Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare Responds to Anthem Loot Drop Complaints with New 'Lootcrative' Patch - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBioWare Responds to Anthem Loot Drop Complaints with New 'Lootcrative' Patch - MMORPG.com

The Anthem team has heard the tidal wave of complaints about the endgame loot system. On Friday afternoon, a new patch was launched that makes the "loot drop rate in specific scenarios" much better. The patch was launched without the need to download anything as the tuning updates were server-side.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    funny now that the division 2 has basically done things right how they suddenly give a crap about their players. Sign of a shady company right here.
    cmacqGdemami[Deleted User]XarktardMaddog666KilraneAshikurovelimiriusRoingastovski1and 3 others.
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    This loot patch is another Disaster. Making people do GM2 when there just geared for GM! and hard mode puts a bad taste in your mouth. You push into GM2 and after every mission and stronghold you feel no injoyment your just happy its over..
    Rastan1GdemamiXarktardMaddog666bcbully
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    How long did they take to reach "end game", a day an hour? Unless you have gameplay that lengthens the time to end game this is what hits you in the face. Not like this should have been a surprise to anyone making it.
    [Deleted User]Dhampir
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    edited March 2019
    Datastar said:
    funny now that the division 2 has basically done things right how they suddenly give a crap about their players. Sign of a shady company right here.
    There is a line between shady and incompetent.  I think it is the latter as they have no experience making a game like this.  Respawn regardless of what you thought of titanfall would have been a better studio to develop Anthem.  Unfortunately  EA showed little interest in them until Apex was a sleeper blockbuster.  

Well whatever their issue is the timing is still ironic.

• AkaradrinAkaradrin Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited March 2019

Scot said:

How long did they take to reach "end game", a day an hour? Unless you have gameplay that lengthens the time to end game this is what hits you in the face. Not like this should have been a surprise to anyone making it.

The main campaign takes about 20-24 hours long and your character ends it around level 23 (from 30). Then you need to do some contracts for the three main factions before they start giving you legendary contracts.
  • AkaradrinAkaradrin Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited March 2019

This loot patch is another Disaster. Making people do GM2 when there just geared for GM! and hard mode puts a bad taste in your mouth. You push into GM2 and after every mission and stronghold you feel no injoyment your just happy its over..

But people playing a difficult level harder than they must and getting frustrated because it is hard, is their own fault for rushing.
    Isn't hard at all to be equipped for GM2 just doing GM1 before.
  • Rastan1Rastan1 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Its funny how many people are bandwagoning on this game when they clearly haven't even put 20 hours in to know what they're talking about. The "I read whiny things on google and now I'm toxic" trend has now officially gotten old. Other than the Fort Tarsis part of the game ,it is amazing.

The gameplay is simply awesome. The loot isn't what everyone wanted and they are working on it. It's not bad tho. To say you can't play in GM2 is to say you haven't even played. You can easily get 1-3 masterworks on a legendary contract. You get 3 a day solo. more with friends. Takes just a few hours to be GM2 ready if you have done what the game clearly intended for you to do to get to 30. A far cry from the 4-8 months it used to take just to reach the max level on a game a decade ago with semi hardcore play.

I can't speak for everyone but I have a blast smashing things on my colossus.
    Soju[Deleted User]gunklackerAkaradrinGdemamiXarktardJemAs666Maddog6663domSplattrand 5 others.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Now I got immunity from the bad news about Anthem because we had too much in just two months. Right now only three types of news about Anthem can be interesting to me:

1) 50%+ sale

2) new javelin(s)

3) new types of weapons

Thank you for your time!

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    I'm super glad that Bioware made this decision -- more loot drops is step in the right direction. I really hope they can keep it up; within a year's time, hopefully the game will have grown considerably.
    AkaradrinJemAs666Maddog666
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

I'm super glad that Bioware made this decision -- more loot drops is step in the right direction. I really hope they can keep it up; within a year's time, hopefully the game will have grown considerably.

Wake up kid, Anthem died a horrible death.
    EponyxDamor[Deleted User]AeanderAkaradrinXarktardMaddog666JemAs666xybedout
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Im pretty geared and GM2 can be tough. I have all decent master works and i believe my level is like 640 (ranger). GM1 is a cakewalk, but GM2 is long and tedious. I did Tyrant mine the other day on GM2 and i had to revive this one guy at least 10x. I was basically trying to survive and taking pot shots at the boss. I would fly land. Take enough shots to catch the bos on fire go revive someone rinse / repeat. The boss fight alone took 30 mins. My problem with the loot is i keep getting the same stuff over and over. The last week or so i finally started getting some variety, but weapons are very scarce. I think i have gotten 3 legendary items total in my time playing and they were basically useless to me. I do usually do the legendary contracts on GM2, but i feel kinda stuck as far as gearing up.
    gunklacker
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Rastan1 said:

Its funny how many people are bandwagoning on this game when they clearly haven't even put 20 hours in to know what they're talking about. The "I read whiny things on google and now I'm toxic" trend has now officially gotten old. Other than the Fort Tarsis part of the game ,it is amazing.

The gameplay is simply awesome. The loot isn't what everyone wanted and they are working on it. It's not bad tho. To say you can't play in GM2 is to say you haven't even played. You can easily get 1-3 masterworks on a legendary contract. You get 3 a day solo. more with friends. Takes just a few hours to be GM2 ready if you have done what the game clearly intended for you to do to get to 30. A far cry from the 4-8 months it used to take just to reach the max level on a game a decade ago with semi hardcore play.

I can't speak for everyone but I have a blast smashing things on my colossus.

