Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Shots Fired, Area 18 & Lots of Lore - MMORPG.com

2

Comments

  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 2,993
    edited March 16
    theoccult said:
    Anyone else getting a Nar Shaddaa vibe from the video's thumbnail image?

    Thought for a sec this was about an SWTOR update.  :p
    My 1st thought ya. It's too clean to be Cyberpunk imo.

    You stay sassy!

  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,312
    Tamanous said:
    theoccult said:
    Anyone else getting a Nar Shaddaa vibe from the video's thumbnail image?

    Thought for a sec this was about an SWTOR update.  :p
    My 1st thought ya. It's too clean to be Cyberpunk imo.
    Close, but not quite.


  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member UncommonPosts: 234

    Already Uninstalled, why would i lie? hater? I dont care if i hate it or not, all i care is I tried to play a few hours, and kept dying to bugs. It is very frustrating. I am playing Stellaris now to get my space gaming out of me. I love how people on this forum are: OMG YOU DISAGREE WITH ME! LIAR! YOU ARE A HATER! No the game is still POS and in early alpha, maybe it will be great in a few years, i am ready to wait...






    Cagan never said someone disagreeing is a hater... but I was answering to yours own words: "I completely agree, it's a buggy mess. I see NPC's stuck inside walls, ships falling through the ground. I died multiple times as I stuck inside my own ship. Watching the streamers I thought it was quite finished. It is far far from it. I will try in another 3-4 months maybe."

    This a lie. You can now wrap it up how you want... Again, ten's of video's around depicting the very opposite with +45 guys with 10's ships flying/fighting during a couple of hours without disconnection. Of course what you describe IS happening, except it is happening in very well known circumstances or with very precise ship. If you try 100 times to go through a known bug killing you... you will die 100 times as well.


    If you want to participate to a project in Alpha, expect a lot of bad or fun experience. This is not intended to be remotely polished. Backers are testing not playing. Still you can have a lot of fun discovering new area or jobs alone or with friends.
    If you can't stand Alpha, stay away until it reach Beta.

    Early Backers (before Beta) are here to make this project possible, a game no Publishers will ever release (look at Fallout 76 and Anthem) as they don't care about Gamer community but quick profit only.

    Erillion
  • rodarinrodarin Member RarePosts: 2,451
    Babuinix said:
    Tamanous said:
    theoccult said:
    Anyone else getting a Nar Shaddaa vibe from the video's thumbnail image?

    Thought for a sec this was about an SWTOR update.  :p
    My 1st thought ya. It's too clean to be Cyberpunk imo.
    Close, but not quite.




    LMAO THIS is the typical video on Star Citizen. 3-5 minutes long consisting of a dozen or more 8-12 seconds clips all spliced together. 

    There arent many even player made video that show anything that isnt edited or clipped to hide all the issues it has.

    There also arent that many streamers. generally 10-15 with less than a thousand viewers combined. Those are the regulars who have had equipment bought for them and feel obligated I suppose. There are 17 people streaming it now and less than 300 people watching, 5 of those streams have ZERO viewers... but hey the Euros love it for some reason it might be more popular than the Hoff there....

    When they had the 'Family' Rpers go try it out, people like Timmac, and Mrmoon,and PMS proxy, Selvek and a few others they got up into the 5K viewer range. Theyre streaming GTA V right now (not even on the 'popular' server) and they get 8-10K combined there. None of them lasted more than a week, and specifically because thats what they got paid for (IMO). 

    This whiole thing defies any common sense thought process you can go through. All the accolades and hype are lost and wasted. "most ambitious yada yada yada" ,"most money raised by a kickstarter'', "most open development ever", "best graphics ever". You name it people have said it.

    yet there has been a 'playable' version for what 5 years now? They have SOLD dozens if not hundreds of different types of ships (more truthfully 20-25 ships and a half dozen versions of each I suppose) and more than half of those arent even 'created' beyond the jpeg stage. I am sure there is a concrete number of jpegs sold and actually created, last I heard it was less than 30% in game. But I dont want to be a 'soft hater' or whatever snowflake term has been created to not cause 'conflict' in a debate about one of the biggest scams ever.

