phase battle plan to make this a reality. Since we are still a bit understaffed and have very tight resources it makes going all out on a significant project of that nature (scope and size) incredibly difficult. So our first mission is to outline the path of least resistance to achieve said resources and develop something within the realm of our resources and capabilities. With the clear understanding that there is no outside investment to come and we're going to have to do this together, community and CRS.

I will share more details of the plans as they are refined but the primary objective in mentioning this today is to plant the seed and be transparent, as that is what you deserve and we strive to provide. CRS will remain a hardcore realistic company focusing on war games.

To be clear; WWII Online is our flagship product and dear to our heart, we are going to be continuing what we're doing. If we want to achieve a second version of it, we have a lot of work to do and must follow a very specific path to make it successful. 

Link

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Too bad the whole Steam effort has crashed and burned.  Average of 33 players. 
  • ZdarcZdarc Member UncommonPosts: 23
    rendus said:
    Too bad the whole Steam effort has crashed and burned.  Average of 33 players. 
    It is sad. I was hoping it would kick start the game again as it really needs a decent number playing. It was one of my favorite games and I very rarely PvP. It was great as it wasn't based on how much money or time you spent "grinding" or even "levels" but I was also in a great Squad and with thousands of players it was alive all over the map. 

I think they missed the boat years ago unfortunately before the market saturated and most of the guys I ran with are now dead or in old age homes. 

If they do build WWII Online 2.0 I'll check it out but I'm done supporting multiple games and focus my play money on one or two specific games in development. These guys already had their chance even if it's under new management. Wish them the best of luck though. 
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Now they’ve locked down the Steam forums to just people who’ve “bought” the game.  An effort to Control the Narrative.  MMORPG.com part two.  Lol