Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameforge Invites Everyone to the Guardians of Ember Open Beta Next Week

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGameforge Invites Everyone to the Guardians of Ember Open Beta Next Week

Gameforge is inviting all players to head into the Guardians of Ember open beta that is scheduled to begin next week. Existing players can leverage the Veterans' Rewards program once the game launches into open beta to "give them the VIP treatment for being among Olyndale's earliest heroes," the PR reads.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Do we get paid to play this insult?
    nycplayboy78TokkenRueTheWhirlDrunkWolfinfomatzsakinolwingoodmakevaliSolancer
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Didn't this game already come out and not do great?
    nycplayboy78RueTheWhirl
  • AsgeirAsgeir Member UncommonPosts: 17
    "Gameforge Invites Everyone to"... No thx.
    nycplayboy78PuReDusTRueTheWhirl
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    * everyone who isn't region-blocked. No clue how could anyone create a service as shitty as Gameforge - let alone Germans known for their effectiveness.
    nycplayboy78tinoberserkRueTheWhirl

Thank you for your time!

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Honestly game didn't look bad, but I prefer to avoid games that have bad past, because that usually leads to not that great(if any) future.
    GinazRueTheWhirlinfomatzmakevali
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    We live in a day and age where companies believe that there should be genuine hype for a game that failed before.
    RueTheWhirl
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Lost me at Gameforge.
    GinazRueTheWhirl

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    It wasn't gameforge that got caught on steam with this game. It was Insel games if memory serves. They sold the game to gameforge who has remade it, (really got my doubts on doing a ton though). Don't have high expectations the game had many issues. It had some good things but ultimately there were to many bad for me to keep playing. I might give it a peak, but I highly doubt it.
    NyteWytchValdheim
  • truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    The game is fine, no idea what people are talking about. I nearly hit the end game, gameplay is fluid and it really seems like an MMORPG out of something like PoE.
    As they said, it's kind of Diablo mix with WoW.

So far so good. I'm not hyped and not even sure if I will play, but people are really judging it too harsh IMO, I know the company has a history, but the game per se is not bad, wtf...
    Lastlaughlol
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    animations are ugh , the sync is way off , so nothing has changed
    drakana
  • Morfo2Morfo2 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    edited March 2019
    Played 2 hours. I don't see such shitty mechanic and gameplay since... well... never lol even oldschool runescape is much better with gameplay and combat haha
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    let the game die already.......... please!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,068
    There are certainly better alternatives out there; so don't feel pressured into playing this, it's not that great.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • KarnagaKarnaga Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    The game itself is not utter trash buuuut:

- Get all possible inventory space on 4 chars only 60€
    - Hard work on implementing the ingame shop
    - Bugs are there for 2 years still
    - Skills don't work like described
    - You have no idea what skills you get or what attributes you benefit from most
    - Skill resets hidden behind dumb dailie quests
    - Attribute resets only vs real money
    - The game had a shop page for currency that was earned in game and it was completely removed
    - Balance is none existend
    - PvP=Who oneshots whom first?
    - No balancing in dungeoning. 1 and 2 Star dungeons are rather easy with the right gear, 3 star dungeons take hours and drop the same stuff outside of jade
    - Rune system is worse then RoM's
    - The community has some realy strange individuals
    - The Gameforge staff in the forums is totaly useless
    - They offered boxes for people who played their game and stopped it when they had handfull of players
    - They needed months to make it possible for players to get through the barrier ingame that leds to the endgame what was closed for players who bought the ultimate edition on steam
    - The XP rates are abysmall. Do all quests, side quests, public quests and each dungeon at least once will bring you in the lvl 58-60 zone at lvl 51 if you can pull through.
    - Drop rates for the ingame compendium are not existent. Get some random trash cards in dozen and run a bossdungeon over 100 times and get nothing.
    - Some card drops are hidden behind a quest, if you don't know that you can't fulfill your compendium on your own without creating a new or another char.
    - Events so far were "Get xp buff"
    - Attack speed implementation is the most stupid thing I ever seen! It reduces the Cooldwon of your left and rightclick skills and thats it.

Outside of this the game isn't that bad but as we all know Gameforge is a greedy bunch that don't understand players anymore. IF you have time to kill it's worth to give it a spin for sure but with all the flaws the game suffers from it's more a clownfiesta to laugh at then a full fledged game. If you know any content creators tell them this easy to hit target is out there. This game has potential but after the Steam review scam from the last publisher Insel it only gotten worse because.. well... Gameforge.

If you can stomach all of the above and have no problem to play the game over and over and over and over and over again then you might have fun with it. You simply need some attempts to wrap your head arround all the strange mechanics ingame. That's the most positive thing I can say about the game without telling what I honestly think about the game because noone want to read my swearing and all the excrement ratings I would like to tell ^^.

It's a solid 2/10
    enesisxlr8infomatz[Deleted User]
  • donpadrexdonpadrex Member UncommonPosts: 46

3dom said:

* everyone who isn't region-blocked. No clue how could anyone create a service as shitty as Gameforge - let alone Germans known for their effectiveness.

"German effectivnes" died with the rise of Millenials.
    Karnaga
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    They've been promoting this for a while now. I loaded it up a couple weeks ago. I'm a big arpg fan, I lasted about 5 minutes.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Lost me at Gameforge

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

Honestly game didn't look bad, but I prefer to avoid games that have bad past, because that usually leads to not that great(if any) future.

Guess you never played FFXIV : A Realm Reborn?
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Wow, when I played this a while back it just was bad. I never had a character below level 10 die so much because the combat was so bad. It just wasn't a fun time at all.