    While it isnt vaporware. And thats ONLY because NO one ever thought they would have that much money given to them. It is certainly a scam. No way no how any COMPETENT group of people, let alone some of the talent this game has actually had working on it (most have left by now) could NOT come up with something much more 'put together' for the amounts of money they have spent.

    The whole "they needed to rebuild the engine'' was always the go to excuse. Well they have been working with Amazon and that engine for 3 years at least (some of that time in 'secret' thus why theyre getting sued) and there hasnt been a single engine excuse given. other than the Unreal engine sucks overall no matter what you think you can do to modify it. 

    But for 220 million and another 45 million (yeah I know thats for SQ 42 LOL) what you see is what you get. Give any cellar developer 220 million and see what they can do with it, and give them just a dozen people. Which is also a 'favorite' excuse 'they didnt have a large team until year xxxx'. Their team mimics their project...all bloat no float.
    Babuinix
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,312
    Ok....talk about being "invested" lol. That's straight out of "angry gamer" territory plus 9000 :D
    I guess the power of Star Citizen is too strong to cope lol




    Just sit back and enjoy the ride B)
    Azzras
  • AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

    rodarin said:


    Azzras said:

    I rarely pay attention to the comments ab out SC because it's the usual "fake game" or "con artist" crap spewed by people here every single time. The funny thing is I doubt they've even actually played the latest release. Just the other day I jumped into my ship, went and mined some ore in an asteroid field in the middle of nowhere, then jumped to one of the planets (I forget which planet as there are multiple) and then sold my ore for a small profit. After that, I switched ships and made a delivery run consisting of finding a salvage item in the middle of a moon, then delivering it to an outpost on a  planet. The game isn't perfect, but it's hilarious to watch the comments. I remember when everyone on this site said the game was  vaporware and you'd never even see a flight ready ship.
    It's also funny to watch these same people jump from beta to beta saying "X" game will be the best MMO ever, only to watch it fail. Keep up the predictable comments. Always good for a laugh.


    thats a lot of 'content' for 220 million



    It has more content than a lot of released games that took 7 plus years of dev time. Look at Wildstar, MWO, etc. Wildstar alone was over 7 years before launch. It was hailed as the "WoW killer", yet it makes less than $1 million a year and is in 'maintenance mode'.
    I'd rather wait for a game to get it's shit together before launching instead of watching another die out due to rushed development and corporate deadlines.
    Now go back to your EA masters and have fun.
    WalkinGlenn

    image
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,113
    Azzras said:


    It has more content than a lot of released games that took 7 plus years of dev time. Look at Wildstar, MWO, etc. Wildstar alone was over 7 years before launch. It was hailed as the "WoW killer", yet it makes less than $1 million a year and is in 'maintenance mode'.
    I'd rather wait for a game to get it's shit together before launching instead of watching another die out due to rushed development and corporate deadlines.
    Now go back to your EA masters and have fun.
    Wildstar is gone.
    Just because people hailed it as a WoW-killer and it wasn't, doesn't mean it was a bad game.
    It was kind of fun and it's instances were challenging and entertaining.
    Sadly it had other problems.

    As for Star Citizen having more content than a lot of released games that took 7 plus years of dev time... oh please. You're just as bad as those people hailing Wildstar the WoW-killer.
    Why do people feel the need to exaggerate so much?


    ..Cake..

  • AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

    rodarin said:


    Babuinix said:


    Tamanous said:


    theoccult said:

    Anyone else getting a Nar Shaddaa vibe from the video's thumbnail image?



    Thought for a sec this was about an SWTOR update.  :p


    My 1st thought ya. It's too clean to be Cyberpunk imo.


    Close, but not quite.






    LMAO THIS is the typical video on Star Citizen. 3-5 minutes long consisting of a dozen or more 8-12 seconds clips all spliced together. 

    There arent many even player made video that show anything that isnt edited or clipped to hide all the issues it has.

    There also arent that many streamers. generally 10-15 with less than a thousand viewers combined. Those are the regulars who have had equipment bought for them and feel obligated I suppose. There are 17 people streaming it now and less than 300 people watching, 5 of those streams have ZERO viewers... but hey the Euros love it for some reason it might be more popular than the Hoff there....

