Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Nine Years, One Intrepid EVE Online Capsuleer Has Explored Every Reachable System - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Congratulations! Dediacation and sticking with a game is something only a few of us gamers can achieve, well done, bravo, kepp up the good work Capsuleer.
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It would be impressive if she just visited known (K) space but hitting every wormhole makes this an extraordinary achievement.

A pilot has to scan for the entrances and exits in each WH which open, close and move elsewhere every 24 hours or so, unless players decide to close them first.

Also no deaths, seems near impossible,  I've been vigorously pursued and killed in some areas of null so getting in and out everytime is amazing. 

Running is one area in EVE I'm actually pretty good at but she must be "the Master."
    H0urg1assPhaserlight[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>
    Also no deaths, seems near impossible,  I've been vigorously pursued and killed in some areas of null so getting in and out everytime is amazing. 
    >>>

Patience, using certain specialiced ships (sometimes even T3 ships that cannot be warp scrambled without extreme effort), using sympathetic scouts, using jumpers (instead of going through stargates), of course using cloaking devices, using bookmarks, to keep moving so they cannot probe you down  .... all of this ... but most important is patience.

Have fun

Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I use to create a brand new pilot and take off in the starter ship just to explore sometimes.  
    H0urg1ass[Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    This person has visited every system in the game in nine years, and I still haven't been to the New Eden Gate in 14 years.  I've probably only even explored maybe 60% of the game in that time.

Also, one of the reasons that this is a particularly cool feat is because it's really hard to do that much traveling and not die once.

There are a lot of places in EVE, where traveling is fantastically dangerous, no matter what size, shape or style of ship you're flying.

The Nourv Gate in Tama is usually mega camped by pirates, and they'll even strew garbage around the gates in a sphere so that you automatically de-cloak as soon as you enter system.  One insta-locking Stilletto on that gate and you're toast.  Or the Rancer system, which usually has fleets of smartbombers on either gate.

There are many many systems that just aren't generally easy to get through.  BWF, HED, Y-MP, Amagankme... etc etc.

Then there are the wormhole home systems with large, active and militant player groups like Lazerhawks and Hard Knocks who patrol their systems very aggressively.
    PhaserlightKyleran[Deleted User]Erillion
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Sandmanjw said:
    Not sure i believe this...i mean how could anyone ever prove that one way or the other? But loss or not, still a heck of a trip, grats.
    Other EVE players can correct me if I'm wrong, and maybe they took this feature out of Map 2.0, but I specifically recall a setting on the map that would highlight explored systems. 

Now that's just the main areas and not the WH's, but you could screenshot the WH's to prove them.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2019
    H0urg1ass said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    Not sure i believe this...i mean how could anyone ever prove that one way or the other? But loss or not, still a heck of a trip, grats.
    Other EVE players can correct me if I'm wrong, and maybe they took this feature out of Map 2.0, but I specifically recall a setting on the map that would highlight explored systems. 

Now that's just the main areas and not the WH's, but you could screenshot the WH's to prove them.
    EVE also tracks character kills and losses, sharing them publically through their API which drives every 3rd party kill board site.
    H0urg1ass[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I salute the level of commitment.
    [Deleted User]H0urg1ass
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I don't know how she did it; we can't even get out of our solar system

Sz :)
    [Deleted User]H0urg1ass
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Highly impressive, my hat goes off to you young lady.
    [Deleted User]H0urg1ass
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Sandmanjw said:

CCP acknowledged this achievement so they clearly have all the data to confirm it's legitimacy.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sandmanjw said:

CCP acknowledged this achievement so they clearly have all the data to confirm it's legitimacy.
    Put this up 1/2 hour ago. :)

https://www.mmorpg.com/eve-online/news/eve-online-celebrates-katia-sae-with-a-monument-in-the-saisio-system-1000052145

¯\_(ツ)_/¯