Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem performance issues caused by Denuvo !

2»

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Why would you put a Denuvo DRM into a freaking always-on multiplayer game where your Origin game launcher is basically all the DRM that you need<O> The execs of EA are freaking mental. Jesus Christ.

You are supposed to put an anti-cheat solution, not a DRM.... ffs

I guess they take this reddit thread as some peasant joke that they are too rich to understand, lol. 
    Denuvo is anti-tamper. DRM isn't the only thing it does. It's a robust anti-cheat solution as well. They expanded it's functions last year.

If that were true, Apex Legends wouldn't rely on shitty easy anti-cheat but rather on Denuvo since they already have it.
    here is a funny thing about apex, they server are checking all matchs, I had a guildie using hacks on it, he was being banned on each round he used, so not only he made several accounts in less then a hour, we had a lot of fun, calling him mono finger, and other name calling on about how bad he is
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Why would you put a Denuvo DRM into a freaking always-on multiplayer game where your Origin game launcher is basically all the DRM that you need<O> The execs of EA are freaking mental. Jesus Christ.

I guess they take this reddit thread as some peasant joke that they are too rich to understand, lol. 
    Denuvo is anti-tamper. DRM isn't the only thing it does. It's a robust anti-cheat solution as well. They expanded it's functions last year.

If that were true, Apex Legends wouldn't rely on shitty easy anti-cheat but rather on Denuvo since they already have it.
    I'm sure it's possible there's different packages they can pay for when it comes to Denuvo; different licenses. There might be one that doesn't include the anti-cheat.. I don't know. Or maybe AL simply decided to use a different one because they thought it would be better, who knows.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    edited March 2019

and still don't work even with the new "feature"
    Yes, I know it's hip to hate on Denuvo.. and no software is ever going to be completely hack proof.. and it does affect performance on lesser systems, especially i5 systems.. but it stops major cheating issues from getting out of control and makes it quite hard for the average user to use something like an aim-bot. Anything that alters the game files will be flagged.

If you want cheating in these games to go away.. you got to accept that your PC is going to have to do more work. It's the same for any anti-tamper or anti-cheat software.

Single player games don't need it.. games with multiplayer generally do need it.

Denuvo also stops.. or at least prevents.. people starting private servers.
    wrong again, most cheating tools, hacks and such first thing they do, they turn off such anti-cheat softwares

what you are saying is wishfull thinking on hoping denuvo would stop cheats, but cheats first rule is to copy certain files inside the game files, or install such files, so they turn off such softwares, or the very least not be detectable, only way to mitigate such hackings would be banning people who does doing a server side check or abnormal things, like damage or time completion of mission/quests.

little example, MHW there is several quests timer of people who finished such quest in 0:01 time, but since capcom don't bother to check they are still there

so again denuvo is a waste of resources and money and there is no valid argument to make use of such, unless people inside are using these things to deviate money from the company
    I'm not wrong about anything. Right now, Denuvo is the hardest protection to crack and that's a fact. It will always be cracked because code can always be broken.. but it makes it much harder than anything else and pirates and/or cheats have to wait longer. Some Denuvo games have never been cracked.. some get a crack straight away. Depends how committed the hackers are, I suppose.

You're only looking at it from a consumer point of view. Denuvo also provides things like online encryption toolkits which protects user data and the servers. It makes sure everything you send to them and everything they send to you is encrypted.. it protects you. Sadly, encryption and decryption require more processing power.

and still don't work even with the new "feature"
    Yes, I know it's hip to hate on Denuvo.. and no software is ever going to be completely hack proof.. and it does affect performance on lesser systems, especially i5 systems.. but it stops major cheating issues from getting out of control and makes it quite hard for the average user to use something like an aim-bot. Anything that alters the game files will be flagged.

If you want cheating in these games to go away.. you got to accept that your PC is going to have to do more work. It's the same for any anti-tamper or anti-cheat software.

Single player games don't need it.. games with multiplayer generally do need it.

Denuvo also stops.. or at least prevents.. people starting private servers.
    wrong again, most cheating tools, hacks and such first thing they do, they turn off such anti-cheat softwares

what you are saying is wishfull thinking on hoping denuvo would stop cheats, but cheats first rule is to copy certain files inside the game files, or install such files, so they turn off such softwares, or the very least not be detectable, only way to mitigate such hackings would be banning people who does doing a server side check or abnormal things, like damage or time completion of mission/quests.

little example, MHW there is several quests timer of people who finished such quest in 0:01 time, but since capcom don't bother to check they are still there

so again denuvo is a waste of resources and money and there is no valid argument to make use of such, unless people inside are using these things to deviate money from the company
    I'm not wrong about anything. Right now, Denuvo is the hardest protection to crack and that's a fact. It will always be cracked because code can always be broken.. but it makes it much harder than anything else and pirates and/or cheats have to wait longer. Some Denuvo games have never been cracked.. some get a crack straight away. Depends how committed the hackers are, I suppose.

You're only looking at it from a consumer point of view. Denuvo also provides things like online encryption toolkits which protects user data and the servers. It makes sure everything you send to them and everything they send to you is encrypted.. it protects you. Sadly, encryption and decryption require more processing power.
    so the hardest to crack take a couple of hours after launch? again why its not a waste?

serious less then a day they take to crack it

encryption become useless when you know the "word" for it, if they can crack such software in hours, what make you think they can't figure out the word in the same fashion?

now for curiosity, pray tell me what games with denuvo they didn't cracked?
    Gdemami
    edited March 2019

so the hardest to crack take a couple of hours after launch? again why its not a waste?

encryption become useless when you know the "word" for it, if they can crack such software in hours, what make you think they can't figure out the word in the same fashion?

You're just exaggerating to try prove some kind of point and clearly have no idea how encryption works. Random encryption keys are generated for 'each' encryption. There isn't one magic key that will decrypt everything associated with that server or client. If encryption was so easy to break.. all of our payment and bank info would be freely available by now... everywhere. Do you use online banking and really believe what you're saying? Because if you're right we are all in some deep shit.

I could point you to a website that lists everything that has been cracked and what hasn't. I don't think I'm allowed to post it here though. Try to find it yourself if you're curious. There's actually quite a lot of them.

You're just exaggerating to try prove some kind of point and clearly have no idea how encryption works. Random encryption keys are generated for 'each' encryption. There isn't one magic key that will decrypt everything associated with that server or client. If encryption was so easy to break.. all of our payment and bank info would be freely available by now... everywhere. Do you use online banking and really believe what you're saying? Because if you're right we are all in some deep shit.

I could point you to a website that lists everything that has been cracked and what hasn't. I don't think I'm allowed to post it here though. Try to find it yourself if you're curious.
    relative speaking its easy to break yes, and no I don't use internet banking, I never said I did