    When they had the 'Family' Rpers go try it out, people like Timmac, and Mrmoon,and PMS proxy, Selvek and a few others they got up into the 5K viewer range. Theyre streaming GTA V right now (not even on the 'popular' server) and they get 8-10K combined there. None of them lasted more than a week, and specifically because thats what they got paid for (IMO). 

    This whiole thing defies any common sense thought process you can go through. All the accolades and hype are lost and wasted. "most ambitious yada yada yada" ,"most money raised by a kickstarter'', "most open development ever", "best graphics ever". You name it people have said it.

    yet there has been a 'playable' version for what 5 years now? They have SOLD dozens if not hundreds of different types of ships (more truthfully 20-25 ships and a half dozen versions of each I suppose) and more than half of those arent even 'created' beyond the jpeg stage. I am sure there is a concrete number of jpegs sold and actually created, last I heard it was less than 30% in game. But I dont want to be a 'soft hater' or whatever snowflake term has been created to not cause 'conflict' in a debate about one of the biggest scams ever.

    While it isnt vaporware. And thats ONLY because NO one ever thought they would have that much money given to them. It is certainly a scam. No way no how any COMPETENT group of people, let alone some of the talent this game has actually had working on it (most have left by now) could NOT come up with something much more 'put together' for the amounts of money they have spent.

    The whole "they needed to rebuild the engine'' was always the go to excuse. Well they have been working with Amazon and that engine for 3 years at least (some of that time in 'secret' thus why theyre getting sued) and there hasnt been a single engine excuse given. other than the Unreal engine sucks overall no matter what you think you can do to modify it. 

    But for 220 million and another 45 million (yeah I know thats for SQ 42 LOL) what you see is what you get. Give any cellar developer 220 million and see what they can do with it, and give them just a dozen people. Which is also a 'favorite' excuse 'they didnt have a large team until year xxxx'. Their team mimics their project...all bloat no float.



    Odd that most MMOs crash and burn on launch by following your exact format. Throw some money at it and release. Later the game is either in eternal maintenance mode or is just simply shut down. So glad you love games to crash and burn. ;)

    Erillion

    image
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Azzras said:

    rodarin said:


    Azzras said:

    I rarely pay attention to the comments ab out SC because it's the usual "fake game" or "con artist" crap spewed by people here every single time. The funny thing is I doubt they've even actually played the latest release. Just the other day I jumped into my ship, went and mined some ore in an asteroid field in the middle of nowhere, then jumped to one of the planets (I forget which planet as there are multiple) and then sold my ore for a small profit. After that, I switched ships and made a delivery run consisting of finding a salvage item in the middle of a moon, then delivering it to an outpost on a  planet. The game isn't perfect, but it's hilarious to watch the comments. I remember when everyone on this site said the game was  vaporware and you'd never even see a flight ready ship.
    It's also funny to watch these same people jump from beta to beta saying "X" game will be the best MMO ever, only to watch it fail. Keep up the predictable comments. Always good for a laugh.


    thats a lot of 'content' for 220 million



    It has more content than a lot of released games that took 7 plus years of dev time. Look at Wildstar, MWO, etc. Wildstar alone was over 7 years before launch. It was hailed as the "WoW killer", yet it makes less than $1 million a year and is in 'maintenance mode'.
    I'd rather wait for a game to get it's shit together before launching instead of watching another die out due to rushed development and corporate deadlines.
    Now go back to your EA masters and have fun.
    What you described isn't more content than Wildstar had at launch.  Not even close.

    image
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,790
    Azzras said:

    rodarin said:


    Azzras said:

