Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for Starting Out in The Division 2 - MMORPG.com

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageTips for Starting Out in The Division 2 - MMORPG.com

We’ve been playing The Division 2 in early access the last few days and there’s just a ton to take in with this game. With The Division 2 launching for everyone later this evening, we figured this would be a great opportunity to highlight some tips to start you out on the right foot.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    edited March 2019
    All good tips!

I'll add: They've upped the damage both ways (or reduced the health) so definitely don't think you can face-tank damage out of cover. You'll die very, very quick even to red bar enemies.

Use cover, take shots when enemies pop up, move cover to cover. Don't sit in one place too long or you will get flanked and/or grenaded out of cover.

Also don't be afraid to use grenades and your armor packs. You can pretty quickly unlock the perks to get a good increase to the number of both, and they drop somewhat regularly from enemies killed.
    MikeBHugor49[Deleted User]Kilraneinfomatz
  • kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Nice , looking forward playing tommorow did enjoy the beta Alot . I see alot of ppl saying the game is to hard now what do you feel about it badspock ?
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    krea said:
    Nice , looking forward playing tommorow did enjoy the beta Alot . I see alot of ppl saying the game is to hard now what do you feel about it badspock ?
    I wouldn't say it's too hard. It can be a bit rough solo if you get caught in a bad spot, I've died more than a few times, so you have to approach fights tactically.

Overall that's a good thing, I think. I'm looking forward to more players in the open world as soloing the enemy encampments or controls points whatever they are called can be a challenge sometimes.

I'm only level 10, but thus far it seems the biggest difference is that in Division 1 it felt like your best bet was to always just maximize gun DPS and just mow through everything, where as in Division 2 you really have to use your skills and approach big fights a lot more cautiously / defensively. 
    mmolouNyteWytchinfomatz
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    I played during open beta but just like Div 1 it still has a terrible inventory and market system, if you can get beyond that it is very similar to Div 1 so why bother?
    ZenJellyWhiskeydustviddster
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Fair tips.

I have to say that whenever i decide to buy this game I will miss the cold winter snow of TD1 big time. Summer in games is less appealing to me in modern day setting games.

It would be cool if the game had live weather.
    sakinolgamergoddess40

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    My Tip: Don't forget to start saving up for Division 3 as this series only does a few expansions before they think you need to buy the game again. :)
    ZenJellyWhiskeydustbartoni33sakinol[Deleted User]
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    edited March 2019
    Is it the 15th yet? image
    Kilraneinfomatz
  • coleman11bcoleman11b Member UncommonPosts: 76

Scot said:

My Tip: Don't forget to start saving up for Division 3 as this series only does a few expansions before they think you need to buy the game again. :)

The original released three years ago...

[Deleted User]ScotWhiskeydustinfomatzTacticalZombeh
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited March 2019
    The turret and the healing drone are good starting out. I was disappointed with the flame turret. Now it only shoots in a forward cone pattern and turns off and on with a key press, in D1 it was set and forget, I think.

The shooting drone can be sent out to snipe NPCs, or robots coming after you, good for taking out those pesky techs sending out the bots, or snipers.

Don't underestimate the shield, sometimes enemies will rush you several at a time and it's nice to throw up the shield and the turret and watch them drop.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    i cant wait! getting my key in 30 minutes!
  • NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53

Fair tips.

I have to say that whenever i decide to buy this game I will miss the cold winter snow of TD1 big time. Summer in games is less appealing to me in modern day setting games.

It would be cool if the game had live weather.

I'd say the weather effects make up for the snow. I've been in a few storms now and it was pretty neat as it affects visibility.
    WhiskeydustOctagon7711
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823

Scot said:

The original released three years ago...

True but franchises if they work get milked, remember when we did not need to have a franchise release a new title every year? Same in all of entertainment, we once didn't need to have a new a Star Wars film every year.

But to fair three years is not bad, lets hope it stays like that.
    bartoni33
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDk i watched Streamer house destroy this game both beta and release and dude never cared about anything much ,he simply just walked in and started shooting.he ran into a few snags and while chat was offering their help,he simply used a no brainer approach and were among the first to walk right through this game.
    So bottom line,no strategy needed,game is too easy and imo watching the dude from Streamer house,he wasn't even a good player,it was just that easy.
    mmolou

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Another tip I saw was that if you want to optimize (ie speed up) your leveling, don't do side missions until higher levels. Apparently they scale to always give 1/3 of your level xp requirement, and because higher levels require a lot more xp it's a way to get through them faster.

Not my usual gamestyle, but good to know if I get chomping at the bit to get the next level.
    Looking forward to playing.