Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big problem

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Legends of Aria could be very niche. 

It's about to release on Steam with a "potential" huge flaw.  That being the open world chat program for communication in-game.  Forcing the public to communicate using Discord voice chat will cause massive slander and plummet their ratings.  For now the game is only buy from developer site, people are silently quitting.  BUT going public with this huge flaw will be a disaster if not fixed.

As it stands your driven to Discord voice program.

It's the hot spot, it all happens there !!...If a player were to ignore it, the player would be completely void of communication, BECAUSE THE GAME ITSELF HAS NONE or close to it being only /say and /friend. 

The /tell NEEDS TO BE FIXED !

I'll attempt to contact developers and drive this huge potential for disaster home.  I'm hoping the in-game communication is the reason for the Steam delay and their attempting to fix it.

GdemaminatpickTokkenmikeb0817JemAs666

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Update,
    I put the word out to add /tell so people can communicate in game to key people on the official LoA Discord channel and made a topic on Steam.  Since the steam forums are not very active, I hope developers take notice. 

After all it's not just a "my complaint".  The average player purchasing LoA will not like the dis-jointed communication between playing the game and using a separate voice channel.  It will benefit developers in both sales and their ratings.

This is not proven, but one reason stated by someone was, they allowed players to create the same name in character creation, and they don't know how to proceed because of it.

Understand, this is not totally game breaking...... But it does prevent players to find others to play with unless you join official guilds given in Discord.  
    Gdemami
    So rather than wasting development time and money on an unneeded in game communication system they just opt for the third party one that the brunt of gamers already use, and would still use over any in game system.
    - In order to communicate, the player MUST connect to a third party VOICE chat program to do any simple transaction such as trade, talk or group.  It makes it near imposable to create guilds other than the authorized per formed guilds given in Discord. 

-The player is not aware of this during purchase.

- Players often DO NOT want to be on voice. This is more valid, with the general population that will soon be available on Steam.  To talk to anyone.... The player must ask the other player permission find their Discord name, minimize the game connect to Discord, find the player, and connect.....All for simple chat,group, or trade. 

Hay, I'm fine with voice... tell that to the other million potential players on Steam.... Lets not be selfish !
    mikeb0817GdemamiJemAs666
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    So rather than wasting development time and money on an unneeded in game communication system they just opt for the third party one that the brunt of gamers already use, and would still use over any in game system.
    - In order to communicate, the player MUST connect to a third party VOICE chat program to do any simple transaction such as trade, talk or group.  It makes it near imposable to create guilds other than the authorized per formed guilds given in Discord. 

Well that's not quite accurate.  You can talk to anyone near you.  I have traded, talked and grouped with people in game without the use of Discord...

A more accurate statement would be that you cannot /whisper or /tell to strangers (I believe you can use friends list to do so).

laseritMrMelGibson

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338

Legends of Aria could be very niche. 

It's about to release on Steam with a "potential" huge flaw.  That being the open world chat program for communication in-game.  Forcing the public to communicate using Discord voice chat will cause massive slander and plummet their ratings.  For now the game is only buy from developer site, people are silently quitting.  BUT going public with this huge flaw will be a disaster if not fixed.

As it stands your driven to Discord voice program.

It's the hot spot, it all happens there !!...If a player were to ignore it, the player would be completely void of communication, BECAUSE THE GAME ITSELF HAS NONE or close to it being only /say and /friend. 

The /tell NEEDS TO BE FIXED !

I'll attempt to contact developers and drive this huge potential for disaster home.  I'm hoping the in-game communication is the reason for the Steam delay and their attempting to fix it.

Just out of curiosity, have you played the game @delete5230 ?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Look at the bright side, by the time those million or so Steam players realize the game's chat limitations their two hours will be over and the devs / Steam will get to keep the money.

Flawless execution. 
    TokkenMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227

-The player is not aware of this during purchase.

- Players often DO NOT want to be on voice. This is more valid, with the general population that will soon be available on Steam.  To talk to anyone.... The player must ask the other player permission find their Discord name, minimize the game connect to Discord, find the player, and connect.....All for simple chat,group, or trade. 

Hay, I'm fine with voice... tell that to the other million potential players on Steam.... Lets not be selfish !
    Didn't you say it yourself that /tell and /say are a thing? So transactions are a non-issue. As for guilds... if the Guild Master can't be arsed to put the effort in to find members on discord maybe it's a good thing that he's discouraged from wasting other people's time by inviting them in his short-term guild.

Second point is valid, in fact I find the amount of information about the game that one can get from their site to be scant at best. I was interested in it, but since there is not an official repository for all the game's features I just moved on and lost interest.

Third point is... (why do I even bother) Have you ever used Discord? You don't have to use voice to be on discord. Also why don't the players use /tell if they need to buy something from a specific player?