    I rarely pay attention to the comments ab out SC because it's the usual "fake game" or "con artist" crap spewed by people here every single time. The funny thing is I doubt they've even actually played the latest release. Just the other day I jumped into my ship, went and mined some ore in an asteroid field in the middle of nowhere, then jumped to one of the planets (I forget which planet as there are multiple) and then sold my ore for a small profit. After that, I switched ships and made a delivery run consisting of finding a salvage item in the middle of a moon, then delivering it to an outpost on a  planet. The game isn't perfect, but it's hilarious to watch the comments. I remember when everyone on this site said the game was  vaporware and you'd never even see a flight ready ship.
    It's also funny to watch these same people jump from beta to beta saying "X" game will be the best MMO ever, only to watch it fail. Keep up the predictable comments. Always good for a laugh.


    thats a lot of 'content' for 220 million



    It has more content than a lot of released games that took 7 plus years of dev time. Look at Wildstar, MWO, etc. Wildstar alone was over 7 years before launch. It was hailed as the "WoW killer", yet it makes less than $1 million a year and is in 'maintenance mode'.
    I'd rather wait for a game to get it's shit together before launching instead of watching another die out due to rushed development and corporate deadlines.
    Now go back to your EA masters and have fun.
    What you described isn't more content than Wildstar had at launch.  Not even close.
    Star Citizen is starting to have a decent amount of game mechanisms, but it has very little content. Those mechanisms feel nice to test out, but then you'll end up in a situation where you've got no compelling gameplay reasons to keep doing that stuff.
    MadFrenchie
     
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Vrika said:
    Azzras said:

    rodarin said:


    Azzras said:

    I rarely pay attention to the comments ab out SC because it's the usual "fake game" or "con artist" crap spewed by people here every single time. The funny thing is I doubt they've even actually played the latest release. Just the other day I jumped into my ship, went and mined some ore in an asteroid field in the middle of nowhere, then jumped to one of the planets (I forget which planet as there are multiple) and then sold my ore for a small profit. After that, I switched ships and made a delivery run consisting of finding a salvage item in the middle of a moon, then delivering it to an outpost on a  planet. The game isn't perfect, but it's hilarious to watch the comments. I remember when everyone on this site said the game was  vaporware and you'd never even see a flight ready ship.
    It's also funny to watch these same people jump from beta to beta saying "X" game will be the best MMO ever, only to watch it fail. Keep up the predictable comments. Always good for a laugh.


    thats a lot of 'content' for 220 million



    It has more content than a lot of released games that took 7 plus years of dev time. Look at Wildstar, MWO, etc. Wildstar alone was over 7 years before launch. It was hailed as the "WoW killer", yet it makes less than $1 million a year and is in 'maintenance mode'.
    I'd rather wait for a game to get it's shit together before launching instead of watching another die out due to rushed development and corporate deadlines.
    Now go back to your EA masters and have fun.
    What you described isn't more content than Wildstar had at launch.  Not even close.
    Star Citizen is starting to have a decent amount of game mechanisms, but it has very little content. Those mechanisms feel nice to test out, but then you'll end up in a situation where you've got no compelling gameplay reasons to keep doing that stuff.
    That was my impression from the media they've released.

    Alas, the content portion isn't cheap or easy to produce.  At least, not quality content.  That's always been a problem with the self-styled "sandbox" games: devs very often neglect to give the player any good incentive to engage in the mechanics they've created (notable exceptions include games like the Long Dark and Solus Project, sandboxes that also include narrative or story content to incentivize player exploration and engagement).


    We'll see how SC manages on that front.

    image
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,702
    Vrika said:
    Star Citizen is starting to have a decent amount of game mechanisms, but it has very little content. Those mechanisms feel nice to test out, but then you'll end up in a situation where you've got no compelling gameplay reasons to keep doing that stuff.
    It makes sense to first nail down the mechanisms and to create the tools you need to quickly generate the content you need. And there are plenty of ATV videos where they show exactly that - mechanisms and tools and the developer thinking behind all that.  Content is being added constantly. And i think this will increase a lot once they have time to concentrate on these tools.

    I hope one day the players get their hands on these tools too, so they can add even more player generated content  (at least in private servers).


    Have fun
  • rodarinrodarin Member RarePosts: 2,451
    Azzras said:

    rodarin said:


    Babuinix said:


    Tamanous said:


    theoccult said:

    Anyone else getting a Nar Shaddaa vibe from the video's thumbnail image?



