Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tyler 'Ninja' Blevins Reportedly Paid $1M by EA to Stream Apex Legends - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Wizardry said:
     that you are in essence being BRIBED to showcase that developers game.

That you are being paid to provide a service, which is legal and fair as any game developer can do it.

As usual, complete nonesene based on exactly zero fact. Thanks @Wizardry

TacticalZombeh

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Hatefull said:
    Wizardry said:

That you are being paid to provide a service, which is legal and fair as any game developer can do it.

I was wondering if anyone actually read his stuff. 
    TacticalZombeh
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I also heard EA wasn't actively trying to promote APEX due to conflicts with their other more expensive titles. So which is it? I suppose that could have been their initial plan, and they switched once they saw how much attention it was getting. But then, that would have been a pretty stupid move because Apex was already getting enough attention. Ninja probably would have been playing it anyway.

Since APEX was released suddenly with little fanfare I'm having trouble buying this rumour.
    1 million dollars is absolute peanuts when it comes to advertising/promotion. Big companies their advertisement budgets are just as big as their actual development budgets, these figures are insane, a 100 million and up easily. This 1 million dollars might actually be the best 1 million they have spend on the game.

Also major lol at all the people who have been dissing review sites because they were being paid and were always watching streams because those were the “real” players. That naivity has always surprised me.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Hatefull said:
    Wizardry said:

I was wondering if anyone actually read his stuff. 
    I skim through now and then, but honestly, in the time he has been on these boards, all he does is whine and spout conspiracy theories. You can, after a few weeks, pretty much write his exact posts before he even posts them, he is that predictable.

I give him a ration of shit whenever I can, just to get a giggle more than anything, I doubt very much anyone takes him seriously at this point.

In my book, he is the leader of the tinfoil hat mafia.
    Panther2103

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Xanzo said:
    Really, who cares? I don't watch people play games, so eh. It's like watching someone watch a movie.
    You've never watched a friend of yours play a game you've played yourself?

Personally I've watched friends of mine play games I've already completed, just to see their reaction during the good and bad points of those games.
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    too bad for the APEX has less than 1/2 the viewers right now on Twitch that that crap Fortnite has, seems their moment may have been short lived.
    Remember that in the long run publishers don't spend money on making people WATCH their games. In short term they do but who cares about the current Twitch viewer count when previously tens of millions flooded into a new game that came out of nowhere? Game revenues don't necessarily correlate with Twitch numbers. For publisher Twitch is just an effective marketing tool to get new players with. It's up to EA how they can monetize their huge influx of fresh meat. They undoubtedly managed to make a surprisingly successful impact on the BR genre. Of course they have market leading competitors too but still they might call Apex a financial success. And that success is not directly measured by Twitch numbers at all.
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    If they'd rather pay someone a million to play their game than have me pay them 60 bucks to play their game, that's their prerogative.

I don't think that's a very sustainable business model for EA or ""ninja"".  But that's just my opinion.

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    In terms of personality, I can't fucking stand Ninja.

However, gotta give credit where credit is due: the guy was an absolute monster when he was a Halo pro, as in one of the best players ever, and now he is getting "mad paid" these days to do something most of us love. Props to him for achieving the dream.