I wish people would stop using the trope that if someone doesn't love their Precious like they do that it automatically makes the other person "toxic". I played for a few weeks and got to 30. While I will say that whoever was in charge of designing the combat is a God damn rock star because of how awesome it is, it's the rest of the game that drags it down. The loot issue was only the most glaring. I let my Access Premium account expire because I wasn't haven't fun and it was often becoming a chore just to get to the good stuff.
    Thomas2006MrMelGibsonWraithone

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2019
    The sad reality is complaints over loot reaffirms what i have been saying about gamers.Are we playing these games as a hobby,for fun or are we more worried about the loot we get inside a pixel video game?

I tried to think of an analogy that carries the same premise/meaning and i came up with one from a sport i played many years...hockey.

Worrying about loot is like the guy on a hockey team that is more worried about HIS personal stat sheet than the good of the team.WHERE is MY LOOT,IDC about the game/team,i just want MY LOOT.On that same line,when asked about their personal accolades,they ALWAYS say the right thing to the media>>>"i would trade my own personal accolades if we as a team could win the Stanley Cup",they ALWAYS say it.The problem is that i feel people are just very selfish,they can't help it,they spent a life of learning from other selfish people.

Point is,i would be a LOT more concerned about THE GAME,so that it benefits everyone to have a better quality game to play.IMO Anthem is shallow,VERY shallow,maybe not as bad as a BR or a Moba or a ARPG,but still shallow enough to say,POOR EFFORT.Sadly all the developer sees is the big numbers,the millions of dollars they can show their boss/investors.This is the same reason they are acting,to save THEIR own face,they couldn't care less about a single gamer...person.
    Maddog666BeezerbeezNetspookFlyByKnight

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    The combat in anthem is good and diverse. As a ranger i can set up as a sniper, melee, primer / detonator for combos, i can cc with frost grenades or my masterwork sniper freezes enemies. I don't know alot about the other classes, but there are several viable builds. The shallow part is lack of content. Once you get through the story there is not much left. You can chase challenges, but only 3 strongholds are available. You can only do 3 legendary contracts per day as well. You can farm freeplay and events, but after a couple hours i am pretty burnt out
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Wizardry said:
    The sad reality is complaints over loot reaffirms what i have been saying about gamers.Are we playing these games as a hobby,for fun or are we more worried about the loot we get inside a pixel video game?

I tried to think of an analogy that carries the same premise/meaning and i came up with one from a sport i played many years...hockey.

Worrying about loot is like the guy on a hockey team that is more worried about HIS personal stat sheet than the good of the team.WHERE is MY LOOT,IDC about the game/team,i just want MY LOOT.On that same line,when asked about their personal accolades,they ALWAYS say the right thing to the media>>>"i would trade my own personal accolades if we as a team could win the Stanley Cup",they ALWAYS say it.The problem is that i feel people are just very selfish,they can't help it,they spent a life of learning from other selfish people.

Point is,i would be a LOT more concerned about THE GAME,so that it benefits everyone to have a better quality game to play.IMO Anthem is shallow,VERY shallow,maybe not as bad as a BR or a Moba or a ARPG,but still shallow enough to say,POOR EFFORT.Sadly all the developer sees is the big numbers,the millions of dollars they can show their boss/investors.This is the same reason they are acting,to save THEIR own face,they couldn't care less about a single gamer...person.
    Except playing video games isn't a team sport, unless you're into that e-sports hot garbage.  The motivation each person has for playing a game is their own and valid for them.
    bartoni33Maddog666Netspook

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 157
    The combat is fun, but it doesn't take long running the same events and missions over and over, recycle all the junk gear (usually 95% of the loot) and maybe hang onto one piece for its luck stat.... The fun combat just needs a mission system to go with it.(and better loot) I think I am in the high 600's.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Torval said:
    I read the title as lootcratetastic. :lol:  Good to hear they're fixing loot. In a loot chase game that should be a number one priority.
    Me too thought it had something to do with loot crates and rmt.
    [Deleted User]Maddog666Kyleran

• BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Could be random luck but out of 3 contracts on GM2 I got a legendary today, and out of two strongholds on GM 1 got 2 more legendary (current Ilevel now 726).
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    My drop rates on GM1 actually feel the same or worse. 
  • JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    edited March 2019
    Wizardry said:

No one plays games anymore for fun it seems. Honestly I think people just wait for a game to release then go to some forum or social media and talk shit about the game without ever playing said game. It seems bitching is the real game.
    ShadowStyleBRhygarth
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Aeander said:
    My drop rates on GM1 actually feel the same or worse. 
    Drops in GM1 weren't changed. The exception to this is some of the tougher enemies in all difficulties have increased drop rates (Legendary Ancient Ash Titan, Elite Ancient Ash Titan, Legendary Fury, Legendary Ursix, and Legendary Luminary).
    ShadowStyleB[Deleted User]
  • elfdragon21elfdragon21 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I am not at endgame yet, so I don't know about the loot struggles. My problem right now is that there are very few missions and trying to login is a nightmare. At level 8, the missions ran dry. At level 11 or 12, I started to get more missions from Yarrow. Right now, I have problems trying to get into the game. I usually have to try over and over to try and log in, and usually I still get kicked out of the game. This can all be fixed and probably will be, eventually.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Love the game and the gameplay. However they still need a lot more to it. Playing the same loop over and over from lvl 1 to 30 and beyond can and has gotten boring now. There is 0 variety in the game. Loot is one thing but how many times can someone run the same mission over and over before they get fed up?
    cmacqMrMelGibson
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

JemAs666 said:

Wizardry said:

No one plays games anymore for fun it seems. Honestly I think people just wait for a game to release then go to some forum or social media and talk shit about the game without ever playing said game. It seems bitching is the real game.

In his case he doesn't play the games. Just comes to the forums to bitch.
    bartoni33cmacqGinazTacticalZombeh
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    lol the loot is waaaaay worse now then before

gunklacker