    Thought for a sec this was about an SWTOR update.  :p


    My 1st thought ya. It's too clean to be Cyberpunk imo.


    Close, but not quite.






    LMAO THIS is the typical video on Star Citizen. 3-5 minutes long consisting of a dozen or more 8-12 seconds clips all spliced together. 

    There arent many even player made video that show anything that isnt edited or clipped to hide all the issues it has.

    There also arent that many streamers. generally 10-15 with less than a thousand viewers combined. Those are the regulars who have had equipment bought for them and feel obligated I suppose. There are 17 people streaming it now and less than 300 people watching, 5 of those streams have ZERO viewers... but hey the Euros love it for some reason it might be more popular than the Hoff there....

    When they had the 'Family' Rpers go try it out, people like Timmac, and Mrmoon,and PMS proxy, Selvek and a few others they got up into the 5K viewer range. Theyre streaming GTA V right now (not even on the 'popular' server) and they get 8-10K combined there. None of them lasted more than a week, and specifically because thats what they got paid for (IMO). 

    This whiole thing defies any common sense thought process you can go through. All the accolades and hype are lost and wasted. "most ambitious yada yada yada" ,"most money raised by a kickstarter'', "most open development ever", "best graphics ever". You name it people have said it.

    yet there has been a 'playable' version for what 5 years now? They have SOLD dozens if not hundreds of different types of ships (more truthfully 20-25 ships and a half dozen versions of each I suppose) and more than half of those arent even 'created' beyond the jpeg stage. I am sure there is a concrete number of jpegs sold and actually created, last I heard it was less than 30% in game. But I dont want to be a 'soft hater' or whatever snowflake term has been created to not cause 'conflict' in a debate about one of the biggest scams ever.

    While it isnt vaporware. And thats ONLY because NO one ever thought they would have that much money given to them. It is certainly a scam. No way no how any COMPETENT group of people, let alone some of the talent this game has actually had working on it (most have left by now) could NOT come up with something much more 'put together' for the amounts of money they have spent.

    The whole "they needed to rebuild the engine'' was always the go to excuse. Well they have been working with Amazon and that engine for 3 years at least (some of that time in 'secret' thus why theyre getting sued) and there hasnt been a single engine excuse given. other than the Unreal engine sucks overall no matter what you think you can do to modify it. 

    But for 220 million and another 45 million (yeah I know thats for SQ 42 LOL) what you see is what you get. Give any cellar developer 220 million and see what they can do with it, and give them just a dozen people. Which is also a 'favorite' excuse 'they didnt have a large team until year xxxx'. Their team mimics their project...all bloat no float.



    Odd that most MMOs crash and burn on launch by following your exact format. Throw some money at it and release. Later the game is either in eternal maintenance mode or is just simply shut down. So glad you love games to crash and burn. ;)

    thats why I said this thing would never ever release. Why would they theyre making enough to keep them and apparently 500 other people living comfortably and have been for the past few years.

    But the end is near they had to borrow money just to stay afloat, yeah I know that 46 million or whatever it was was for 'marketing' for something that doesnt even exist yet let alone ready for marketing. And since they got that 46 million I still havent seen a single article about SQ 42 anywhere.

    SC is the best of both worlds, they have subscribers, they have donations, they have a p2w model they have fairy tale promises and they have just enough people stupid and gullible enough to think it will be something someday. But its now come to a head I think they have been operating at a loss for 3 or 4 years now but cant do anything to show it. i.e. let people go because then the internet runs rampant with speculation and this thing already has plenty of that.

    Theyre n a semi hard timeline now. If SQ 42 doesnt release in 2 years then thats it, they may but themselves some time but SQ 42 is the end all be all right now.

    Unless of course they ''sell'' some other portion of the company thats worth 500 million LMAO bvwwaahaahaaahaahahaaa. That in and of itself is the biggest joke I have ever seen or heard. A 'company' that has more shells than a package of macaroni that all the white knights love to say was nonexistent 5 years ago is now suddenly 'valued' at 500 million because some billionaire who needed a tax write off gave them 46 million for 10% of 'the company'.

