Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Division 2 thoughts

ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,218
So these are my thoughts with the Division 2 so far.  I am no stranger to  the looter shooter genre. I have played about 75 hours of The Division (Just to get caught up on the story before 2), I played Anthem for about 100 hours, and now I have played Division 2 for about 7 hours since the game launched on the Xbox. Though I will be switching over to the PC today since my cousin decided to stick with Anthem for the flight.

Two things stick out to me the most with The Division 2 so far. 

1) There is so much to do. Sometimes it can even be a bit overwhelming. Most if not all of these things you have seen in other looter shooters or in The Division 1 but it is done so much better here. You have your classic ubisoft strongholds, you have your guard an area missions, and other such nonsense but other from Anthem where these missions got stale after an hour or two even after this much playtime I have riveted and that leads me to point #2.

2) The AI may not be the best AI I have ever seen in a video game but it is the best AI I have ever seen in a looter shooter easily. They know when your low on health, when you retreat, or when your in bad cover and react to that by flooding your area, flanking you, etc... It makes every fight tense as you have to keep an eye on your surroundings. When you get that radio call that reinforcements are incoming its terrifying as you try to find out where they are going to be. I have seen on reddit people complain that the game is to hard and I applaud Massive and Ubisoft for that. For making the players play smart. I have died quite a few times and I am sure I will die some more.

Other things that are nice are it seems like bullet spongy enemies have been nerfed. I have noticed a massive reduction in time it takes to kill an enemy from beta to release. The other thing I love is exploration. There is something behind every corner. Be it loot, echoes, or audio calls. All of which have been written fantastically so far. The side quests are also pretty great for the genre. Better then Anthem's anyway. Never played Destiny.

One last thing I have to mention about The Division is loot. I played the end game for Anthem for about ten hours in that time I only got one Masterwork. In The Division I have constantly gotten green and blue loot. I have no idea what the highest rank is but I doubt I would get that before level cap anyway. I constantly feel rewarded for playing The Division which is something Anthem lacked. 

My cousin didn't like hiding behind cover, not being able to fly, or constantly being killed for running straight into a group of bad guys. That's fine. For me I am loving The Division 2 so far. Obviously I am still in the Honey Moon phase and I only got to lvl 10. I am about to restart on the PC so it will be a minute before I get to Level cap. I just wanted to start a discussion on the game and see how other people are feeling so far about the game.

I changed my profile picture, sorry

Proud supporter of Ship of Heroes, Fractured, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, and Saga of Lucimia 

Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and Elite Dangerous

Xarktardparrotpholk

Comments

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    The division 2 looks like the most generic shooter I have seen in recent times...
    ArteriusHatefullparrotpholk
  • bartfartkartbartfartkart Member UncommonPosts: 15
    The division 2 looks like the most generic shooter I have seen in recent times...
    cuz it iz  :D   :D  :D  :p  :p  :p
    Arteriusparrotpholk
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,510
    Something tells me you don't know the meaning of the word generic.
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited March 13
    The Beta was a blast to the point of where I preordered the standard edition. The side activities distracted me from the main missions because they were fun and engaging. I’m not sure how I feel about the new abilities yet, I couldn’t figure out how to use the sniper turret or drone. I’m also curious about the endgame specializations as I didn’t want to get a taste of them without clearing the story/reach max level. Overall I am very happy I preordered.

The wait for the next two days is agonizing as I just beat DMC 5 today and my neck of the woods is in the middle of a huge blizzard. 
    BizkitNL said:
    GENERIC : having no particularly distinctive quality or application.
    BizkitNL said:
    GENERIC : having no particularly distinctive quality or application

With that said, i an thinking of getting it, looks decent, its a choice between Division  2 and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr, both arpgs.  

Division 2 the map looks huge and fun. but Martyr is Diablo  3 in space :)

Gdemami
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,218
    BizkitNL said:
    GENERIC : having no particularly distinctive quality or application.
    I would say that there are some things that are Generic about Division 2 but it does plenty to make it far from a generic game altogether.
    Xarktard
    I changed my profile picture, sorry

Proud supporter of Ship of Heroes, Fractured, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, and Saga of Lucimia 

Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and Elite Dangerous

• parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602
    Played about 8 hours so far and really enjoying it.  There have been a couple of graphical glitches but the thing that sticks out is that it appears the Ubisoft QA team did their jobs.  Overall it runs well and plays well also.  The AI is above average and they did nerf the spongy mobs.  Great job overall and I have found at least 8 new outfits as well in that time which is nice to customize the appearance.