Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A New Dungeons & Dragons Game is in the Works - Is it an RPG or MMO? - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I hope not more mobile crap.
  • ParagonianParagonian Member UncommonPosts: 39

Lokero said:

Everyone completely forgetting that Neverwinter exists also?  There's currently 2 D&D brand MMOs already.  I'd be quite surprised to see another one.

It definitely feels like time for another attempt at a new D&D RPG, though.  I can't even remember what was the last good one.

Sword Coast Legends was pretty good, IMO. The company that made it went out of business though. :(
  • truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I'm hopping for a coop cRPG and please please please TURN BASED... Pause and play is cool, but D&D is meant to be TURN BASED for god sake... Temple of Elemental Evil did it right.
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    cRPG from ARPG dev... Can't see happening.
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Would really like to see a deep turn based Forgotten Realms MMO.
    Palebane
    Isaiah 41:10
  • VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    It's malware that breaks everyone's computer and forces them back to playing D&D with paper and dice as the gods intended.
    Palebane
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    BR, survival or mobile; take your bets.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Nyctelios said:
    Aeander said:
    Forgotten Realms Royale.  :D
    Basically any plot about Elminster
    I'm actually not knowledgeable about D&D proper, not being a player myself.

I do, however have light experience with the R. A Salvatore Icewind Dale novels, and, more importantly, consider myself to be a big fan of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series inspired by D&D.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Nyctelios said:
    Aeander said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Aeander said:

I do, however have light experience with the R. A Salvatore Icewind Dale novels, and, more importantly, consider myself to be a big fan of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series inspired by D&D.
    To sums things up: Elminster is like Zeus. He fucks everything, has bazillions sons and daughters and in his spare time like to raid the nine hells and other planes to get himself in trouble because he is bored.
    If you own a robe and wizard hat, what choice do you really have? :p

More seriously, iirc, the guy who created/wrote the Elminster novels was actually the guy who was in charge of Forgotten Realms(was he in charge of the whole company or just that area?), so Elminster could basically do whatever he wanted... mm, favoritism.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Lokero said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Aeander said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Aeander said:

To sums things up: Elminster is like Zeus. He fucks everything, has bazillions sons and daughters and in his spare time like to raid the nine hells and other planes to get himself in trouble because he is bored.
    If you own a robe and wizard hat, what choice do you really have? :p

More seriously, iirc, the guy who created/wrote the Elminster novels was actually the guy who was in charge of Forgotten Realms(was he in charge of the whole company or just that area?), so Elminster could basically do whatever he wanted... mm, favoritism.
    Ed Greenwood created the Forgotten Realm as a kid in the 60s. He sold the rights to TSR (the D&D owners back then) when they were looking for new settings in the 80s.
    gervaise1