    I would say they have less than 10 million is physical assets i.e. computers, that movie studio, murals, coffee maker et al. And then whatever the I.P. is worth. Which IMO isnt much at all since its as generic as it gets. Theyre basically slapping R.S.I on place holder crap and calling it 'theirs'.

    I also see how some people are saying theyre STILL trying to get all the mechanics down. LMAO now its MECHANICS, they have to have an excuse for everything and as always the claim is once they get that then development is going to 'take off'. Just like it was going to take off when they got the engine figured out. They apparently did that 3 years ago so why hasnt everything 'come together'?

    Its excuse after excuse its delay after delay and its buying time after buying time. All of it by design. They have a nice little cottage industry going here. its akin to drug companies who could probably cure half the illnesses and diseases in the world but its far more profitable to sell pills to 'fight' said issues rather than outright curing them. Thus why its far more profitable (I guess) for them to keep this thing in perpetual development than it is to actually release anything. As long as Roberts and his cronies are drawing 6 and 7 figure salaries they couldnt give two shits if they ever have anything playable or not. 

    It may have possibly not started out that way but thats where it is now. I think the sheer volume of money they have been able to extract from simpletons changed their whole perspective years ago. That and I think they figured out not too long in that all the critics were right and they couldnt deliver what they said they could. But because they did have so much money given to them they had to put something out. And whats out there as I and everyone else have said isnt 20 million worth let alone 220 million worth.






  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,702
    >>>>
    And since they got that 46 million I still havent seen a single article about SQ 42 anywhere.
    >>>>

    Ever tried Google ?  ;-)




    etc.  (thats three of several from last two weeks alone ... i skip over many that are in languages other than English, linking just one in German for completeness)



    Have fun


    Hatefull
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,790
    Erillion said:

    I hope one day the players get their hands on these tools too, so they can add even more player generated content  (at least in private servers). 
    I'm very skeptical about us ever seeing modding and private servers. RSI is unlikely to want community servers that are exactly like their own servers, but give people all ships with LTI in exchange of $5 donation. It would undermine their business model.
     
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,702
    Vrika said:
    Erillion said:

    I hope one day the players get their hands on these tools too, so they can add even more player generated content  (at least in private servers). 
    I'm very skeptical about us ever seeing modding and private servers. RSI is unlikely to want community servers that are exactly like their own servers, but give people all ships with LTI in exchange of $5 donation. It would undermine their business model.
    So far it is still listed as an official Stretch Goal:


    4 M$ Stretch Goal

    "Professional mod tools will be provided free to all players."

    To my knowledge there has been no announcement that cancels this stretch goal. What we have heard is that private servers are one of the very last things on CIGs "TO DO" list. Because first you need a game to run.


    Have fun

  • rodarinrodarin Member RarePosts: 2,451
    Erillion said:
    >>>>
    And since they got that 46 million I still havent seen a single article about SQ 42 anywhere.
    >>>>

    Ever tried Google ?  ;-)




    etc.  (thats three of several from last two weeks alone ... i skip over many that are in languages other than English, linking just one in German for completeness)



    Have fun


    LMAO so hilarious you guys and especially you keep citing these nonsense road maps and schedules. they havent been on schedule for anything since they started this mess and you guys keep throwing those up like theyre gospel. But I guess when youre grasping at straws trying to find SQ 42 'news' to 'prove something' then you have to scrape the bottom of the Google barrel.

    As for the SQ 42 stuff nope its nothing to do with the actual GAME its to do with them trying to consolidate some of those shell companies I alluded to. "rebranding'' or putting a couple make believe entities into one make believe entity has zero to do with the game or it actually getting released.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,312
    The good thing about these star citizen conspiracy theories is that it makes the moon landing ones less crazy :D
    ErillionHatefull
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,702
    >>>>
    And since they got that 46 million I still havent seen a single article about SQ 42 anywhere.
    >>>>

    Rodarin ... you made a statement. I verifiably proofed it wrong.

    You are not very good with facts. This has been shown here time and time again.


