Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hit the Ground Running with Anarchy Online's Progression Server Starting Today - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Hariken said:
    Tamanous said:
    Hariken said:
    LOL, so this is to get more people to pay a monthly sub. for a 19-year-old game. And you people eat it up. No wonder game companies just keep screwing over gamers.
    Then don't play. 

Are you a puppet? Do you have strings? 
    Are you kidding me here? You are creating a Froob character but paying monthly for it. You can already have one free on the old server.
    Where did Funcom touch you?
    CryomatrixSinsaiMrMelGibson

You stay sassy!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Here I come full steam ahead ...WOOT!!!!

Hariken said:

LOL, so this is to get more people to pay a monthly sub. for a 19-year-old game. And you people eat it up. No wonder game companies just keep screwing over gamers.

Go play your F2P ROFL games and pay through your nose for them.
    Scot

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I enjoyed AO but not going to pay for a progression server. Have fun those that do though.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    If it was free to play, i'd think about trying it.

Then again . . . Path of Exile new league comes out in 2 days so, it wouldn't have mattered if they paid me to play it.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    This one needs a sequel. The sci find genre is still open imo.
    [Deleted User]Phry
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I am tempted to try out the f2p version. Anyone still playing it find it any good or a pass?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Rhoklaw said:
    Honestly, I'd have no problem paying for a 19 year old game. Why? Because it's better than current F2P games.
    Is its f2p version better than current f2p games?
  • Br1mston3Br1mston3 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited March 2019
    These kids just don't know (and can never know) the joy of these games origins.

There was a time when this stuff was new and gamers weren't entitled little babies.

I'd relish the opportunity to play Ultima Online, Everyquest, Asheron's Call, Shadowbane and Anarchy Online all over again with a fresh unjaded mind and heart.

Alas, those days are gone.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Asheram said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Honestly, I'd have no problem paying for a 19 year old game. Why? Because it's better than current F2P games.
    Is its f2p version better than current f2p games?
    The graphics suck but teh gameplay of the f2p is great...Unfortunately I dont think this new server has any free player option.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Br1mston3 said:
    These kids just don't know (and can never know) the joy of these games origins.

There was a time when this stuff was new and gamers weren't entitled little babies.

I'd relish the opportunity to play Ultima Online, Everyquest, Asheron's Call, Shadowbane and Anarchy Online all over again with a fresh unjaded mind and heart.

Alas, those days are gone.
    Welcome the boards! :)
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    All the owners should re-release the classics like AC, CoH, Shadowbane following Runescape's recent success. About half of RS's streamers that I've seen have been in their 20's which says a lot about the appeal of older MMO's for the younger generation. I would probably sub to all those games if they brought em back.
    edited March 2019
    I have forgotten but can you send items to alts in the mail and between factions? Want to roll  an engineer and crat one on each faction.

The lobby where you choose where to go was so crowded. All those people wondering why we love old games will be gaping if they saw how popular this is. Hope it lasts. 

We loved this game so what if it's old. I swear people do not know how to appreciate good things.The level of complexity is so refreshing. Forgotten what these old games are like in comparison to the easy street newer games .

The world on the new client  looks good but the character graphics are flat like the old game but who cares I AM PLAYING ANARCHY ONLINE AGAIN..... yay!!!

Post edited by kitarad on
    [Deleted User]

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    I would love to give it a try, but I don't like the idea that your character just gets deleted after the year is up. They don't even let you transfer to another server.
    Alpius
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    Phoebes said:
    I would love to give it a try, but I don't like the idea that your character just gets deleted after the year is up. They don't even let you transfer to another server.
    They said that RK2019 characters will go to the main AO servers when it closes.  The no transfers part is about transferring in characters to the progression server.
  • PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190

WBadger said:

Phoebes said:

They said that RK2019 characters will go to the main AO servers when it closes.  The no transfers part is about transferring in characters to the progression server.

Oh well that would be nice. I saw this in the FAQ though:

If the server closes, what happens to my character?
    If the server does end, characters do not carry over from RK2019 to the original server.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/rk2019-faq-read-me/56603
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247

Phoebes said:

WBadger said:

Phoebes said:

Oh well that would be nice. I saw this in the FAQ though:

If the server closes, what happens to my character?

If the server does end, characters do not carry over from RK2019 to the original server.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/rk2019-faq-read-me/56603

This is the main problem I have with this. I see no problem in paying for a game I enjoy, but just don't think I can really get into it if they end up just deleting the server and characters after a year, or whenever they shut down the server.

Hm.. well guess I'll give it a shot for a month and see how it goes, there are plenty of worse ways to spend my time anyway.

Oh and also, while this is a 'progression server' it is by no means a vanilla server. All the changes and fixes are still in the game, just you wont have access to certain content until the expansions get released one at a time.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I have been having fun but literally have no idea what to do I've just been grinding mobs and leveling but there's little to no direction which makes it a bit harder.