I would say that it strikes me as you are just complaining for the sake of complaining and that there is not much else in your post, but that would sound a bit redundant since that's your trademark.
    MrMelGibson
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Hmm I played with a friend and we used discord so I didn't notice... Does it have group chat and guild chat?
    The lack of tell/whisper could be viewed as something good, it does add immersion.
    Also, the game is very early (I assume it will be "early access" on Steam), and maybe they just haven't implemented group/guild chat yet? 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Your just being silly. If the game has no text chatting at all and every communication has to be done outside the game through something like discord that's just moronic.  If it does have built in text chat, and hes talking about its lack of built in voice communication then I would agree with you.  I think I just read it has local text chat, but only if they are on your friends list?  If so that's bad game design too. 
    mikeb0817Gdemami
    kjempff said:
    Hmm I played with a friend and we used discord so I didn't notice... Does it have group chat and guild chat?
    The lack of tell/whisper could be viewed as something good, it does add immersion.
    Also, the game is very early (I assume it will be "early access" on Steam), and maybe they just haven't implemented group/guild chat yet? 
    Not being able to directly chat with someone you just bumped into in a multiplayer game could be viewed as "good"?  I would love to hear reason for this.
    goboygo said:
    kjempff said:
    Not being able to directly chat with someone you just bumped into in a multiplayer game could be viewed as "good"?  I would love to hear reason for this.
    You seem to be speaking of things you do not understand.

If you want to talk to someone near you, you simply type in game.  There are no private /tells unless (I believe) you are on a friends list.  Have not tried in a while.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

goboygo said:
    kjempff said:
    Pretty much how it works in FO76, only can chat by inviting someone to and them accepting, otherwise no chatting, not even /say

One simply does not just "chat" in the apocalypse. 

;)
    MrMelGibsonobii

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Just to be clear no /tell to chat with people around you. 

To message someone would be to telegraph in /say all around you.  To be fair You can add as friend and chat.  But you should at least simple chat before adding to a friends list.

With this being how it is..... NO ONE IS CHATTING AT ALL.  I had tried being friendly and say things in /say and they simply get ignored.  Everyone realizes it's not worth it.

However you will get friendly help. Players will heal and help kill something, but they scamper off knowing you appreciated it...... Zero chatting ! I

Played 4 days.  Found a professional guild, filled out the application, and got interviewed.... All this just to play with others.  ALL this to play with people. 

Am I happy ?..... Absolutely !
    I love my guild, I love the game and plan on playing for a long time.  JUST fix the chat or unknowing Steam players are gonna be Pissed !!!!
    mikeb0817GdemamiSovrath
    What Guild?

Kyleran said:
    goboygo said:
    kjempff said:
    Pretty much how it works in FO76, only can chat by inviting someone to and them accepting, otherwise no chatting, not even /say

One simply does not just "chat" in the apocalypse. 

;)
    Pretty much like how it is in Fallout 76 is terrible.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    "people are silently quitting"  - I am not quiting, I am waiting for the game to improve / evolve.  To me, it's pretty bare bones right now.  In game chat improvement would help. definitely.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

edited March 2019
    Tokken said:
    "people are silently quitting"  - I am not quiting, I am waiting for the game to improve / evolve.  To me, it's pretty bare bones right now.  In game chat improvement would help. definitely.
    I'm not quiting, love the game.
    I'm still only a few weeks in and have so much to explore find and do, it's complexity in builds is great, and still have so much to strive for.  Where other games It would all be given in the beginning and I would usually be bored by now. 

It could be more that advancing is harder to attain. For example I'm playing an archer with manifestation magic.  I have heal and the refresh spell in my spell book, but I want greater heal and teleportation among others.  I have a choice to craft the scroll, find it in a dungeon or buy from players.

I haven't ran higher level dungeons to get any special abilities yet. Special abilities are different than spells.  Their are a lot of these for each class, but the player can only keep 3 active at a time.....Some day, I could only dream for now. 

The guild says they will help me get them :)
    Post edited by delete5230 on
    I just had a chat with a Citadel Studios developer on this subject of dis-jointed communication between the game and Discord Voice.  In an off putting way, it seems they have no plans of changing or fixing the in game chat..... I was met with open ended answers.  This tells me the game will release on Steam as is...... I think  :#    
    Gdemami
    I just had a chat with a Citadel Studios developer on this subject of dis-jointed communication between the game and Discord Voice.  In an off putting way, it seems they have no plans of changing or fixing the in game chat..... I was met with open ended answers.  This tells me the game will release on Steam as is...... I think  :#    
    It's pretty obvious, Devs have no plans to add chat channels, use Discord or nothing.

Gdemami

Kyleran said:
    It's pretty obvious, Devs have no plans to add chat channels, use Discord or nothing.

I have to say it's a great old school mmorpg, if you can look past the quark development decision and ruff early development..... Its already a Full large game.

If ambitious, one is able to gather RL friends or already have a Guild, they can use /guild and /friend chat, or even their own Discord..... If not developers have Guilds in place you can join. 

I love the one they suggested for me :)
    JemAs666
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
     The player must ask the other player permission find their Discord name, minimize the game connect to Discord, find the player, and connect.....All for simple chat,group, or trade. 

EXACTLY! It's perfect it saves me having to put you on ignore, you are already there and I can just carry on having fun without you in my life! I applaud this design decision.
    delete5230JemAs666

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I never use in-game communication and if the game has it I disable it as soon as I log into the game.  I don't want to listen to a bunch of idiots screaming obscenities constantly. 
    Palebane