    Have fun

  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,608
    Erillion said:
    Vrika said:
    Erillion said:

    I hope one day the players get their hands on these tools too, so they can add even more player generated content  (at least in private servers). 
    I'm very skeptical about us ever seeing modding and private servers. RSI is unlikely to want community servers that are exactly like their own servers, but give people all ships with LTI in exchange of $5 donation. It would undermine their business model.
    So far it is still listed as an official Stretch Goal:


    4 M$ Stretch Goal

    "Professional mod tools will be provided free to all players."

    To my knowledge there has been no announcement that cancels this stretch goal. What we have heard is that private servers are one of the very last things on CIGs "TO DO" list. Because first you need a game to run.


    Have fun

    Being last on a CIG 'to do' list means far, far, far, in the future. Decades maybe?  Perhaps coterminous to the game's setting?

    Snark aside, your point is valid.

    If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,608
    Erillion said:
    >>>>
    And since they got that 46 million I still havent seen a single article about SQ 42 anywhere.
    >>>>

    Rodarin ... you made a statement. I verifiably proofed it wrong.

    You are not very good with facts. This has been shown here time and time again.


    Have fun

    Remember that the next time you want to quote the Kickstarter as the beginning date of development. 

    Quotes from both of the big cheeses claim another year.   I think they're lying, as usual, but that's beside the point.

    If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,608
    Babuinix said:
    The good thing about these star citizen conspiracy theories is that it makes the moon landing ones less crazy :D
    Did you hear about the special Chupacabra fighter that CIG is going to start selling next month?

    If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,066
    rodarin said:
    Erillion said:
    >>>>
    And since they got that 46 million I still havent seen a single article about SQ 42 anywhere.
    >>>>

    Ever tried Google ?  ;-)




    etc.  (thats three of several from last two weeks alone ... i skip over many that are in languages other than English, linking just one in German for completeness)



    Have fun


    LMAO so hilarious you guys and especially you keep citing these nonsense road maps and schedules. they havent been on schedule for anything since they started this mess and you guys keep throwing those up like theyre gospel. But I guess when youre grasping at straws trying to find SQ 42 'news' to 'prove something' then you have to scrape the bottom of the Google barrel.

    As for the SQ 42 stuff nope its nothing to do with the actual GAME its to do with them trying to consolidate some of those shell companies I alluded to. "rebranding'' or putting a couple make believe entities into one make believe entity has zero to do with the game or it actually getting released.
    Its like your just spinning your own personal fantasy about whats happening while the game is being made, your literally just assuming everything in your head is reality.  Dude seriously they are making a game, its moving along nicely considering the scope of the project, just stop freaking out about everything you read by making up your own theory's about whats happening in someones studio.  Gezz.
    ErillionHatefullBabuinix
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,377
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:
    Tamanous said:
    theoccult said:
    Anyone else getting a Nar Shaddaa vibe from the video's thumbnail image?

    Thought for a sec this was about an SWTOR update.  :p
    My 1st thought ya. It's too clean to be Cyberpunk imo.
    Close, but not quite.




    LMAO THIS is the typical video on Star Citizen. 3-5 minutes long consisting of a dozen or more 8-12 seconds clips all spliced together. 

    There arent many even player made video that show anything that isnt edited or clipped to hide all the issues it has.

    There also arent that many streamers. generally 10-15 with less than a thousand viewers combined. Those are the regulars who have had equipment bought for them and feel obligated I suppose. There are 17 people streaming it now and less than 300 people watching, 5 of those streams have ZERO viewers... but hey the Euros love it for some reason it might be more popular than the Hoff there....

    When they had the 'Family' Rpers go try it out, people like Timmac, and Mrmoon,and PMS proxy, Selvek and a few others they got up into the 5K viewer range. Theyre streaming GTA V right now (not even on the 'popular' server) and they get 8-10K combined there. None of them lasted more than a week, and specifically because thats what they got paid for (IMO). 

    This whiole thing defies any common sense thought process you can go through. All the accolades and hype are lost and wasted. "most ambitious yada yada yada" ,"most money raised by a kickstarter'', "most open development ever", "best graphics ever". You name it people have said it.

    yet there has been a 'playable' version for what 5 years now? They have SOLD dozens if not hundreds of different types of ships (more truthfully 20-25 ships and a half dozen versions of each I suppose) and more than half of those arent even 'created' beyond the jpeg stage. I am sure there is a concrete number of jpegs sold and actually created, last I heard it was less than 30% in game. But I dont want to be a 'soft hater' or whatever snowflake term has been created to not cause 'conflict' in a debate about one of the biggest scams ever.

