Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facebook Worse than we thought

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
Due out this week will be lots of documents to reveal that Facebook has been lobbying for freedom on how they act via blackmail.

Their lobbying ideals stem from threatening to remove jobs and or threatening to not put new structure/business and jobs in place unless they get their own way which is to basically  operate under ZERO scrutiny.
It is scary to think this would obviously not be just a Facebook ordeal but MANY big businesses are using their power to manipulate how law works and put it in their favor and all for what reason?

Easy,to  better use illegal means to get information on us and how they  spread that information,how they share it with all businesses around the world.You can bet this type of blackmail lobbying goes on all over the world in all aspects of business.

Can anything help the human race and it's greed for money?I hope so,it's getting real bad now that so much information is released to the public now a days,they used to bribe ..ahem i mean make deals to have illegal stuff get swept under the rug.To think Zuckerberg was drilled by many people over i think was 6 hours and this idea of lobbying/bribing/blackmail never came up.One thing for certain,one person said ..."Mr.Zuckerberg,i believe you are one very intelligent person",he most certainly is and has surrounded himself with other smart manipulative people.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Err ...

Yeah sorry, but that not "worse than expected".

In fact thats pretty normal business for ANY larger company.

Economic power is political power.

• bartfartkartbartfartkart Member UncommonPosts: 15
    delete yo facebook now!
  • Franz123Franz123 Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    Only so-so I think...
  • CitizenX007CitizenX007 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I've never been on Facebook, nor any of the other social media platforms, 'cept YouTube. Back before Facebook was publicly released, Mark Zuckerberg made the following statement, he said: "People just gave it to me (all their data). I don't know why...they trust me. Dumb fucks." But that didn't stop hundreds of millions of incompetent Derps from handing over all their private data to Facebook. And if their government wants that information Facebook will hand it over, no questions asked...so, in effect, Faceberg is an arm of the intelligence apparatus of the US government.
  • dotipeyadotipeya Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Many people use Facebook out of habit or for the value of their contacts, but it is an outdated product.
  • marcusessmith84marcusessmith84 Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    I have not used Facebook for a long time. Sometimes Ican enter if I need to check the message I'm waiting for. It's really easier for me to use Instagram and WhatsApp. In fact, this is one and the same company. Lol. 
  • BladeburaibaBladeburaiba Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Lol, the masses.  This has been known for years.  You are not going to do anything but continue to give them all your stuff.  Your only purpose is to live and die by their hand.
  • Olive23Olive23 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 12
    Yes, you're right and I agree..
    Post edited by Olive23 on
  • spectralaspectrala Member UncommonPosts: 91
    It is really alarming to learn that Facebook allegedly used coercion to advocate for unrestrained activities. It draws attention to a larger problem of large companies influencing legislation to suit their interests, thereby jeopardizing user privacy. While greater openness is essential, solving such issues calls for coordinated efforts, support for stricter laws, and a dedication to moral business conduct.