Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumors Begin to Swirl that Lady Gaga May Have a Part in Cyberpunk 2077 - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• GhostRider00GhostRider00 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited March 14
    More Like Lady Gag Gag. If she is a Lady Im the bloody Queen of England
    Scot
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,264
    Look I am sure there are going to be clubs. I doubt she is going to play anybody huge. Lady Gaga is a gamer.  When someone called her out for being fake she did a whole twitter thread about Bayonetta and talked about mechanics not even I knew about it. It's possible she was just a fan of Witcher 3 and asked if she could play some singer is a club or something.
    SBFordalkarionlog
    I changed my profile picture, sorry

Proud supporter of Ship of Heroes, Fractured, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, and Saga of Lucimia 

Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,877
    edited March 14

Awesome. I was just going to post something something about Yolandi and Ninja (the artist not the streamer) saying that if anyone needs to be in the game it's these two and some more of the S.A. indie music scene. These guys *are* cyberpunk. If anyone needs a reference they played a version of themselves in Chappie.

For another style I think personalities like Sia might work too. It doesn't all have to be rap.
    MisterZebubNyteWytch
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 2,936
    Arterius said:
    Look I am sure there are going to be clubs. I doubt she is going to play anybody huge. Lady Gaga is a gamer.  When someone called her out for being fake she did a whole twitter thread about Bayonetta and talked about mechanics not even I knew about it. It's possible she was just a fan of Witcher 3 and asked if she could play some singer is a club or something.
    shouldn't matter, still I hope not, even more if this was the case, then it was a no reason at all to have her
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,264
    Arterius said:
    shouldn't matter, still I hope not, even more if this was the case, then it was a no reason at all to have her
    I agree but it wouldn't be the first time a celebrity as asked to be in one there favorite video games and the company obliged putting them in small roles. People just don't like Lady Gaga. Plus like I said she is a gamer. Right now its all speculation anyway if she was even doing mo-cap. For all we know she is a fan of The Witcher 3 and they flew her down to check the game out.
    I changed my profile picture, sorry

Proud supporter of Ship of Heroes, Fractured, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, and Saga of Lucimia 

Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,877
    Arterius said:
    Arterius said:
    I agree but it wouldn't be the first time a celebrity as asked to be in one there favorite video games and the company obliged putting them in small roles. People just don't like Lady Gaga. Plus like I said she is a gamer. Right now its all speculation anyway if she was even doing mo-cap. For all we know she is a fan of The Witcher 3 and they flew her down to check the game out.
    Some people don't like her. Tons (millions) do. Some gamers just like to hate on anything they don't like. It reminds me of this hacker news comment a coworker posted in Slack today. Hit's the nail on the head for both developers and gamers.
    Simple:
    If X is a technology I don't like, and it's not working for you, then it's the wrong solution.
    If X is a technology I don't like, and it is working for you, then you simply haven't scaled enough to understand its limitations.
    If X is a technology I like, but it's not working for you, then your shop is "doing X wrong".
    If X is a technology I like, and it's working for you, then it's the right solution and we're both very clever.

SBFordArteriusSovrathalkarionlog
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• Poison_GirlPoison_Girl Member UncommonPosts: 34
    What a surprise... I hope we can see it very soon.
    SBFord
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 6,174
    Lady Gaga will do fine. You don't have to be Meryl Streep to be cast in a video game. Just be glad it's not Wil Wheaton and count your blessings. 
    ArteriusSBFordTacticalZombeh

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,203
    DMKano said:
    Scot said:
    Everything about her including her fashion "sense" says cyberpunk. ;)
    Again - i have to disagree. 

Her fashion sense was only there for attention grabbing and shock value.

Cyberpunk fashion is a lot more defined and focused

I think she is giving you her poker face right now...

"Mum mum mum mah
    P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face"

Just takes me right back to Neuromancer, soooo Cyberpunk.
    SBFordGregorMcgregorinfomatzalkarionlog

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 392

DMKano said:

Scot said:

Everything about her including her fashion "sense" says cyberpunk. ;)

Again - i have to disagree. 

Her fashion sense was only there for attention grabbing and shock value.

Cyberpunk fashion is a lot more defined and focused

Actually the old Cyberpunk RPG motto was, Style over Substance, which I think she fits perfectly.
    SBFordGregorMcgregor
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited March 14
    This news isn't exciting for me but it's cool for the game.

Still, the potential amount of wannabe-4chan retards who MIGHT flood this thread...

Wake me up when they get Rick Ross to do the voice over for Dexter Deshawn :D
    ArteriusSBFordTorvalGregorMcgregor
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BossChonoBossChono Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Meh being a fan of death metal with a soft spot for some dance pop I like a bunch of Lady Gaga stuff.  No idea of her acting chops but my friends seemed to like her in American Horror Story.  If she can voice act with emotion like she sang on many of her probably not as well known songs then good for her.  Whatever people's opinions on her music or style, she is an amazing singer.
    TorvalGregorMcgregorAsm0deus
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Not sure why people don't like her so much.  She seems like a pretty talented lady with a good outlook on life.  I think the more interest celebrities have in gaming the better.  There's so much misinformation out there (looks at the politicians) that having some famous people wanting to be involved in gaming helps the industry and gamers imo.
    GregorMcgregorTorvalArterius
  • JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Doesn't really matter to me, but i do hope she gets an very small role and also preferably the character could be killed or just getting rid of it somehow.
    GregorMcgregorLokero
  • GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Let's hope not, there is enough junk and crap in our games. Put her in the console kiddie version, they young whippersnappers like that type of bad noise! :)
    Scot

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,203
    This is the second time in a week posters have taken me seriously, clearly Lady Gaga has as much to do with Cyberpunk as chicken vindaloo does. But if it stirs (sorry) some interest in the game should that matter? As to her being a gamer, many celebs game, but I have heard of few who were not firmly casual and Bayonneta is a bit bonkers so that fits.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• nyapismnyapism Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Her hair look like she will be in the next JoJo live action film
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    The actual original article is questionable at best. 

However, the premise is not something new. GTA games have been using it a lot.
    As for Cyberpunk, I wouldn't be surprised to see her as a Rockerboy.