    While it isnt vaporware. And thats ONLY because NO one ever thought they would have that much money given to them. It is certainly a scam. No way no how any COMPETENT group of people, let alone some of the talent this game has actually had working on it (most have left by now) could NOT come up with something much more 'put together' for the amounts of money they have spent.

    The whole "they needed to rebuild the engine'' was always the go to excuse. Well they have been working with Amazon and that engine for 3 years at least (some of that time in 'secret' thus why theyre getting sued) and there hasnt been a single engine excuse given. other than the Unreal engine sucks overall no matter what you think you can do to modify it. 

    But for 220 million and another 45 million (yeah I know thats for SQ 42 LOL) what you see is what you get. Give any cellar developer 220 million and see what they can do with it, and give them just a dozen people. Which is also a 'favorite' excuse 'they didnt have a large team until year xxxx'. Their team mimics their project...all bloat no float.
    I don't think "scam" is the right way to put it, it is kinda more like Church of Scientology now :P

    Just need a million contract and they can achieve them same status ;)

  • rodarinrodarin Member RarePosts: 2,451
    Erillion said:
    >>>>
    And since they got that 46 million I still havent seen a single article about SQ 42 anywhere.
    >>>>

    Rodarin ... you made a statement. I verifiably proofed it wrong.

    You are not very good with facts. This has been shown here time and time again.


    Have fun

    your typical semantics nonsense. There has been NOTHING noteworthy  being said about SQ 42, as in something people other than 'insiders' or 'employees' can see about SQ 42. Certainly nothing 'marketing' related.

    I also find it odd that they went out of their way when this whole 'investment' was made to 'open their books' yet its now March 19 and their 2018 books havent been released. So once again so much for 'openness'.

    They havent updated their self monitored donation spread sheet in three months and they havent released anything noteworthy on any front other than the bombshell about the bail out eerrrrrrrr investment.

    You guys can cite all these monthly blogs and weekly videos all you want but they havent changed in their scope or agenda since they started them.

    When shown theyre completely broke and probably underwater at this point and have spent all of the 220 million they claimed to have been given youre living on fantasy land if you think what theyre showing you now, which is everything they have can be slapped together into a playable MMO in a couple more years and a few million bucks more. The ONLY thing keeping them afloat are the fumes that people are giving them here and there. And as stated since theyre not even giving anyone their own monitored updates there is no knowing how much they are actually (claiming) getting these days.

    As I have said for the past 3 or so years if the money stopped coming in the project would end, immediately. there is no 'money in the bank' or funds that can be used to keep it going, they have spent it all, and more than likely more. that we know for sure due to the articles and their own accounting of their books.

    Theyre basically living pay check to paycheck right now and for anyone that does that in the real world they know anything that happens that is an added expense throws everything completely out of whack.

    Yet these guys are STILL rebuilding shit that was supposedly good enough or 'ground breaking' when it was implemented.

    Its all part of the scam. When youre broke and running on fumes you dont try and 'fix' things that work, especially when there are so few things that actually do work with this abortion. It would make more sense to actually get things that dont work working or better yet put some of those jpegs you have already collected money for in the game. Where are the tanks? The land claim system? How about 100% persistence? You know that trifling little thing that every MMO ever has.

    There is so much wrong with this project you cant list it all. From the (mis) management of both funds and development to design to over reach to bloat to well just about anything you can think of thats why I said the list of things is too long.

    And there is nothing these weekly blogs has said ever that has made it anything different.

    The clock is ticking it really is a waste of time right now doing these same circular arguments. Until they release something on their tech demo server that works better than anything else they have released (beyond the half dozen 'game changing' releases they have already done) or they release a working and playable mock up of SQ 42 then there is nothing new to discuss its the same old song and dance.
Sign In or Register to comment.