Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is going on with mages in BFA in high-end gameplay?

BaalzharonBaalzharon Member RarePosts: 514
edited March 2019 in World of Warcraft
-A 100% DPS class at bottom of the charts
-No survivability (nothing new of course)
-8.1.5 (todays patch as of today) sees barely any changes to mages
-Warlocks get a slight nerf (mostly demonology, and it was only for PvP really), but remain pretty much at the top for PVE. Yeah that one bug of stacking traits is fixed, but they are still doing great. And all 3 specs are doing amazing
-Shaman Elemental are topping the charts (WHAT?)
-Mages at bottom of the charts

Is mage the meme class in BFA? It was shamans in legion, guess its mages turn? Now shamans turned from a meme class to a good class, and now mage is the meme class

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    OP and about time. imo
    Baalzharon
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited March 2019
    Mages have two of their three specs in the top 10 damage dealers @ i385/T22 and i415/T23.

Not sure what data you are basing your statements on, but Fire is the only spec of the three that has any noteworthy issues. 

The discrepancy in damage between the other two specs is marginal at best and easily competitive with all of the other top tier damage dealers.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T23_Raid.html

You're getting very emotional over what appears to be a personal problem. A problem easily solved by playing one of the two competitive specs.

Survivability issues are shared by a number of classes currently, not just Mages, so that argument doesn't really hold any water either. If you're dying, chances are it's due to your own mistakes.

Making statements that claim Mages can't dps better than tanks, are bottom of the charts or that healers have higher damage output is simply false. 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    The problem is that you're reading message boards and not charts.

According to message boards every spec for every class has massive issues that make them the worst in the game.
    Baalzharon
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Why were complaining before you even tried to play the class?  You made it sound like you were personally affected by the nerfs and, it turns out, all you did was read some forums somewhere and then proceed to spread false information to another site......I mean WTF.

And on top of that, you posted multiple times without someone even responding to the thread and managed to quote yourself once.  My god, if this makes you rage this hard, I feel sorry for things in your life that actually matter.....
  • Cry0Cry0 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited March 2019

I got trolled so hard lol. Now anyone seeing this thread is gonna look at me like I'm a big sad little fool :(
    I think they will laugh, like I did, at the fact that 90% of the thread is you posting responses to yourself ;)

I haven't played in BFA -  but I was heavy into the analytics in legion. My preferred approach to seeing how classes performed was always warcraft logs --https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21#boss=2265&region=1&dataset=95

Sim results are great, but I always felt logs showed a better picture of how classes performed overall and on specific fights. A classes ability to do dps while handling mechanics.

It doesn't look like there are results for 8.1.5 -- I'm assuming it launched today? But at a cursory glance, without knowing any fight, it seems it is a fairly standard story -- for whatever reason, shadow priest seems to be a top dps on every fight because it has always made sense that the dps spec for a healer class should also be one of the top dps classes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Warlocks have at least 2 top end competitive specs for every fight. 

Aside from priests and rogues (edit) warlocks (edit) - everyone else seems fairly balanced in that they have at least one spec that is competitive with everything else *on most fights*. I can appreciate that out of the pure dps classes -- rogue, hunter, mage, warlock, it is probably frustrating having warlock be the only one that has a spec that really excels -- and they have two specs by the looks of things.

Class imbalances is a story as old as time in WoW - the reality is that for the majority of players it doesn't really matter a whole lot. Play what you like and play it well.

I always *hated* the people who pulled gray parses while complaining about how unfair it was that their class was bad. Get a consistent 90%+ parse before you start complaining about the injustices of class balance in the raid scene.
    Post edited by Cry0 on
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    And don't forget you can probably make more money for ports now! Amiright?