Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secret World Legends Seasonal Mini Event 'Envoys of Avalon' Kicks Off - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSecret World Legends Seasonal Mini Event 'Envoys of Avalon' Kicks Off - MMORPG.com

From today through March 27th, Secret World Legends players can take part in the seasonal mini event called Envoys of Avalon. Players are tasked with finding the Druids of Avalon "as they help usher you to the training simulation". There are, of course, exclusive loot, agent dossiers and legends to collect.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2019
    I honestly forgot this game was still around. Maybe they'll do Secret World Legends 'Classic' to re-invigorate the game. Or better yet, just turn it into a br game.
    grg210Ponku
  • mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102

Albatroes said:

I honestly forgot this game was still around. Maybe they'll do Secret World Legends 'Classic' to re-invigorate the game. Or better yet, just turn it into a br game.

id only play if they made it like the original.
    Ponku
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991

mallettjt said:

Albatroes said:

What is the difference between old SW and the new one?
  • Rastan1Rastan1 Member UncommonPosts: 74

Scot said:

mallettjt said:

Albatroes said:

A couple of years.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Scot said:

mallettjt said:

Albatroes said:

Huge skill restrictions compared to the original, because "choosing" is complicated. Everything is streamlined down now which is perfectly fine if you like mmorpgs in this current genre of being braindead and just pressing 3-4 buttons in a sequences for big numbers. Power is straight up bought with real money but I wouldn't honestly say p2w because you dont really win anything and hardly anyone pvps.
    ScotPonku
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    SBFord said:
     Players are tasked with finding the Druids of Avalon "as they help usher you to the training simulation". 
    If only that training mission wasn't so deadly boring.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • izanagi256izanagi256 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    edited October 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by izanagi256 on
    Torval said:
    Scot said:

mallettjt said:

Albatroes said:

Combat and character progression got streamlined some. The multiplayer format went from "MMO" to "shared world RPG" with about 10 or so people max per zone. It feels like a more immersive game play experience to me overall. I hate their monetization.
    My old guild won't be happy they would do RP events with easy 20 people, doubt they went back to it. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    *Pours out liquor for The Secret World*

Game was terrible and incredible at the same time. Some of the best and most memorable quests I've ever played. Most unique atmosphere and setting for an MMORPG (in the beginning at least). Best stories (what ever happens after the first "ending"). Worst models, UI, bugs, and everything else... EVER. :D

[Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Torval said:
    Scot said:
    Torval said:
    Scot said:

mallettjt said:

Albatroes said:

Combat and character progression got streamlined some. The multiplayer format went from "MMO" to "shared world RPG" with about 10 or so people max per zone. It feels like a more immersive game play experience to me overall. I hate their monetization.
    My old guild won't be happy they would do RP events with easy 20 people, doubt they went back to it. 
    You can still do those in each of the towns or Agartha, just not in adventure zones. That could cramp an RP guild for sure if they wanted to do so in adventure zones.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of multiplayer, or even good single player, games in this style of alt reality. If this game doesn't work for someone they don't have many alternatives.
    The adventure zones were used a lot, Egypt for example rather lends itself to adventure. They will have moved on, sometimes no matter what your guild does the game beats you.
    [Deleted User]